What's new

I have faith that Lord Rama exists: Solicitor General Mohan Parasaran

Status
Not open for further replies.
It should be built, why not read the original rendering of the Ramayan. The Valmiki one, Ram himself rendered the land bridge un-usable. Development first, unless someone has a hankering for kicking us baniyas in the stomach and letting business and trade fall in the hands of someone else.

Technically speaking, it's already there. All we need to do is to preserve it.

@Nair saab Yaar ek baat batao. I am asking genuinely, the project will not harm Lord Rama's status, his land bridge was never meant to be used by any other mortal either. Phir itna vidhroh kyun, should we let certain foreigners grab all the sea trade their and jeopardize our security there in the absence of this project?

Last edited by a moderator:
Faith and History cant be sold for the sake of Development ...

apart from that it can earn more money if we use it for Tourism ... Destroying a history is easy ...

Centuries from now if somebody laughs at Hindu Belief and Hindu Epic we Indian wont have Rama Setu to point finger and back our Claim ...

hbs4.jpg

RamSetu_421827_327396997303444_100000994400441_936  462_2003784462_n.jpg

Floating Stone from Ram Sethu

stone+2.jpg

Jai Sree RAM !!!

@Nair saab Yaar ek baat batao. I am asking genuinely, the project will not harm Lord Rama's status, his land bridge was never meant to be used by any other mortal either. Phir itna vidhroh kyun, should we let certain foreigners grab all the sea trade their and jeopardize our security there in the absence of this project?

If Tomorrow Pakistan Becomes the Biggest exporter of Beef ... to capture their market should we start Butchering COW as well and start exporting meat ...

If Tomorrow Pakistan Becomes the Biggest exporter of Beef ... to capture their market should we start Butchering COW as well and start exporting meat ...

Oh mere yaara, nahi. The point is that the land bridge is not our creation, it wasn't meant to be used or preserved- it was Ram's task and his alone. Those who insult his katha will do so anyway, those who believe don't do so because of the land bridge. His land should be glorious, that is the example he left, his people should be prosperous- his dharma should be followed. Tomorrow when the Chinese corner all the trade there what will you say?

Why shouldn't we export beef ? Where is the restriction on consuming or exporting beef in Hinduism. And why do you persist in protesting against the economic expansion of an area simply because this will affect a bridge built on the orders of Lord Rama? Will destruction or damage to the bridge result in destruction or damage to the legacy of and the faith in Lord Rama by his devotees ? Just calling out the name of the Supreme Lord is adequate comfort to His devotees. Bridges and Mandhirs etc are immaterial

who the f are you to tell me where to go? This is PDF and not your baniya DF.

Back on topic, this monkey made bridge should be perserved.

Do you even realise you are insulting srilankans , who are our brothers.

1) Old gives way to the new. However, the dredging will shorten the travel time from west to east coast by only 30 hours. So, is it an urgent project when a direct land transportation is also an alternative?

2) The entire shallow sea is composed of limestone rocks. The project will certainly cause pollution in the sea. The old Setusamundram, notwithstanding its relevance to the Hindu mythology, is a part of nature. It is better to avoid tampering with mother nature.

3) I have an alternative proposal. The relationship between India and SL will improve, and trade will flourish between them sometime in the future. So, wait for that day and build an expressway to link with SL, instead of cutting through the Setusamundram?

I feel the GoI is self-centered and is not taking into consideration of the sentiment of the people of SL. Some Indians, as usual, are making a wrong allegation that SL is protesting because a deep sea will take away businesses away from SL. But, the reality is, dredging will certainly cause pollution.

Why shouldn't we export beef ? Where is the restriction on consuming or exporting beef in Hinduism. And why do you persist in protesting against the economic expansion of an area simply because this will affect a bridge built on the orders of Lord Rama? Will destruction or damage to the bridge result in destruction or damage to the legacy of and the faith in Lord Rama by his devotees ? Just calling out the name of the Supreme Lord is adequate comfort to His devotees. Bridges and Mandhirs etc are immaterial

I dont wanna Argue about my Belief to a Non-Hindu ... who doesnt understand Indian Culture ... so Please refrain ...

COW is a Mother ... those Hindu who consider killing it ... deserves the same treatment ...

Jayalalitha is a religious freak and till she's in power, will never let it happen. Sethu project will benefit millions of people along the coast and benifit Indian economy by shortening the route and reducing costs. Majority of Tamils do not care about the mythical bridge. Only a very tiny but vocal right wing minority is opposed to it.

I dont wanna Argue about my Belief to a Non-Hindu ... who doesnt understand Indian Culture ... so Please refrain ...

COW is a Mother ... those Hindu who consider killing it ... deserves the same treatment ...

Umm a "non-Hindu" .."who doesn't understand Hindu Culture" ??

No wonder you got madressa educated idiots like Shan thanking your posts. Buzz off

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom