What's new

I worked on the US drone program. The public should know what really goes on

we lost ? what do you define as victory ? we changed the regime in Iraq and afghanistan , we killed 200x ( exaggeration a bit) of our enemies, we remained in those countries establishing new govts. for years... and we lost?

here you pakistanis claim you won your wars against india, with much lower " victories" and did not manage to capture any Indian lands. why do you have different standards for us? you write stories about how you took down one or two aircrafts as heralded it as some great victory and call our sustained victories as a loss? hmmm

so per your logic, if you attack indian, take over it for 10 years , change govt, but have pockets of insurgency - that would be a lost war for pakistan?

you have a funny notion of winning...brother

Yes, USA lost. Let us leave it at that. ;)

@VCheng

Please read 'Imperial Hubris'.

Bits of it are now being taught to security science students in US Universities.

Take the word of the scholars on this subject, not mine.

@pak-marine

I didn't want an answer from you, as i already know the sickhead point of view of the Pakistani 'liberals'. I was just knocking to see if there is any 'zameer left'. As usual its empty as a 'tabla'.

I hope (honestly) that some of your family members, kids and women become, what you call the 'collateral damage'. I'm sure that will 'lift the lid'.

Now before you get all 'firey' and i'd have to call the fire brigade, do think for a minute of those who already have lost their loved ones.

They are humans and Pakistanis too...btw...o'h well!

Does this apply to the truck drivers lined up and shot in North Waziristan simply because they happened to have stopped there?

@VCheng

Please read 'Imperial Hubris'.

Bits of it are now being taught to security science students in US Universities.

Take the word of the scholars on this subject, not mine.

Yes, I have already agreed that USA lost. :)

@pak-marine
I didn't want an answer from you, as i already know the sickhead point of view of the Pakistani 'liberals'. I was just knocking to see if there is any 'zameer left'. As usual its empty as a 'tabla'.
I hope (honestly) that some of your family members, kids and women become, what you call the 'collateral damage'. I'm sure that will 'lift the lid'.
Now before you get all 'firey' and i'd have to call the fire brigade, do think for a minute of those who already have lost their loved ones.
They are humans and Pakistanis too...btw...o'h well!

I do not ever wish or hope any one from your family or any one else ever become a victim of your favorite terrorists (TTP) strikes whereas those who are/were a victim know and seek justice (drone strikes and PA action) is appreciated by them as they kill the vary killers who claimed the responsibility for those attacks. But hey thats me and you have your wishes .. go get your mussala and start praying ..

Also try and read the full post next before coming up with unstable childish gibberish, its either comprehension problems or psychiatric illness "having a unbalanced mind" that you fail to comprehend the entire post i condemned killing of innocent civilians on an important note its delusional individuals like you who fail too see the terrorists hiding behind those , those rats you support are the reason why they are getting killed ... Any how i have little or zero expectations of understanding from an dud head mod like your selves .. go give me a negative rating now

this exactly my question too. You had pakistan that had a huge offensive in the SWAT valley in the past, where it was said near a million people were displaced. arti shelling ( not a precision weapon) was used and aerial bombing-- I never heard a word of protest about about hundreds of civilians killed in that scenario from folks here. arti shelling and aerial bombing with aircrafts kill way more civilians indiscriminately, but because it was in a TTP area ONLY those civilians did not matter

Swat and Wazirastan are two different areas,

different people

and

hence different strategies.

Please do not mix up things and spread misinformation.

Thank you.

Swat and Wazirastan are two different areas,

different people

and

hence different strategies.

Please do not mix up things and spread misinformation.

Thank you.

whatever region , the point is an army offensive is more indiscriminate and kills civilians a load more than drones- was my point.

whatever region , the point is an army offensive is more indiscriminate and kills civilians a load more than drones- was my point.

Drones are just band aid solution.

boots on the ground is needed at some point.

Just see how Indian army is still in Kashmir,

or

how it handled Sikh uprising.

Peace

p.s. I am in no way starting a flame war. Just giving the generic comparison of anti-insurgency ops.

Drones are just band aid solution.

boots on the ground is needed at some point.

Just see how Indian army is still in Kashmir,

or

how it handled Sikh uprising.

Peace

p.s. I am in no way starting a flame war. Just giving the generic comparison of anti-insurgency ops.

The topography of the theater determines what is best. indians can do much better and avoid far fewer terrorists in kashmir if they have drones over the LOC i.e get them before they walk into cities.

The topography of the area where american drones are not even under the jurisdiction of pakistan, they have their own laws and courts and constitution. They are vast lands and mountainous terrains. For you have the ability and safety of having boots in the ground in this area means complete deployment and take over and it be under military jurisdiction. that is going to mean a bloodshed, all out war theater and displacement of millions of civilians

@pak-marine

I can already see the effects of 'when it affects me' doctrine. Great...and God bless.

@VCheng

As a Pakistani citizen, you are constitutionally allowed to campaign for the truckies as much as i am allowed to do so for the civilian toll of drone strikes.

@VCheng

As a Pakistani citizen, you are constitutionally allowed to campaign for the truckies as much as i am allowed to do so for the civilian toll of drone strikes.

That is fair.

War is a dirty business, but what I fear are the long term political complications for Pakistan.

Sad truth is if Pakistan didn't let the situation become a cluster **** then there would be no drones flying over head. GOP has accepted the drones today despite all their crying to the contrary, unless somebody has a more effective way to stamp out talibs (especially their leadership) drones will continue.

@VCheng

If we stop fighting as a mercenery for just 20 years. Stop fighting for the 'ummah', stop acting as a bankrupt Chahudri, most of our issues will be fixed.

Young Pakistanis need to infiltrate the civil service, military, politics, judiciary, commerce and religious doctrines to 'clean them internally'.

It will take long, but it will work.

@pak-marine

I can already see the effects of 'when it affects me' doctrine. Great...and God bless.

@VCheng

sure you can advocate for civilian deaths and by no means I think Vcheng or any of us on the other side think those " human lives" as not worthy. But then we ask you - what is your alternative? do you value the lives of civilians and military they kill in Afghanistan? or just yours , while your intelligence establishments continue to protect and train against us?

you can be against something but then you must also gives us your " better" plan. I assure you that our military doctrine lies favorably on letting a terrorist go than killing a civilian . If you have looked at the tapes leaked , you will see there are several levels of permission taken / requested before we fire in 99.99999% of the cases. levels unheard of in the military doctrines of the world.

Back
Top Bottom