What's new

I want to buy or atleast operate a rifle (sniper or equivalent)

S.U.R.B.

PDF THINK TANK: ANALYST
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Hi guys!! it may seems funny for some of you but i really want to have a good rifle with me......Problem is The law in Pakistan doesn't give permission to civilians to have one.
Some body please tell me how can i achieve this.:undecided:
Can't join army because committed to my job in Medical field.Had i been a medical student in AMC i might have got the chance......alas!!
No one helping me out.
Wanna learn how to shoot with a :sniper:
And yeah anybody what's the way to get a licence to operate a rifle can we get it in Pakistan or it's just for small firearms.
:hitwall:

Hi guys!! it may seems funny for some of you but i really want to have a good rifle with me......Problem is The law in Pakistan doesn't give permission to civilians to have one.
Some body please tell me how can i achieve this.:undecided:
Can't join army because committed to my job in Medical field.Had i been a medical student in AMC i might have got the chance......alas!!
No one helping me out.
Wanna learn how to shoot with a :sniper:
And yeah anybody what's the way to get a licence to operate a rifle can we get it in Pakistan or it's just for small firearms.
:hitwall:
do you want to take out a target from a distance.:lol: Licence are for self defence and i've seem people with AK's so i think the most you'll get is AK.

Well i have the liking for it since my childhood..........first i thought of joining forces but was performing good in premedical during intermediate..........the craze isn't gone.I'm pretty much a different guy in my class..........my friends some times call me a spy or soldier with out a gun. Well i want to have one.I know it's not the gun but the man behind the gun,I think i can handle it very well.:cool:
AK is not my choice..........i usually go for the best .Thanx

Last edited:
You can atleast "pura" your shok virtually. This will teach you what is involved in precision shooting with a scope, how everything works, the calculations based on wind, temperature, calculate the size of the objects( target far away, calculating the distance etc).
I heard of this swat team member who used to hone his skills using the simulator program.

Last edited:
In islamabad u need to visit the mobilink gun club in sports complex isb

In Karachi, PNS Karsaz has a world class indoor shooting range. It is used for national championships. Enthusiasts can visit that too.

There are 7 firearms all licensed they are as follows:
Double barrel Astra spanish from the 1950's
7mm bolt action Churchill from the 1950's purchase for crocodile hunting
CZ83 7,65 mm Browning
Winchester defender wood finish full stock circa 1983
Jager with folding stock 7.65mm AP-75 Adler italy (company has closed down)
Jager AP-74 Semi auto .22 M16 ar 15 lookalike this and the abovementioned gun was purchased in early 1990's
Peshawar made sawed off double barrel:p

Go to a reputable arms dealer and ask them the procedure. They'll be able to tell you the current situation as it changes from month to month. Calling in favors is always the easiest way Btw the better license to get is an All Pakistan one (green like a passport, or like an id card) made from Islamabad.:sniper:

The prices of pistols in Pakistan are NOT AT ALL representative of the prices prevailing in the international market e.g. a PT111 can be had for $300 in the US whereas here it sells for almost 2.5 times that. The reason for this are duties, complexities for firearm import including costs (just to give you an example, it takes most dealers almost a year's work to get in a new consignment of weapons into Pakistan) and the local preferences also lead to tremendous variations in price (For example, the beretta 92 FS and the Beretta Cougar have more or less the same retail price in the US, depending on where you buy from but here in Pakistan, one is for around 300K and the other for around 65K.....go figure):sniper:

The ALL PAKISTAN licence issued by the Ministry of Interior DOES NOT allow you to carry the gun in a concealed manner on your person. It does allow you to keep your gun at your premises anywhere in Pakistan. You can transport it to the range or another residence in your car as long as its not on your person. To actually carry a gun on your person e.g. in a holster, you need a concealed carry permit which is issued seperately by each Province and the Federal territory. This is a finer point of law and by the way, to put your mind at ease, hardly ANY police official is aware of this and as a result this is almost never enforced.:sniper::taz:

I thank you all for guiding me .......It helped me a lot.:thank_you2:

The whole reason they have a law against citizens having sniper rifles and other sorts of weapons is so the country doesn't have 500000000000000 people running around with guns.

You don't need one. We would all love to shoot a sniper but that won't happen. too many lunatics.

Well then i might go to the gun club in my city and have a try,why carry a rifle on my shoulder and roam around.:cheesy:
I was just asking concerned people to give me guidance.
Don't know from where you got the impression that i am running around with a gun in my hand.:undecided:

You can join a shooting club and that way, you can easily get a licence.
Then onwards you can buy a rifle, but definitely not a sniper.

Light arms are legal I think.

You can join a shooting club and that way, you can easily get a licence.
Then onwards you can buy a rifle, but definitely not a sniper.

Light arms are legal I think.

Sardar jee in my area we have AK-47 all versions including the new ones :D baki legal shegal nu chado sanu kee

Sardar jee in my area we have AK-47 all versions including the new ones :D baki legal shegal nu chado sanu kee

tusi rehne kithe o? saanu vi taan dasso. asi aivi hi pistol laike baithe aa... :lol:

tuwade pistol wich golian mukk gaan te sahno dusyo sardar gee.

Will try sniper in sports complex?
everybody thanx for posting.:pakistan:

Buying Sniper ?????? you cant keep one yara

Well i can try it(if not buy myself) and get the training.How to aim ,keeping different paramters in mind and shoot:sniper:

Back
Top Bottom