What's new

I have less faith on my army that you have on yours, Sharif told Manmohan Singh in New York

Whatever one may say of the disastrous policies of the higher ups and the generals, Honorable PM. Sharif needs to understand that the army also comprises of the common soldiers who have laid down their lives for his nation. While criticizing doctrine or the proclivity of the generals to overthrow elected governments he should also keep the aforementioned in mind. Don't throw the baby out with the bathwater.

More importantly, if he truly did have the gumption to take the deep state head on, he'd start with talking about Zia rather than maligning each and every fellow in uniform. But then Zia was apparently his patron saint in the early days so that might not be forthcoming.
daru peeke aya hai kya? kya bakta hai.. :bad:

daru peeke aya hai kya? kya bakta hai.. :bad:

Simple truth. Even the blame, rightly deserved, that we accord to the Pakistani army and institutions has little to do with the general soldier on the ground who follows orders. Similarly the malformed and disastrous policies of these institutions which have harmed Pakistan has little to do with the jawaans.

For PM Sahrif it is in fact safer to make such a blanket statement as opposed to naming names, and singling out the high ranked culprits- current or ex. THAT IS likely to get the 111th rolling. Lets take an example, Musharraf is the guy who gave out bases within the territory of Pakistan, if that rubs the public the wrong way, you can blame him but you can't go about verbally flaying every single soldier of the army.

Giving you options to scrap democracy! Not hard to understand. Go back to your Islamic roots
Dude you are Indian,so am not replying the way i can,dont you see the sarcism in the post,i was telling pakistanis if they hate the political system so much,why dont they just opt for military rule.
And plz dont bring religion into it.i get hurt.

Dude you are Indian,so am not replying the way i can,dont you see the sarcism in the post,i was telling pakistanis if they hate the political system so much,why dont they just opt for military rule.
And plz dont bring religion into it.i get hurt.

Sorry pal I stand corrected. I mean it genuinely

Please understand it's a psychological problem of Nawaz especially after he was kicked out by the army and sent packing to Saudi Arabia. He has now developed this morbid fear of another similar coup and therefore cannot trust the army. It's natural.

So give the guy a break! He's human after all! :P

Because these jabroni spineless politicians are complete failures that's why they are against Pak Army. They are only concerned on how to do massive corruption & no one should bother them when they (politicians) do it.

our army has nothing todo with indian army?
our PM, was kicked out 2 times before doing same mistakes , count it 3rd time ?
Suit yourself.
If you prefer military rule over democracy then so be it.
Much of Pakistan’s history has been marred with dictatorship. From self-proclaimed Field Marshall General Ayub Khan to the so called Chief Executive Gen Mushi ,the total span of military rule is more than 32 years.
And there have been so many unsuccessful coup attempts in Pakistani history from Maj.Gen Akbar Khan in 1949 against Liaquat Khan to Maj.gen Zairul Abbasi against Benazir Bhutto.
Alternating periods of civilian and military rule have not helped to establish stability....IMO
Pak came under military rule again in 1999 after the ousting of a civilian government that had lost a great deal of public support.The coup leader then, General Mushi pledged to revive Pak's fortunes... but faced economic challenges as well as an increasing polarisation between Islamist militancy and the modernising secular wing of Pakistani politics.
And wasnt it under growing pressure to reintroduce democratic rule that Mr Mushi relinquished his army post in November 2007??
If his regime was so successful then in parliamentary elections of 2008 his supporters would 've won,instead his supporters were defeated by none other than opposition Pakistan People's Party and Ex PM Nawaz Sharif's Muslim League....back to square one.
Tell me about it @batmannow :coffee:

Suit yourself.
If you prefer military rule over democracy then so be it.
Much of Pakistan’s history has been marred with dictatorship. From self-proclaimed Field Marshall General Ayub Khan to the so called Chief Executive Gen Mushi ,the total span of military rule is more than 32 years.
And there have been so many unsuccessful coup attempts in Pakistani history from Maj.Gen Akbar Khan in 1949 against Liaquat Khan to Maj.gen Zairul Abbasi against Benazir Bhutto.
Alternating periods of civilian and military rule have not helped to establish stability....IMO
Pak came under military rule again in 1999 after the ousting of a civilian government that had lost a great deal of public support.The coup leader then, General Mushi pledged to revive Pak's fortunes... but faced economic challenges as well as an increasing polarisation between Islamist militancy and the modernising secular wing of Pakistani politics.
And wasnt it under growing pressure to reintroduce democratic rule that Mr Mushi relinquished his army post in November 2007??
If his regime was so successful then in parliamentary elections of 2008 his supporters would 've won,instead his supporters were defeated by none other than opposition Pakistan People's Party and Ex PM Nawaz Sharif's Muslim League....back to square one.
Tell me about it @batmannow :coffee:
is musharaf rule & pakistan, s political history is our topic, here?
sorry, the one thing you indians allways forget, is BHUTTO was a green eye boy of FM ayub shb, & NAWAZ was a shoe shinner of genrl jilani & genrl zia ul haq shaheed?
plz launch a different thread, so we can hve a royal rumble there?

is musharaf rule & pakistan, s political history is our topic, here?
sorry, the one thing you indians allways forget, is BHUTTO was a green eye boy of FM ayub shb, & NAWAZ was a shoe shinner of genrl jilani & genrl zia ul haq shaheed?
plz launch a different thread, so we can hve a royal rumble there?
Well was it not you who said Pak has done far better under a military rule???
So my previous post was just a reminder of how it really was for Pakistan under 32years of military rule.Your ppl voted for the same government which was ousted by Mushi and his armyb and that speaks volumes about military rule in Pak.

is BHUTTO was a green eye boy of FM ayub shb, & NAWAZ was a shoe shinner of genrl jilani & genrl zia ul haq shaheed?

Would you mind giving english tuition ? Would appreciate if you can spare some time.

Well was it not you who said Pak has done far better under a military rule???
So my previous post was just a reminder of how it really was for Pakistan under 32years of military rule.Your ppl voted for the same government which was ousted by Mushi and his armyb and that speaks volumes about military rule in Pak.
stay on the topic!
my answer was in the context, of nawaz sharif,s political birth by the hands of our great militry establisment?
which he have forgoten , the time when he was issuing this foolish statment?

Would you mind giving english tuition ? Would appreciate if you can spare some time.
sorry , i am × soilder, thats what i like to do?
have good number of indian eye balls targets durring kargill ops , if you wana learn that though?

stay on the topic!
my answer was in the context, of nawaz sharif,s political birth by the hands of our great militry establisment?
Excusez moi!!
I was still on topic when I was discussing Pak politics and military rule wrt Nawaz Sharif and his return to power.And ofcourse that proves my point why he holds such a view about PA.

stay on the topic!

sorry , i am × soilder, thats what i like to do?
have good number of indian eye balls targets durring kargill ops , if you wana learn that though?

Really ? tell me how fast you ran from top of kargil hills when you were bombarded by IAF and how you managed to run away ?

Nawaz has absolutely no faith on PA,,,its pretty understandable,,,,,
why he admitted it infront of MMS,,,well wo toh apna aadmi hai:p:

Back
Top Bottom