What's new

‘I will take everything from you’, US policeman tells Pakistani driver

The incident described on social media does not illustrate who we are as a city or how we carry ourselves when serving residents and members of the public

Well your country just elected a racist and a bigot. That tells a lot about you.

Elections in the US are actually boring, it's easy to predict for outsiders like me who can view the election without bias. We in India knew Trump was gonna win since a long time, regardless of Clinton's media blitz. The Democrats have strongholds, the Republicans have strongholds, their stronghold base rarely wavers. And there are only a few pivot states (the ones that switch sides) which decide the election, very boring, very predictable.

It's funny for all the talk of diversity liberals want they continue to reside in liberal environments of NYC or California(West Coast). The electoral college was meant for small less populated States to have a voice in front of populated ones like New York, Florida, California, and Texas.

There's equal chance for both parties to win each State. The first reporting of Texas had Hillary winning the State, she only lost by less than a million votes! And this is a die hard Republican State. Even President Reagan converted, just look at the maps! To Republican, then again his competition was then-President Carter and some guy named Mondale(who carried his own state by 0.18%):

349px-ElectoralCollege1980.svg.png
1980 Election Map.

349px-ElectoralCollege1984.svg.png
1984 Election Map.

Find the differences:
349px-ElectoralCollege2000.svg.png
349px-ElectoralCollege2004.svg.png

This is Trump's Texas Win:
upload_2016-11-14_10-24-55.png

Pretty soon Texas will be turning blue. But it all comes down to bringing out the vote. Less people voted in this election than the previous ones. But the Republican base was solid in turnout. Democrats weren't.

This wasn't a "Whitelash". And Van Jones can go Fu<k himself.

Well your country just elected a racist and a bigot. That tells a lot about you.

And Pakistan elected a Terrorist as PM. Get over yourself.

Nothing surprising here, racist incidents like this have been happening long before the coming of the trump era.

Sounds like your average American cop lol. Not everything white people do is racist. :lol:

Trump took advantage of the strong undercurrents of a massive class divide which most media houses refuse to acknowledge.

One one side we have likes of Investment bankers who graduated from country clubs to strip clubs in last decades while on the other we have regular drivers, gardeners, electricians, repairmen and couriers and deliverymen etc whose salary have stagnated or worse became jobless.

Trump although had atrocious plans but at least acknowledged their presence while Hillary came of as an elite in cahoots with the big institutions (read tape scandal) .

You are right. It was particularly felt more in the manufacturing sector where the job loss was high because of the sudden growth in the Chinese economy. They climbed all the way from $2T to $11T in a decade, so within the time frame when Obama was in power. And Obama did nothing to stop that. It was obvious that Trump would get blue collar support.

And Hillary was corrupt and she made little effort to hide that.

People like Trump are actually opposed to heterogeneous societies. His entire campaign was anti-heterogeneous.

Yes. That's why I said the society has to become heterogeneous if the Democrats want to stay in power.

Sounds like your average American cop lol. Not everything white people do is racist. :lol:

I've seen cops in India behave the same way. This incident is being used to score political points against Trump. Not like there were no racist attacks during Obama's Administration, but now every incident, microaggresion, is not perceived to because Trump was elected. I'm sorry buy 50% electorate who voted for Trump are not all racists.

It's funny for all the talk of diversity liberals want they continue to reside in liberal environments of NYC or California(West Coast). The electoral college was meant for small less populated States to have a voice in front of populated ones like New York, Florida, California, and Texas.

There's equal chance for both parties to win each State. The first reporting of Texas had Hillary winning the State, she only lost by less than a million votes! And this is a die hard Republican State. Even President Reagan converted, just look at the maps! To Republican, then again his competition was then-President Carter and some guy named Mondale(who carried his own state by 0.18%):

349px-ElectoralCollege1980.svg.png
1980 Election Map.

349px-ElectoralCollege1984.svg.png
1984 Election Map.

Find the differences:
349px-ElectoralCollege2000.svg.png
349px-ElectoralCollege2004.svg.png

This is Trump's Texas Win:View attachment 351870

Pretty soon Texas will be turning blue. But it all comes down to bringing out the vote. Less people voted in this election than the previous ones. But the Republican base was solid in turnout. Democrats weren't.

This wasn't a "Whitelash". And Van Jones can go Fu<k himself.

Yes, this election did not have race as an agenda, it was 'change' and jobs. Trump offered a change from the status quo, Hillary didn't. The people who voted Trump to power were the same people who voted Obama to power.

Anyway, I don't think Texas or any other Republican states will start turning blue anytime soon. In case the Republicans start losing out on their narrative, they will change their opinions with time. They will become more Democrat like in order to attract votes.

US is not our Country, whatever they do with Muslims , black , Latino and minorities is none of our Business ...

Original story link

"... driver told him later that the officer also said, “I will take your head off.”...driver, who works for a company used by CNN on contract, passed a line of buses on New York Avenue near the I-395 interchange. Gregory said the driver thought the buses were parked, but they were waiting for a light. Gregory said the D.C. officer driving a small SUV pulled over his driver for crossing the double-yellow line - "

Well, duh! Driving the wrong way down the street you could take someone's head off! The officer was nice to let him off with a tongue-lashing rather than write a ticket.

@maximuswarrior

Bro scum will defend scums. Any man or woman who still consciously supports Trump after what he said about women is a scum. I don't use language like this but Trump is the rallying point for the lowest scum in the world over. In any civilized society he would be in jail for sexual harassment and rape. Only in the great US of A would a self boasting rapist be elected President.

This incident isn't the only one, I have seen various videos on Utube and reported in News already of Trump supporters showing just how great their morals are. Expect to see more of this.

@maximuswarrior

Bro scum will defend scums. Any man or woman who still consciously supports Trump after what he said about women is a scum. I don't use language like this but Trump is the rallying point for the lowest scum in the world over. In any civilized society he would be in jail for sexual harassment and rape. Only in the great US of A would a self boasting rapist be elected President.

This incident isn't the only one, I have seen various videos on Utube and reported in News already of Trump supporters showing just how great their morals are. Expect to see more of this.

How unfortunate for the decent American folks.

@maximuswarrior

Right.

American society is very different from ours. Women, over there, have no qualms with having sex outside wedlock and/or drinking vine and/or partake in activities that we deem as immoral. They are used-to the shit like that. However, they are also empowered on various levels.

We should focus on the sorry state-of-affairs in our country that is supposedly Islamic but there is nothing Islamic in it on grass-roots levels.

Nobody is picture-perfect in this world. I am sure that you have your share of embarrassing sayings; you don't have any higher-moral ground in this.

By the way, Trump apologized for his remarks and is also refusing to accept the salary of the President. He is a man of principles. Only Liaquat Ali Khan refused salary of the Prime Minister in the history of Pakistan.

Last edited:
They're just racist and honestly it's about time people stand their ground instead of pitying themselves.

Start educating themselves to laws, rights and protect their rights. Stand their ground.

Stop living in fear. Stop justifying your faith, nationality, colour, disability and gender.

I've seen cops in India behave the same way. This incident is being used to score political points against Trump. Not like there were no racist attacks during Obama's Administration, but now every incident, microaggresion, is not perceived to because Trump was elected. I'm sorry buy 50% electorate who voted for Trump are not all racists.

The story would have been very different if it was a Pakistani cop. Would have been locked for the night and given ''special treatment''.

The story would have been very different if it was a Pakistani cop. Would have been locked for the night and given ''special treatment''.
The alternative to yelling at the driver - and that's all the officer did, no foul or insulting language was used - would have been to write a citation. A professional driver who receives too many such citations will surely be fired by his employer. (I imagine that's what the offer meant by, "take everything from you.") And such a driver should have known better than to cross the double-yellow line - that intersection is well-known and you have to be on your toes there. So imo this incident has been hypped up out of recognition that the policeman acted appropriately and even with kindness here.

Back
Top Bottom