What's new

I need your advice

Falcon29

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Palestinian Territory, Occupied
I'm a young college student, still early on. However, I'm not sure what I want to get into to. I have no passion for medicine, science or mathematics. Politics for me is a hobby/need, I don't want a political career. Nor anything related to military. I want to be able to make a good living.

I'm not a person who explores all areas of life. So I have trouble guiding myself. The family expects me to get into medicine although I despise it.

I have a passion for the automotive industry. I don't want to do engineering though. I believe I would enjoy some sort of strategy based role or management role in the automotive industry. I like to read about information a lot and make something out of it. As of now though I'm all over the place. So I need to make a decision to keep me focused on one topic.

Does anybody here know what degrees would suit me? If you need more information about me please ask more questions so I can evaluate what's right for me. Because this is stressing me out lately.

I know this may not be the right place, but, please experienced people leave me some useful advice.

Hi,

Do something that pays good & has job security---screw what you like---that never pays the bills.

I agree with this. One thing though, I don't want to do something I don't like. Things I don't like aren't that easy for me, I have trouble comprehending some of those subjects.

Brother, go for engineering...i will suggest you software engineering.

Some people say this is a bad industry but I have to say it pays the bills and the pay is pretty good. Plus there are lots of jobs as this field is pretty wide. Name a field with the same number of jobs which pays as well.

brother.software engineering is involved in all the fields of science and technology.it attracts me because it gives opportunity to work independently as well.

I'm a young college student, still early on. However, I'm not sure what I want to get into to. I have no passion for medicine, science or mathematics. Politics for me is a hobby/need, I don't want a political career. Nor anything related to military. I want to be able to make a good living.

I'm not a person who explores all areas of life. So I have trouble guiding myself. The family expects me to get into medicine although I despise it.

I have a passion for the automotive industry. I don't want to do engineering though. I believe I would enjoy some sort of strategy based role or management role in the automotive industry. I like to read about information a lot and make something out of it. As of now though I'm all over the place. So I need to make a decision to keep me focused on one topic.

Does anybody here know what degrees would suit me? If you need more information about me please ask more questions so I can evaluate what's right for me. Because this is stressing me out lately.

I know this may not be the right place, but, please experienced people leave me some useful advice.

Hi @Hazzy997 ,

I can empathize with you since I , too, come from a family that is conservative and expresses its view to me as if it should be followed to the word. Both my parents are physicians in Japan, and as the eldest of 4 children , I was expected to follow in their footsteps. I was pre-med when i was in college , took all the requirements for entrance into medical schools in Japan. I minored in Psychology (industrial). After i graduate , i joined the armed forces to explore the world , of course to the objection of my parents.

It was when i served in the JMSDF that i realized the importance of organizational effectiveness, and the career opportunities in this field. I took graduate studies in the US, and now am finishing my Ph.D in Industrial / Organizational Psychology. I love my field, knowing what i have contributed to my line of work/ study, and the opportunities that is before me when i finish my Ph.D. I encourage you to find your true calling, an inward analysis so to say. Decide in what you want to do , not what anyone else wants you to do, because in the end, brother, you will have to live with your decision.

If you consider medicine, that, too, has a lot of opportunities, but so does engineering. In fact, biomedical engineers can make 6 figures , let alone if you finish your Ph.D in it. There is also a lot of options in mechanical engineering, computer engineering, chemical engineering, as well as civil engineering.

Best wishes on your decision. And remember...ask for the Blessings of the Almighty to guide your decision.

Good Luck!!

See you around.

PS. It helps to build a 5 year plan. :)

Firstly, it is important to know that you're not the only one in your age group stressing over your future. When I was a young college student about 6-7 years ago I used to be extremely stressed about my future as well. I'm 26 now and absolutely crystal clear on what I want from this life. This clarity of thought has obviously come with time. As for what course you must do this is for you to decide eventually. I'm sure others on this forum will be of some help.

agree and also its white color job, don't need to work on production floor or construction sites.

It's also good to look at leadership opportunities , possibilities. Pay can only fulfill so much , but leadership opportunities play a role in job satisfaction.

Assalamu alaikum dear brother,

The best career that would suit you [ considering your hobbies and participation on the forum ] is a career in business. You can then go on to the floor of a factory and perform admirably.

Business is a good start my friend, just like Multani said before....

We are social politics interest people here :lol:

My suggestion is that start your own business now, even though you haven't finished university yet

Service business is a good idea, since it can be started from zero capital since you can just use your skills and time for doing it

The adrenalin of marketing something to other people are suit to aggressive people like you..... :D

This is the area of developing our mentality and social skills in much better progress ......

You have intellectuality already bro..

Marketing job is also huge......

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom