What's new

I worked on the US drone program. The public should know what really goes on

My favorite argument as that the children of guys killed by drones may become militants. Lol....as if the kids of some TTP commander were gonna become Civil Rights lawyers otherwise.

If the US had stayed in the 80s, we could have solved the political issues, there would have been no civil war, there also would have been a semi functional govt, security, economic, education apparatus as well as the resettlement of the refugees.

It would have denied the likes of Osama to do as they please.
That was the big mistake, there.

If the US had stayed in the 80s, we could have solved the political issues, there would have been no civil war, there also would have been a semi functional govt, security, economic, education apparatus as well as the resettlement of the refugees.

It would have denied the likes of Osama to do as they please.

are you saying that pakistan would not have supported the taliban had we stayed longer in the 80's?

Really , you want to me believe - that pakistan would not have tried to support a pro pakistani group back then had we stayed?

come on man...did you not claim earlier in this thread that Pak will do what it has do to for its best interest, I think you called these groups that benefit you- "our idiots" ? Taliban are the " idiots" you spoke off

That was the big mistake, there.

err no. not really. They supported the taliban not because we left, but rather because it suited their foreign policy in the 80's.

best example of the fallacy of " had US stayed it would be different"- is that we did stay over decade now and PAK still supports the same groups.

If I am wrong then- why are they still supporting them now , now that we stayed 10 plus years?

Last edited:
@JayAtl

If the US had commited to the reconstruction efforts with us, there would have been no taliban to begin with. Remember what i said before that Benazir Bhutto created the Taliban only because an entire country was left in a power vacume, because the US simply packed their bags and left.

We could have installed a national unity govt in Kabul in 1990-1991, when we still had a great deal of leverage with both Northern and Southern command of Mujahideen.

They ended up becoming the Northern Alliance and the Taliban respectively with Al-Qaeda funding whoever worked with them. I sometimes wish that the US congress had listened to the pleading Charlie Wilson, after the war.

@Juice

They won't be human rights activists yes, but if we engage them rather than bombing them, they won't become insurgents either. In effect, we are giving Al-Qaida a perfect ecosystem by doing most of their work by using military force alone!!

I'm sick and tired of this madness. This war must end so my people and Afghans can have a break from 35 years of fuitile wars.

As far as i'm concerned the US must not fully withdraw. There should be an open cut deal on the use of drones with Pakistan, with our control over certain aspects of such missions.

We should find a worthy replacement for Karzai, someone who fully supports our new negotiations drive between the Taliban and the US in Istanbul. The Qatar initiative failed because of Karzai.

Lastly, we need to create a working group of US, Pakistan, China, Russia and Iran to create more trust, so they stop their suspicions. It must lead to a National Unity govt and a National Military rather than the current one, most of whom are from the north and are still loyal to their warlords.

Its in the best interest of the US and Pakistan to deny the Al-Qaeda yet another country to do as they please. If US has learned anything from 9/11, and if Pakistan has learned anything from a 35 years of war, a devestated economy, world's largest refugee crisis and thousands of dead Pakistanis....we will have to work together for a safer Afghanistan, REGARDLESS of how rocky our own relationship is...or remains.

Last edited:
@CENTCOM @TruthSeeker

Please read the above debate and comment if you wish.

Thanks.

@Juice

Just think that if Pakistan has a choice to support the Taliban in a long term setting or to have a solid, trustworthy relationship with the US for acheiving the same goals who would we go for?

Beyong our safety of Pakistan and the US, the safety of the rest of the world depends on us too. We cannot allow Al-Qaeda to have a field day in Afghanistan once again. We just can't afford to.

If the US keeps a footprint in Afghanistan, it would deny some other states the chance to exploit the post withdrawl setting to earn their own goals.

What you say is very true. And in hind-sight we should have stayed better engaged rather than "The Soviets are gone....sink or swim." That didn't work out so well. The "Taliban" (or rather some of the more moderate people in it) are going to have to have a voice...they live there. But we are going to have to stay engaged....that much is obvious.

@Juice

Taliban can be worked with, whats needed is a little bit of trust. US and Pakistan should maintain MNNA and commit to a 30 year resettlement plan for Afghanistan.

AFAIK a national unity govt that represents the majority pashtuns and a national unity military is very important.

Its better for us to work with them, rather than having them work with Al-Qaeda...we both know, how that ends.

="A.Rafay, post: 5096086, member: 138981"]You still justify these drone attacks? What kind of heartless sick guy are you?

Well lets see drone attacks kill terrorist

Pakistani Taliban leader Hakimullah Mehsud killed in CIA drone strike

Pakistani Taliban leader Hakimullah Mehsud killed in CIA drone strike | World news | The Guardian

How many Pakistani civilians and security personals were killed by this guy.

How many lifes have been saved after this monster is taken out?

Don't run from it answer it, what kind of pathetic person defend him.

Terrorists kill civilians?? of course they do thats WHY they are called "Terrorists".

Thank you for telling me why they are called terrorist but did u also know they the Terrorist have killed 10000s upon 10000s of Pakistanis and destroyed families.

But how would you support drone attacks which not only violates our rights and sovereignty but kill civilians women and children!

Simple Drone attacks bring results thats why i support drone attacks. drones attack saves lives as they take out the most heinous monsters hiding in mountains ready to kill as many as needed to further their cause.

Drone attacks make sure sold out judges dont let terrorist walk after admitting in open public yet still found innocent.Drone attacks make sure Terrorist get one way ticket to hell.

I like how you and other Taliban sympathizers are so concerned with children and women, yet Its OK for Taliban to go around killing children and women through out pakistan.

"MIGHT" might have killed?? you believe Americans more than Pakistanis??

I am suppose to take terrorist words.

your own people??

I am the one speaking for my own people as drone attacks has killed monsters that created hell on earth for most Pakistanis. As far as terrorist are concerned they are not my people they are devils pets financed and created by the devil.

Shows who you really support.

No it actually shows who you support

Civilians have been killed in all drone strikes, countless people have been terrorized and countless have lost their children.

over 50,000 Pakistanis have been killed so far in terrorist attacks not to mention 1000s of families destroyed cause of single bread winner taken out by terrorist young kids as young as 7 and 10 working labor jobs to put food on the table cause dad is gone.

Your kin needs drone on your home to make you understand the situation.

What can one expect from a terrorist sympathizers.

I hope your kins are next victims of terrorist bomb so you understand the feelings 1000s of Pakistanis have towards the Monster you protect.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom