What's new

‘I, As A Hindu, As A Believer, Am Horrified By This Ideology’

christian-yoga2.jpg

PraiseMoves%20dvd%20cover.jpg

Christian-yoga.jpg

jesus-yoga-book.jpg

:P

Half the damage is done by our dumb stupid yogis who go around spreading the canard all religions are the same. If they are all the same, we should ask those stupid yogis why should not humanity all convert to just one religion.

Half the damage is done by our dumb stupid yogis who go around spreading the canard all religions are the same. If they are all the same, we should ask those stupid yogis why should not humanity all convert to just one religion.

That's exactly what Yogananda tried to do. I once visited their ashram in San Diego. They actually have and worship both Jesus and Krishna photos side by side.

Hidden Truths of the Scriptures

One of Paramahansa Yogananda's life-long missions was to promote the one Reality behind all the world's true religions, and to provide truth seekers of both East and West with the universal science of God-realization—the means to awaken a deeper awareness of the innate divinity latent in every human being.

Among the ways in which Paramahansaji promoted the unity of the world's religions was through his lectures and writings. In these, he has revealed the hidden metaphysical truths of the great scriptures of East and West, and has shown how these sacred texts lead the seeker along the same universal path to oneness with God.
On these pages we will be sharing with you excerpts from Yogananda's highly acclaimed interpretations of the four Gospels of the New Testament, India's Bhagavad Gita, and The Rubaiyat of Omar Khayyam. (Though not considered a "scripture" per se, the Rubaiyat is a beloved work of mystical poetry exemplifying the hidden divine truths taught by the Sufis within the Islamic tradition.)
We invite you to return to this section as we continue to add more material here from the writings of Paramahansa Yogananda. In addition, we will highlight the profound treatise by Yogananda's guru, Swami Sri Yukteswar, on the underlying unity of the scriptures of East and West.

"Jesus went very deep in teachings that appear on the surface to be simple—much deeper than most people understand…In [his teachings] is the whole science of yoga, the transcendental way of divine union through meditation."
— Paramahansa Yogananda
"The entire knowledge of the cosmos is packed into the Gita. Supremely profound yet couched in revelatory language... the Gita has been understood and applied on all levels of human endeavor and spiritual striving….Wherever one is on the way back to God, the Gita will shed its light on that segment of the journey."
— Paramahansa Yogananda
goldlotus_border_long.png

"Prophets of all lands and ages have succeeded in their God-quest. Entering a state of true illumination, nirbikalpa samadhi, these saints have realized the Supreme Reality behind all names and forms. Their wisdom and spiritual counsel have become the scriptures of the world. These, although outwardly differing by reason of the variegated cloaks of words, are all expressions — some open and clear, others hidden or symbolic — of the same basic truths of Spirit.
"My gurudeva, Jnanavatar Swami Sri Yukteswar (1855–1936) of Serampore, was eminently fitted to discern the underlying unity between the scriptures of Christianity and of Sanatan Dharma. Placing the holy texts on the spotless table of his mind, he was able to dissect them with the scalpel of intuitive reasoning, and to separate interpolations and wrong interpretations of scholars from the truths as originally given by the prophets."

— Paramahansa Yogananda

"As I worked on the spiritual interpretation of the Rubaiyat, it took me into an endless labyrinth of truth, until I was rapturously lost in wonderment. The veiling of Khayyam's metaphysical and practical philosophy in these verses reminds me of 'The Revelation of St. John the Divine.'"

— Paramahansa Yogananda

That's exactly what Yogananda tried to do. I once visited their ashram in San Diego. They actually have and worship both Jesus and Krishna photos side by side.

One of Paramahansa Yogananda's life-long missions was to promote the one Reality behind all the world's true religions, and to provide truth seekers of both East and West with the universal science of God-realization—the means to awaken a deeper awareness of the innate divinity latent in every human being.

Among the ways in which Paramahansaji promoted the unity of the world's religions was through his lectures and writings. In these, he has revealed the hidden metaphysical truths of the great scriptures of East and West, and has shown how these sacred texts lead the seeker along the same universal path to oneness with God.
On these pages we will be sharing with you excerpts from Yogananda's highly acclaimed interpretations of the four Gospels of the New Testament, India's Bhagavad Gita, and The Rubaiyat of Omar Khayyam. (Though not considered a "scripture" per se, the Rubaiyat is a beloved work of mystical poetry exemplifying the hidden divine truths taught by the Sufis within the Islamic tradition.)
We invite you to return to this section as we continue to add more material here from the writings of Paramahansa Yogananda. In addition, we will highlight the profound treatise by Yogananda's guru, Swami Sri Yukteswar, on the underlying unity of the scriptures of East and West.

"Jesus went very deep in teachings that appear on the surface to be simple—much deeper than most people understand…In [his teachings] is the whole science of yoga, the transcendental way of divine union through meditation."
— Paramahansa Yogananda
"The entire knowledge of the cosmos is packed into the Gita. Supremely profound yet couched in revelatory language... the Gita has been understood and applied on all levels of human endeavor and spiritual striving….Wherever one is on the way back to God, the Gita will shed its light on that segment of the journey."
— Paramahansa Yogananda

"Prophets of all lands and ages have succeeded in their God-quest. Entering a state of true illumination, nirbikalpa samadhi, these saints have realized the Supreme Reality behind all names and forms. Their wisdom and spiritual counsel have become the scriptures of the world. These, although outwardly differing by reason of the variegated cloaks of words, are all expressions — some open and clear, others hidden or symbolic — of the same basic truths of Spirit.
"My gurudeva, Jnanavatar Swami Sri Yukteswar (1855–1936) of Serampore, was eminently fitted to discern the underlying unity between the scriptures of Christianity and of Sanatan Dharma. Placing the holy texts on the spotless table of his mind, he was able to dissect them with the scalpel of intuitive reasoning, and to separate interpolations and wrong interpretations of scholars from the truths as originally given by the prophets."

— Paramahansa Yogananda

"As I worked on the spiritual interpretation of the Rubaiyat, it took me into an endless labyrinth of truth, until I was rapturously lost in wonderment. The veiling of Khayyam's metaphysical and practical philosophy in these verses reminds me of 'The Revelation of St. John the Divine.'"

— Paramahansa Yogananda

This is the result of a Hindu viewpoint being imposed on Western scriptures. What the Hindus are saying were not meant by either Jesus or the billions of Christians who took on his name and followed on his path later on. The Bible itself was composed some 60 odd years after the death of this so called Jesus figure. It never even caught on as a religion until Constantine I embraced it for purely political purposes 300 odd years later. Then there are so many inconsistencies, additions, deletions, and revisions over revisions, if Jesus ever existed and had said something all of that would have been mangled beyond recognition to anything remotely he could have ever said. Christians made Christianity what it is. This is the truth of it. It is their book and they wrote it the way they wanted it. Their sudden negation of old testament while that forms the foundational basis for the new testament while denying the god of old testament and new testament are the same, adds to the inconsistency to their Frankenstein of a religion.

One cannot be a bible believer and still be intellectually honest and sound and one cannot be a Hindu with sound knowledge of scriptures and be an intellectual fraud. There are two opposite metaphysics at work here.

This world was never meant to be One Entity. That Unity exists only at the level of Brahman.

Writer and activistNayantara Sahgal, 88, returned her Sahitya Akademi award in protest against what she calls “the unmaking of India” in the present dispensation’s “reign of terror”. She spoke toSatish Padmanabhanfrom her Dehradun home on why she feels so angry and despondent. Excerpts from the interview:
First the V-P and now the president has talked about the dangers to our core values, the reasons why you returned your Sahitya Akademi award. Do you think anyone in the present regime is listening?

Well, it is because they are not listening that I and others have taken this step to return the awards. I am returning the awards to awaken the conscience of the country, to make people aware of what is going on around them, to stop this attack on our secular heritage. The murder of writers, of rationalists, this terrible lynching of a Muslim man in Dadri, it has saddened and horrified me. And I am sure it’s just not me, millions of people in this country, most of them staunch Hindus, must feel the same. Even if the present regime is not listening, I am sure the people are listening, I am sure the message has gone down to them.

But aren’t the provocative speeches some BJP leaders are making on the Dadri incident exactly what its supporters want to hear?

I don’t think the people of Dadri are with these rabid leaders at all. Now an account by human rights organisations on Dadri says Mohammed Akhlaq’s house was in a narrow gali there, that no more than seven or eight people can get in there at one time. No mob could have entered his house. So this talk that he was killed by a mob is incorrect. What happened was that a temple announced that Akhlaq’s family was eating beef. It was pre-planned to instigate the crowd. But even then, only a few people went to his house to kill him. It was called a mob because a mob can’t be arrested. The BJP is out to make it look like a law and order situation but it is not. I don’t at all think it was a rising of the people to lynch this man. It was just cold-blooded murder.

Do you think years of building on the values of secularism, pluralism, tolerance could be squandered away now?

No, I don’t think it can be squandered. That is why important people like the president and vice-president are speaking out against it, it is why these things are being discussed and making headlines in the media. I can’t tell you how overwhelmed I have been by the support I’ve received for my decision to return the award. For instance, today theTribune’s main editorial is on it. Of course, there have also been vicious attacks on me on social media but they are the usual trolls. I, as a Hindu, as a believer, I am filled with horror at what this Hindutva ideology has done to Hinduism. Many, many people are feeling the same way, many are fighting back. Perhaps many more are not speaking out against it openly as they are afraid, but we have to speak out.

Love jehad, ghar wapasi, now the beef ban...do you think there is a concerted effort to beat the minorities into submission?

Yes, it’s clear that is the present government’s policy. It is the RSS mentality. And for the first time they can do it...because they are in power with a clear majority. How else do you rationalise the whole cabinet lining up at a recent meeting of the rss? Mr Modi is a great orator, he goes abroad and talks about the secular and diverse nature of our society. But he doesn’t open his mouth about this in India.

The present regime is betting big on the youth. Do you think these sort of tactics, a sort of Talibanisation, will have any carry with them?

“But there’s an important distinction...Indira was a democrat gone wrong. Mr Modi is a born fascist.”

I will not say that today’s youth are not idealistic. I think the majority of them still hold on to the liberal values of our Constitution. But the others who formed the electorate in 2014, those voting for the first time, they know little or nothing of our history, our philosophy, our heritage, our struggle, our sacrifices. They are looking for jobs. A lot of them contributed to the bjp’s landslide victory. It was quite similar to what happened in Germany after the first world war when Hitler rose to power. He told the youth that the country needed a strong leader to rebuild Germany. He also had a landslide victory in the elections. That fascist technique, that machismo, is what is being tried here. But look where it led Germany to in the end.
Prime Minister Modi has been called a strong leader, some compare him to Indira Gandhi. You had trouble with her government too when she imposed the Emergency. Do you foresee something like that again?

Why foresee one, we are already living in an Emergency right now. The only difference is, it has not officially been declared. There is the same fear psychosis—if you don’t believe in our way of thinking, you will be attacked, even killed. There is an unseen gag on the media as the majority of media houses are controlled by corporates close to the government. Recently, the Maharashtra government wanted to enact a law saying that any criticism of it will be considered sedition. This is a recognised fascist technique of quelling all dissent.

But I want to make an important distinction here between Indira Gandhi and Mr Modi. Indira Gandhi was a democrat gone wrong, Mr Modi is a born fascist.

But let’s say in the Bihar elections the BJP does well, won’t it be a validation of this brand of politics?

That is why the BJP is doing all it can to win the elections there. If they lose Bihar it will be a big blow to their way of thinking. So, Amit Shah, who is very effective in his election strategy, is posted there. What I hear from the ground is that the BJP will probably get the largest number of votes but will not be able to form a government.

Some people have criticised you for accepting the Sahitya Akademi Award in the first place, just two years after the Sikh killings.

These people have to first get their facts right. In 1984, I was the vice-president of the PUCL (People’s Union for Civil Liberties). When the anti-Sikh riots happened, PUCL was the first organisation to come out with a full report on the atrocities. We named names, we gave facts and figures. So, let no one lecture me about my stand on the anti-Sikh riots. I do not support any massacre—the 1984 riots or the 2002 Gujarat riots. My award had nothing to do with it.

What should civil society do so that mistakes of the past are not repeated? Do you feel that it has been too silent?

No, civil society has not kept silent. People have come out against the killings of M.M. Kalburgi, (Narendra) Dabholkar and (Govind) Pansare. People have come out in support of Teesta Setalvad. There are talks, seminars and campaigns in Delhi and other cities to protest against the Hindutva forces. But yes, many of them are afraid to speak. When writers like Perumal Murugan have to write their own obituaries, what can ordinary people, the common man, do?

Do protests and campaigns by writers, artists, the civil society have real impact on the ground?

Let me give you some examples. I have a Muslim worker in my house here in Dehradun who is doing some repair work. He came to me running, triumphantly waving a copy of Amar Ujala which had news of my returning the award. Yesterday, the TV crew which was here to do an interview got emotional about my action. Common people, in one case a taxi driver, have congratulated me. I have faith in the people of this country. Finally, they will decide who should rule India.

‘I, As A Hindu, As A Believer, Am Horrified By This Ideology’ | Satish Padmanabhan | Oct 19,2015

Like she is horrified with current state of affairs, we are horrified with the way it was happening in last 65 years...So at any point of time, some one or the other gets horrified...So what is the big deal..It is your turn now so cheer up and keep yourself horrified till you feel to come out of your illusion.

You cannot blame the Yogi's for trying. In the day and age where Hindus were under constant attack and lived under the supremacy of Christian nations, that was the need of the hour.

Much has changed since then.

@dadeechi @Samudra Manthan My friend enough of your religious discussion. Every religion in the world is Flawed to some extend and most important the religion is created by man for the man, and not the man is created by religion for the religion.

You are simply ignoring the simple fact and simple solution. No one is forcing anything religious belief on someone period, but the LAW can be forced on the people, on whose creation or rules everyone is allowed. And when the LAW is decided, it should be implemented in the forceful way. Likewise earlier I said when there is a law for the safety of Peacock, Tiger, and the LAW against cutting SANDALWOOD tree to cut without permission, why not COW. There are various laws but they varied from states to states, which should be unified and implemented unanimously. One of my muslim friend asked me which was the question which makes me wondering, he asked me "if hindu says cow is the mother, because they have consumed her milk, than same formula why not implemented on Bufallow, and Goat !!". It was easy for me give him the answer because I am VEGETARIAN, but if I have to speak for the hindu, than its better, it should be answered by my hindu fellow man.

I am not a religious person, and don't believe in god, rather there is no god of all the religious GOD that fulfills my questions and imagination, but I am HINDU dead sure and I am proud of it. I found myself very clear, not because I learned VEDs and Gita by heart, but our purpose and simple fact that actually the GOD is ALL, and thats the one and only truth, and this truth is GOD.
No GOD makes any rules and instruction in the form of BOOK, and the rule which the REAL god makes follows everyone even that so called BOOK and all the religious book. I know one RULE on earth, and that is GRAVITY and another one TIME. If any Pundit, Mullah, or Father claims that his/her religion follows different rules and in different ways than he is himself ignorant and idiot.

We have one organ that is called as BRAIN and since we are on top chain of animal and we are Social Animal, its time we start using that Brain.

@dadeechi @Samudra Manthan My friend enough of your religious discussion. Every religion in the world is Flawed to some extend and most important the religion is created by man for the man, and not the man is created by religion for the religion.

You are simply ignoring the simple fact and simple solution. No one is forcing anything religious belief on someone period, but the LAW can be forced on the people, on whose creation or rules everyone is allowed. And when the LAW is decided, it should be implemented in the forceful way. Likewise earlier I said when there is a law for the safety of Peacock, Tiger, and the LAW against cutting SANDALWOOD tree to cut without permission, why not COW. There are various laws but they varied from states to states, which should be unified and implemented unanimously. One of my muslim friend asked me which was the question which makes me wondering, he asked me "if hindu says cow is the mother, because they have consumed her milk, than same formula why not implemented on Bufallow, and Goat !!". It was easy for me give him the answer because I am VEGETARIAN, but if I have to speak for the hindu, than its better, it should be answered by my hindu fellow man.

I am not a religious person, and don't believe in god, rather there is no god of all the religious GOD that fulfills my questions and imagination, but I am HINDU dead sure and I am proud of it. I found myself very clear, not because I learned VEDs and Gita by heart, but our purpose and simple fact that actually the GOD is ALL, and thats the one and only truth, and this truth is GOD.
No GOD makes any rules and instruction in the form of BOOK, and the rule which the REAL god makes follows everyone even that so called BOOK and all the religious book. I know one RULE on earth, and that is GRAVITY and another one TIME. If any Pundit, Mullah, or Father claims that his/her religion follows different rules and in different ways than he is himself ignorant and idiot.

We have one organ that is called as BRAIN and since we are on top chain of animal and we are Social Animal, its time we start using that Brain.

As a hindu one should prevent slaughter of ALL domesticated Milch animals. Cows and Buffalo and Goats.

Making the ban only on Cow is counter productive and misleading.

Do you know what the image of your avatar means ?

As a hindu one should prevent slaughter of ALL domesticated Milch animals. Cows and Buffalo and Goats.

Making the ban only on Cow is counter productive and misleading.

Do you know what the image of your avatar means ?
As a Man not only as Hindu one should thanks to get the human form and should understand the law of nature. We don't have canines like tigers/ lion so we cannot consume meat raw, so ideally we are vegetarian by nature. But man used his superior brain to get food easily and from different sources.

We do have moral nature or duty whatever, and religiously every organism have the Right to Live. I am not against eating Meat but to kill the creation of the Nature for his cause when other sources of survival is available. That can be my personal thought but technically :
1. Medically better we don't consume Meat
2. Scientifically we are not natural Meat Eater
3. Economically its better to be Veggi
4. Morally -- It required animal slaughter.
5. Religiously -- Where does Religion comes between what we EAT,

My Image reflects the Brain to search for himself my friend, You knew it better my friend what it is, but the only place to search for GOD is in itself than Mandir or Madjid or Church.

As a Man not only as Hindu one should thanks to get the human form and should understand the law of nature. We don't have canines like tigers/ lion so we cannot consume meat raw, so ideally we are vegetarian by nature. But man used his superior brain to get food easily and from different sources.

We do have moral nature or duty whatever, and religiously every organism have the Right to Live. I am not against eating Meat but to kill the creation of the Nature for his cause when other sources of survival is available. That can be my personal thought but technically :
1. Medically better we don't consume Meat
2. Scientifically we are not natural Meat Eater
3. Economically its better to be Veggi
4. Morally -- It required animal slaughter.
5. Religiously -- Where does Religion comes between what we EAT,

My Image reflects the Brain to search for himself my friend, You knew it better my friend what it is, but the only place to search for GOD is in itself than Mandir or Madjid or Church.

To understand the Laws of nature you do not even have to bee a Man. Even animals and plants understand this law.

Your personal views about eating meat is not my concern.

I have No idea what you mean by point no. 4. "Morally - it required animal slaughter "

If you do not know where religion come between what humans eat I suggest you study religion. ANY religion.

You can search for god while looking inward in your mind or looking outward. ALL Dharmic Paths will help you in this search.

To understand the Laws of nature you do not even have to bee a Man. Even animals and plants understand this law.

Your personal views about eating meat is not my concern.

I have No idea what you mean by point no. 4. "Morally - it required animal slaughter "

If you do not know where religion come between what humans eat I suggest you study religion. ANY religion.

You can search for god while looking inward in your mind or looking outward. ALL Dharmic Paths will help you in this search.
What Dharmic Path if you have such religious insight tell me according to Hinduism the Earth/World is balanced in three 3 point, One on the back of tortoise, two on the head of Snake (Sheshnaag), and three the horn of COW. Is this true or false with scientific/logical reason. And I say its true, beware I am not as religious person but I am Hindu.

"Morally - it required animal slaughter " Means morally eathing required the killing of the animal to be eaten.

What Dharmic Path if you have such religious insight tell me according to Hinduism the Earth/World is balanced in three 3 point, One on the back of tortoise, two on the head of Snake (Sheshnaag), and three the horn of COW. Is this true or false with scientific/logical reason. And I say its true, beware I am not as religious person but I am Hindu.

"Morally - it required animal slaughter " Means morally eathing required the killing of the animal to be eaten.

First you need to tell me which Hindu scriptures say what you have said. Kindly quote the original in sanskrit and the source.

Second why would anyone need scientific/logical reason for matters of faith ? :cheesy:

Last edited:
You should search for this reference, my friend. Its one of the Hindu mythology and told to me by one priest and I cannot point out which one but I understand the meaning of that and its very true, logically. I can explain it to you if you want or if you want to discuss with any religious expert or Guru you can.

A religion who could not answer the scientific and the logical questions should be altered/ changed or dumped if it could not walk with the time. After all Change is the nature of the time.

You should search for this reference, my friend. Its one of the Hindu mythology and told to me by one priest and I cannot point out which one but I understand the meaning of that and its very true, logically. I can explain it to you if you want or if you want to discuss with any religious expert or Guru you can.

A religion who could not answer the scientific and the logical questions should be altered/ changed or dumped if it could not walk with the time. After all Change is the nature of the time.

LOL.... why should I search for the reference for something YOU have claimed ? :lol:

You are entitled to your opinion. Adios.

Back
Top Bottom