Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
‘I will take everything from you’, US policeman tells Pakistani driver
By News Desk
Published: November 14, 2016
13SHARES
SHARE TWEET EMAIL
A Washington DC police officer made threatening remarks at a Pakistan-born driver during a traffic stop in the American capital on Friday, The Washington Post reported on Saturday.

David Gregory, a prominent journalist and political commentator on CNN, told authorities that he heard the officer tell his driver, “I will take everything away from you.” The veteran reporter said his driver told him later that the officer also said, “I will take your head off.”

Presidential elections: Protests swell as Trump tones down fiery rhetoric

Gregory published the comments on his Twitter and said he later received calls from the mayor’s office and a top police official. “They were very concerned and wanted to express their regrets to the driver,” the Post quoted Gregory as saying.
[
David Gregory

✔@davidgregory

Adding, "I will take your head off." @MayorBowser

7:39 PM - 11 Nov 2016

David Gregory

✔@davidgregory

Driver broke traffic laws, but he didn't give a ticket. Yelled at him, saying "I will take everything away from you" if he did it again /2

7:38 PM - 11 Nov 2016

muriel-e-bowser14112016-1479070326.jpg

The office of Mayor Muriel E Bowser responded in a statement saying, “The incident described on social media does not illustrate who we are as a city or how we carry ourselves when serving residents and members of the public.” The police and Bowser’s aides “have already made contact to understand what transpired and will review the matter,” the statement added. Police said they have spoken to the driver.

The incident occurred about 8am after Gregory had finished CNN’s morning show ‘New Day’ and was returning home.

He said he was in the back of a sedan when his driver passed a line of buses. Gregory said the driver thought the buses were parked, but they were waiting for a light. He said the DC officer pulled over his driver for crossing the double-yellow line but did not issue a citation.

Anti-Trump protests continue with sporadic violence

Gregory said he didn’t know whether the alleged comments were directed at his driver’s ethnicity or were made out of anger for the traffic violation.

Published in The Express Tribune, November 14th, 2016.

Social media looking for every little incident to incite Anti-Trump feelings. It won't work.

It is already working I'm afraid. These incidents are the new norm and cannot be concealed. Every single day we hear such stories appearing in the media. The racists are up in arms letting themselves heard.

Sure they are just lying. It never happened. We believe you.

This is the new America under Trump and we accept it.

Normally I would have given a pep talk to such kind of posts. But seeing that you are neither a US citizen and nor anything to do with America, I would just let you bounce along !

It is already working I'm afraid. These incidents are the new norm and cannot be hidden. The racists are up in arms letting themselves heard.
It is all projection! A few thousand protesters on the streets changes nothing. Pro-Democrats media circles just want to keep the pot boiling. However, it won't work. A large number of Americans dislike Hillary Clinton and many are even upset with Bernie Sanders. Take at look at comments on news articles, if you don't believe me.

US is far bigger than you imagine.

That police man knew that US is taking all assets from Pakistan. So he told the dialog. Naturally he is right.

It is all projection! A few thousand protesters on the streets changes nothing. Pro-Democrats media circles just want to keep the pot boiling. However, it won't work. A large number of Americans dislike Hillary Clinton and many are even upset with Bernie Sanders.

I'm not saying that all Americans are like this. There are very good and decent Americans that are indeed a role model for the rest of us. Although there is a very significant portion that is racist. Trump could not have won without their support. No doubt about it.

Like I said. We accept this new America. I'm not complaining. It is the new reality and pretending otherwise is just running away from the truth. I hope the Americans are happy in their new America.

I'm not saying that all Americans are like this. I'm saying there is very significant portion that is racist. Trump could not have won without their support. No doubt about it.
Well, I am not in the position to comment on that.

However, Trump's victory is much deeper than that. There is a divide between the sentiment and expectations of suburban and urban masses in the US. This divide is largely about job opportunities and fairness.

I mean, how can you expect to lead the US without taking issues of suburban masses into the mind?

Well, I am not in the position to comment on that.

However, Trump's victory is much deeper than that. There is a divide between the sentiment of suburban and urban masses in the US. This divide is largely about job opportunities and fairness to their needs.

I mean, how can you expect to lead the US without taking issues of suburban masses into the mind?

You are right. I hope Trump can deliver on his promises and make the Americans happy and great all over again. We all know how this is going to end up though. Let's not kid ourselves. This has a bad ending.

It is all projection! A few thousand protesters on the streets changes nothing. Pro-Democrats media circles just want to keep the pot boiling. However, it won't work. A large number of Americans dislike Hillary Clinton and many are even upset with Bernie Sanders. Take at look at comments on news articles, if you don't believe me.

He is a typical man-child who thinks he know 'enough' about the US to talk about US. I would not be surprise if he never set foot outside whatever pissant town/city he lives in.

He is a typical man-child who thinks he know 'enough' about the US to talk about US. I would not be surprise if he never set foot outside whatever pissant town/city he lives in.

Says the arrogant piece of crap who calls others pissant. You are not a military professional at all. You are a nasty being that only knows how to scold and belittle others. Tells us about your upbringing. That is what you really are. Be happy now. Your country will serve as the greatest role model for the rest of the world under Trump. Congrats!

Back
Top Bottom