What's new

I don't see China becoming a superpower in this century: Timothy Beardson

I would safely bet on US for the next 20 years. US has allies .............. Russia has some of its ex-soviet nations and India. China has only pakistan which at the best of times is a very unreliable Allie.

Besides US currency is backed by OIL. Chinese currency is pegged to the US currency.

The Global economy has invested in the US Currency. There is no other practical option available in sight.

Unless the global economies come together to substitute carbon credit as global trade currency, US will continue to be mighty. There is no way around it.

Allies? They call themselves "allies" now. USSR had such "allies" in Eastern Europe. Now they scream, that USSR occupied them. And after might of USA will fall - everybody will say, that armies of hated tiran America occupied their countries.

Allies? They call themselves "allies" now. USSR had such "allies" in Eastern Europe. Now they scream, that USSR occupied them. And after might of USA will fall - everybody will say, that armies of hated tiran America occupied their countries.

Call it vested interests if not allies. Point being they do not act alone ...... they have gained considerable expertise in negotiating and carrying the rest of the world with them.

It is not a skill to be taken lightly nor mocked.

Call it vested interests if not allies. Point being they do not act alone ...... they have gained considerable expertise in negotiating and carrying the rest of the world with them.

It is not a skill to be taken lightly nor mocked.
Some decades ago USA was positioning itself like an defender of democracy and freedom. Look at them now - they destroyed Iraq (twice), Yuogoslavia, Libya, Afganistan - no one believe now (exept fools) that they are good. Till they have 10 aircraftcarries and are able to destroy every country they want - everybody are afraid of them. But when they will have 3-4 AC - every nation on this planet will rise in arms against them - cause they occupy almoust whole Earth.

Exactly my thought. The reason why the U.S. has those countries following it is that their interests happen to align with each other. The U.S. need those little countries for moral support and voting in U.N. etc. while those little countries want the U.S. market, technology and imaginary or real protection. It reminds me of group of kids in kindergarten where the toughest guy always gets most friends. Those kids already know it's in their interest to follow the biggest bully so they don't get bullied.

Some decades ago USA was positioning itself like an defender of democracy and freedom. Look at them now - they destroyed Iraq (twice), Yuogoslavia, Libya, Afganistan - no one believe now (exept fools) that they are good. Till they have 10 aircraftcarries and are able to destroy every country they want - everybody are afraid of them. But when they will have 3-4 AC - every nation on this planet will rise in arms against them - cause they occupy almoust whole Earth.

USA has always positioned itself after doing its homework and have backed its position by active politics that ensured partnership with others. The partnership itself might be unequal or lopsided but it always addressed the issues of its partners.

Russia never understood this primarily because it did not have an active democracy that by its very nature built such partnership.

China will never get it.

Its a bit childish to believe that nations make friends looking at the size of your Aircraft carriers. Russia has 2000 Nukes .....what had that got you ?

Exactly my thought. The reason why the U.S. has those countries following it is that their interests happen to align with each other. The U.S. need those little countries for moral support and voting in U.N. etc. while those little countries want the U.S. market, technology and imaginary or real protection. It reminds me of group of kids in kindergarten where the toughest guy always gets most friends. Those kids already know it's in their interest to follow the biggest bully so they don't get bullied.

WOW ....what a mature understanding of world politics. :tup:

The superpower is an imperialistic term, whereas China will never follow its suit.

Even USSR had never officially defined themselves as a superpower.

The superpower is an imperialistic term, whereas China will never follow its suit.

Even USSR had never officially defined themselves as a superpower.

Superpower term indicates the acceptability of the rest of the world to grant you that status.

You cannot declare yourself as anything .....others have to anoint you.

Superpower term indicates the acceptability of the rest of the world to grant you that status.

You cannot declare yourself as anything .....others have to anoint you.

China is not obsessed with the superpower title.

Did you ever see that China is declaring into a kind of military/space race with anyone? Nope.

We have never declared that we will become a superpower in year 20XX or made the Moon Landing on year 202X. :coffee:

China is not obsessed with the superpower title.

Did you ever see that China is declaring into a kind of military/space race with anyone? Nope.

We have never declared that we will become a superpower in year 20XX or made the Moon Landing on year 202X. :coffee:

I have always seen China indulge in all kind of race earlier with Russia and later with USA. :coffee:

Your desperate attempt to win more medals at Olympics is a symbol of this desire. What i don't understand is why you deny this ?

I have always seen China indulge in all kind of race earlier with Russia and later with USA. :coffee:

Your desperate attempt to win more medals at Olympics is a symbol of this desire. What i don't understand is why you deny this ?

desperate attempt? Did you see the last few Olympics? have to go back to 2004 for Russia to have more medals, and we still had more gold. Go back to 2000, and we would be third. 2008, we go the most by a long shot. 2012, we are still second though still beat Russia, in fact Russia not even third.

Did you confuse China with the country you come from....

anyways, super power is an english term, we like to be called The people you own money to.

desperate attempt? Did you see the last few Olympics? have to go back to 2004 for Russia to have more medals, and we still had more gold. Go back to 2000, and we would be third. 2008, we go the most by a long shot. 2012, we are still second though still beat Russia, in fact Russia not even third.

Did you confuse China with the country you come from....

Thank you for confirming my point. So why deny that you are and always be in a race .......?

Thank you for confirming my point. So why deny that you are and always be in a race .......?

I'm not denying nothing. It is what it is. The fact we are Asians who are not under the command of the West is already enough reasons for the West to hate us.

No reason to cover it up.

If you wake up in the morning and wants to be 2nd best, then maybe you don't need to wake up.

I'm not denying nothing. It is what it is. The fact we are Asians who are not under the command of the West is already enough reasons for the West to hate us.

No reason to cover it up.

If you wake up in the morning and wants to be 2nd best, then maybe you don't need to wake up.

So you DO want to be Super power. Why don't you tell that to your fellow country men here and end this. :coffee:

USA has always positioned itself after doing its homework and have backed its position by active politics that ensured partnership with others. The partnership itself might be unequal or lopsided but it always addressed the issues of its partners.

Russia never understood this primarily because it did not have an active democracy that by its very nature built such partnership.

China will never get it.

Its a bit childish to believe that nations make friends looking at the size of your Aircraft carriers. Russia has 2000 Nukes .....what had that got you ?

WOW ....what a mature understanding of world politics. :tup:
Man, Russians are not sneaky and cunning. Thats how we feel this world. As we said - God is in truth, not in power. USA will fall as every impire did in past. And no one will cry. Many nations had cry about falling of USSR, cause USSR helped to free many states from colonialism and protect that poor nations and help them.

Back
Top Bottom