What's new

I want to make history: Gilani

Earlier during PM surprise arrival at the PIMS, the Prime Minister visited various wards including emergency ward and the Intensive Care Unit (ICU).

On seeing patients standing in long queues at the Out Patient Departments (OPD), the Prime Minister enquired them of their problems. The patients told the Prime Minister that they faced unavailability of medicine and prolonged time for check up.

Gilani directed the hospital staff to ensure availability of medicine and avoid unnecessary delays in seeing the patients.

He said the health sector was his government’s top priority and the visit to hospital was in the same spirit as he personally wanted to know about the problems of the patients.

The Prime Minister expressed dissatisfaction over the standard of cleanliness in the wards and asked PIMS Executive Director Dr Mumtaz to ensure it up to the mark, besides the provision to medicine to the patients.

He visited a girl Sumbal Javed, half paralyzed and suffering from brain tumor and announced Rs 3 lac for her treatment.

Gilani also enquired the health of Mistauddin from Swat, suffering from arthritis who complained about facing long delay for check up. The Prime Minister directed the staff to ensure his check up within the time he completed his round at the PIMS.

He also visited MNA Mohsin Qureshi, undergoing treatment for brain haemmorage and Syed Abid Hussain Shah, father of secretary to Punjab Chief Minister admitted at the same hospital.

Later, Gilani drove his black official Mercedez car back to the Prime Minister House.

Steps underway to overcome power crisis: PM - GEO.tv

^^ Irshad A. Haqqani is father of Hussain Haqqani so you can imagine where his loyalties lie.

Mr. Haqqani senior is a living example of peeli sahafat

I can agree on second point (yellow journalism) BUT he is NOT father of Hussain Haqqani.

^^ Irshad A. Haqqani is father of Hussain Haqqani so you can imagine where his loyalties lie.

Mr. Haqqani senior is a living example of peeli sahafat
Please qualify your 'zard sahafat' allegations on Mr. I.A. Haqqani with examples. I am reading his columns since my early teens and have never found him of this type. In fact, I have disliked him a bit only because he has been a supporter if PPP (which I think is more a security risk than PML). Again, I would like to see examples which qualify him for what you are blaming him for.

Second, as far as my knowledge goes, he has a son who resides in UK. He is not the father of Hussein Haqqani (present ambassador to USA). Again if he was, what this had to do with his loyalties?

By the way, would you recommend me the names of the columnists whom you think are not the representatives of the 'zard sahafat' and what exactly you mean by 'zard sahafat'. Do you use the word 'zard sahafat' where complaints are made against the military dictatorships and in the favor of democracy and freedom of judiciary?

Lastly, if this column was not written by Haqqani sahib, would you still not agree with the contents? Do you think that PM Gilani or the current breed of politicians can really make a history with their present actions?

If the PM does indeed move on the cabinet reshuffle based on merit, won't it be nice to see Rehman (Dakait) Malik booted from the interior minister post for his shameless advice and handling of the long march and the dismissal of the Punjab government.

In addition, it would be nice to see Sherry Rehman return to the information minister slot.

One can dream ....

Well seeing is believing. Lets see if Gillani sb can really turn words into actions or perhaps they get lost like many other within the doors of the presidency.

But i must commend Gillani on keeping a leash on his sons, i remember before he became PM his sons were just running around picking fights with random people. Ever since he became PM, his sons just took a 180 degree turn.

PM gilani wants to make history in saying yes sir yes sir to Mr. 10% umpteenth time so that his name could be recorded in Guiness book of world records.

Basically Gilani is receiving heat from world financial institutions to cut down royal expenses or.....

Gilani is 1000 times better than Zardari

Less power to Zardari means More prosperity to the nation

I think he is playing very cool. Putting a steady political pressure on Zardari from the day the judges have been restored. And now when every one is praising him for successful negotiations with Indian premier, his confidence looks boosted up. He is actually playing for his own political future, I suppose.

If we consider PPP as a political asset, his intentions for 'making history' become more clear.

Deleted - wrong thread - sO sary

Last edited:
i think gilani is trying to make a difference. lets all hope for the sake of pakistan that he is learning and will eventually take paksitan to the right path of development and progress.

Back
Top Bottom