What's new

Need your precious advice

Yara, I've been out of the education scene for a long long time now, therefore unable to give any helpful advise...... I wish I could!
Just say chachu is too old to advice :rofl:

I did give a mock test of it at a tuition center where a friend was taking IELT's classes; I got an 8 in Writing, a 7.5 in Listening & a 7 in Speaking ! :(

Spoken English fluency behtar karniii ho giii ! :cray:
I agree :agree: kisnay tujay 7 diya?

I'm thinking of attempting the IELTS exam as well but I haven't really made up my mind as of yet ! :unsure:

Dont you already have a British qualification? Well if you have an O Level or A level ...as for you have a British qualification you can just write to the uni you are applying to, send your certs and you are exempted...I did that... :angel:

@faisal6309

Bro go to your nearest book sore and ask for Cambridge IELTS book.

they look like these.
images

Find some comprehension part on internet and practice it.

CD are in this book , which will allow you to prepare for Listening part (Fairly easy- if you watch hollywood movies and news)

Speaking will be after the test or before , you will wait in line in some 3star or 5star hotel and will be called in to speak in a room ONE on ONE . she/he will give you a list of question and 2 mins to prepare with a pencil and a paper. Apart from that he/she will ask you random question too. Don't make stories , if you are not fluent in English. I know a lot of guys are good in written and bad in speaking. It is up to you , you can go on bull shit around and be kool or you speak fairly true and precise.

Writing part is easy , Like writing an easy on some random topic and as you are on PDF , i guess you have fair knowledge to bullshit and get good grades. Apart from that you will have one writing in limited words on a given DATA.

You need minimum 6 in all to get in any university . some EU universities even take 5.5

All in all its pretty easy and will not take so much of effort to get 6 to 7 band .

any question you tag me . I am career counselor in my part time :lol::lol::lol:

Last edited:
Dont you already have a British qualification? Well if you have an O Level or A level ...as for you have a British qualification you can just write to the uni you are applying to, send your certs and you are exempted...I did that... :angel:

They don't do that anymore; even with an O & an A Levels you're still required to furnish an IELTs or TOEFEL score to get a VISA ! :(

I had in my mind to take IELTS exams. For that I did some research on IELTS website. I though I should ask someone else too before starting to prepare for IELTS.

Can you give me advice in this regard??

I did mine 4 months ago with an band score of 8.0 (academic level)

What exactly do you want to know ? There is quite a lot to tell :)

Anything which can help..

Download books from Torrent. Read stuff online. Listening gets bit harder at the end , by harder i mean will speak faster and you may loose track . You have to fill in the gaps by listening the exact word . You will do just fine , just read more comprehension passages. Write an essay everyday speak with a friend on random topics for 10 to 20 mins.

Anything which can help..

Okay, as mentioned before, get yourself the official Cambridge IELTS book... should be the latest variant if possible.

And then, practice practice and practice! Might be not the piece of advice you looked for, but there is absolutely no way around it ;)
The basic structure of all exams is the same, of course, questions are different. The exercises in the book are perfect for your prep, everything you need is in there. If you can get a tutor who can look over your essays, its even better.

A partner for speaking is a must though...

They don't do that anymore; even with an O & an A Levels you're still required to furnish an IELTs or TOEFEL score to get a VISA ! :(
Hmmm....All I did was write to the uni, show them my O level Eng, got a letter from my uni that my undergrads was all in English and the uni I was applying to sent the approval...they have to register you with some code (or did the rules change Again) ?

Back
Top Bottom