What's new

I hate my girlfriend, because i love my car.

Well,I agree to what you had to say.
Car is a means of transport and should be treated so. But then i have seen people who travel more than 120Kms every day, for example Abu dhabi-Dubai route.
For such people car becomes a place in which they spend close to 2-3 hours in a day.
Under such circumstances, people do tend to get attached to the non-living thing in which they spend so much time. Plus luxury and its safety features get a lot more importance.
So in my view— doing car reviews is not a bad thing. :-)

Clearly, to many, for example those involved in motorsports and touring, cars are more than mere means of transport.

Clearly, to many, for example those involved in motorsports and touring, cars are more than mere means of transport.
Long time! :wave:

More comfortable and mos def safer than a bike, Car is preferred for adventurous activities. Me thinks!
But yeah I have yet to understand why some men are so crazy about their cars? Lolz

"They say you can’t be a real auto enthusiast if you haven’t owned an Alfa Romeo. If you want to be one of those, and also have a desire to never arrive at your intended destination, we have the car for you. Car and Driver has confirmed that a dealership is selling the magazine’s former long-term Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio, which spent 80 days in the shop over 14 months of testing.

It’s this exact car that caused the magazine to recommend that buyers “stay away from Giulia QFs altogether,” in part because of an amount of downtime that was “unforgivable.” The sale was originally flagged on Reddit.

Car and Driver’s staff writers found themselves stewarding a Chrysler 300 loaner for a month while they waited for the differential to be replaced during one of the Alfa’s many service visits and frequent warning lights provided some traditional Italian motoring excitement. And now, that car can be yours.

Now, as with any car ridiculed for quality issues, there are Giulia defenders who insist that the expansive list of high-profile breakdowns represent a small batch of problematic cars. Their Giulias, they always say, clear some absurdly low reliability bar like being “perfectly reliable” over “almost 6,000 miles.”

This one, though, has been a certified basket case. It’s seen countless “service electronic throttle control” warnings, a bunch of check engine lights, some malfunctioning parking sensors and a bunch of minor issues.

Ultimately, it became such a problem that Car and Driver staff reported that they were “elated when we could finish a long drive without scheduling a dealer visit.” If that’s the kind of everyday excitement you need in your life, the infamous Giulia Quadrifoglio can be yours for only $41,500.

The car’s factory bumper-to-bumper warranty covers 4 years or 50,000 miles. This Giulia has 8,161 miles left on that warranty, on the off chance you need a repair sometime soon."

https://jalopnik.com/car-and-drivers-nightmarishly-unreliable-alfa-romeo-giu-1836770591

:D

ALFAROMEOSpider-3516_3.jpg

My best friend in high school (basically a Ferris Bueller before the movie came out) had a ~1983 Alfa Romeo Spyder (well it was his dad's - no doubt he was a "The Graduate" fan). Cool looking car..but that was about it. I didn't feel it was particularly fast (actually it was pathetically slow and the shifter was in the dash, the car would lean in curves, and the brakes sucked) Plus it was only a 2 seater so this wasn't going to be a "grab the gang together and cruise" car. It has a not-so-great reputation for tons of problems.

It did influence me into a Need For Speed attitude.

Last edited:
What is the Islamic punishment if your wife ruins the car seats by spilling drinks?

What is the Islamic punishment if your wife ruins the car seats by spilling drinks?

Vacuuming out the whole car in a French Maid outfit. :D

ALFAROMEOSpider-3516_3.jpg

My best friend in high school (basically a Ferris Bueller before the movie came out) had a ~1983 Alfa Romeo Spyder (well it was his dad's - no doubt he was a "The Graduate" fan). Cool looking car..but that was about it. I didn't feel it was particularly fast (actually it was pathetically slow and the shifter was in the dash, the car would lean in curves, and the brakes sucked) Plus it was only a 2 seater so this wasn't going to be a "grab the gang together and cruise" car. It has a not-so-great reputation for tons of problems.

It did influence me into a Need For Speed attitude.

Alfas were good designs but made horribly. The Graduate made the image just like what Boorman did for BMW adventure bikes.

As a young man i fell in love with 4 cars...

alfa-romeo-gtv-2-0-v6-tb-2.jpg

1162dc36-81d5-4046-b756-d49534083e3b.jpg

toyota-supra-image-1166.jpg

BMW-E30-325i-CONVERSION-AUTO-CLASSIC-MODIFIED-LOWERED.jpg

Unfortunately i never owned any of them. I was on a working class student budget, couldn't afford the insurance/fuel for these.

When i could, decent ones are rare to find. If i ever don't have a long commute, i will buy an E30 325i.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom