What's new

I don't see China becoming a superpower in this century: Timothy Beardson

I think this topic was posted some time ago and I have made the comment that now is 2013. there are more than 86 years to go before the next century. I bet he cant even predict the situation of his country in the next decade precisely let alone China for the rest of this century. It is ridiculous!

I wonder why an article about China is in the Indian section. Indians are not obsessed with china.

To us these topics are boring
It may be a reason for the cheerleaders for orgies in chillum!

Call it whatever you want......as long as you get my message.

Tell me one thing - could India, Vietnam, Indonesia and others get their independent if there were not USSR, only imperialist West states? Could? Be honest.

Superpower - A superpower is a state with a dominant position in the international system which has the ability to influence events and its own interests and project power on a worldwide scale to protect those interests. A superpower is traditionally considered to be a step higher than a great power.

Greatpower - A great power is a state that is recognized as having the ability to exert its influence on a global scale. Great powers characteristically possess military and economic strength and diplomatic and soft power influence which may cause small powers to consider the opinions of great powers before taking actions of their own. International relations theorists have posited that great power status can be characterized into power capabilities, spatial aspects, and status dimensions.

China falls in 2nd category alongside JAPAN, GERMANY, FRANCE, RUSSIA, UNITED KINGDOM.

Or in other words G8.

India is a world power by it's sheer size in economy and military but can only influence regional and nearby geostrategic matters.

India is widely regarded as an emerging power and possibly a potential superpower; some academics, such as Dr. Zbigniew Brzezinski, regard it as having now achieved great power status.

Tell me one thing - could India, Vietnam, Indonesia and others get their independent if there were not USSR, only imperialist West states? Could? Be honest.

I am not sure I understand the question. If you are referring to our Independence struggle it had nothing to do with Russia.

If you are referring to having an Independent Foreign policy then again India carved its own path by founding the Non Aligned Nations.

We have gained much with our friendship with Russia and Indians will always consider Russia a Friend. This feeling goes well beyond normal govt. action. The people of India feels friendship with Russia at a personal level. Russia's help during Bangladesh war and China war can never be forgotten. :tup:

But we have also lost much due to our alignment with Russia. 60 years after Independence we still remain a very poor country with a very low per capita Income. No one blames Russia for this, it was our own foolish economic policies that took us down this path. But Russia sure did influence it.

This poverty was the price we paid for an independent foreign policy and friendship with Russia. Its a mixed bag.

I am not sure I understand the question. If you are referring to our Independence struggle it had nothing to do with Russia.
If there were no USSR - British, French, Dutch and other colonial impires would still exist. If you see the date of getting independance of India, Vietnam, Indonesia and other Asian and African nation - all of them start after WW2. USSR become superpower and helped enslaved coutries to get free.
Independence struggle also was in 18 and 19 ceturies - but nothing happened. You think all colonies were strong enough to get free?

By that logic we should also thank Germany and the Nazi's for starting the war that finally led to India's Independence ?

I cannot speak for all colonies ....only for India. Russia did support Indian Independence, but to claim credit for it is stretching it much.

India was the first country in the world to speak against Apartheid and the first country to put a Ban on South Africa. That does not mean India can get credit for the freedom movement in South Africa.

Russia has much to be proud of ..........your revolution was a milestone in History. Communism you developed and implemented resulted in China becoming free and liberated. It has inspired revolutions in many other nations.

By that logic we should also thank Germany and the Nazi's for starting the war that finally led to India's Independence ?

I cannot speak for all colonies ....only for India. Russia did support Indian Independence, but to claim credit for it is stretching it much.

India was the first country in the world to speak against Apartheid and the first country to put a Ban on South Africa. That does not mean India can get credit for the freedom movement in South Africa.

Russia has much to be proud of ..........your revolution was a milestone in History. Communism you developed and implemented resulted in China becoming free and liberated. It has inspired revolutions in many other nations.

Its still too early to tell if communism succeeded in China or not. But we know that it failed in USSR.

Its still too early to tell if communism succeeded in China or not. But we know that it failed in USSR.

Failure is a relative term .....communism certainly succeeded in raising their standard of living, technological advancement, defence industry, HDI etc.....Only its economic policy was a fail. But the base it provided has helped Russia reclaim economic growth.

Same holds true for China.

Failure is a relative term .....communism certainly succeeded in raising their standard of living, technological advancement, defence industry, HDI etc.....Only its economic policy was a fail. But the base it provided has helped Russia reclaim economic growth.

Same holds true for China.

If you want to deny historical facts, I cannot helped you. China had moved away from communism and now is more capitalist than even America.

If you want to deny historical facts, I cannot helped you. China had moved away from communism and now is more capitalist than even America.

:lol: .... nobody asked for your help for anything.

Kindly Read what I have written, and then try to understand what I have said ..... no one is denying history.

Back
Top Bottom