What's new

I am proud of the Kargil operation: Musharraf

Musharraf should be, it was a great success for him, he won all of pakistan.

Actually; in six decades of its existence the PA fought more battles for control of the Polity in Pakistan than with an external Enemy, and NEVER LOST a single one of them! Is'nt that a great Combat Record?

Musharraff may have lost the heights and barren crags of Kargil; but he won control of his country. He must be a great Gernail.

Musharraf was not fighting him self in Kargil, either.

I was feeding your version of 'Musharrafnama'

Also, never forget to mention, that Kargil maneuver is now part of hindu army's text books.

There is no "hindu army". Unlike your people, who go around forming tinpot little "armies" on the basis of religions (lashkar-e-this and lashkar-e-that), other people don't behave in that manner. There is no hindu army, no lashkar-e-Hinduism.

Assuming you meant Indian army, yes you are right. Mushy's campaign has entered textbooks in India and all over the world in a chapter entitled "greatest military blunders in history - how NOT to plan a war".

If you think that entering the textbooks as an example of how not to do things is an achievement, congratulations. You achieved it.

Kargil "maneuver" will forever be etched in the annals of military history as a warning to young officers, how not to do things.

Musharraff was not running the war in Kargil? Then what the hell was he talking about during the phone call from Beijing to GHQ, Pindi (that RAW intercepted and recordeded); about the price of Onions and Potatoes in Rawalpindi Sabzi-Mandi?? :lol:
I was answering to what i quoted... and i made an error and now corrected after proof reading.

Sure thing that Musharraff's War in Kargil (N.B. it was not PA's war ;)) is already part of the Indian Army's curriculum.
It is studied and taught at AWC, Mhow: as "How NOT to plan a Military Campaign" :rofl:
OK... do you show them videos of bombings of NH1 and tell them about shortage of coffins!

Here's your MAN

Last edited by a moderator:
Of course he's proud, he gained the presidency because of it. :lol: Otherwise he would just be another unknown retired general.

I have noticed a trend on this board though. Sensible Pakistanis seem to have accepted that Kargil was a failure of epic proportions, mainly caused by an ill-conceived scheme of a few generals led by Musharraf. This btw has been the view of many retired Pak Army generals too. But typical "macho" Pakistanis still haven't come to terms with it and like to beat the "5353" drum at the first given opportunity.

I was answering to what i quoted... and i made an error and now corrected after proof reading.

OK... do you show them videos of bombings of NH1 and tell them about shortage of coffins!

There was no shortage of coffins. We may have overpaid for a few, but that's it.

Pakistan didn't face any issues related to coffins, because it refused to admit that it even fought, refused to accept the bodies of its soldiers, refused to acknowledge that thousands of their soldiers died to satisfy the ego of this gernail.

If we did face any shortage of coffins, that is because we unexpectedly had to do the funeral of all those Pakistani fighters, who remained unclaimed by their country. We had to do the funeral for Pakistanis who died for an unachievable cause.

So you may laugh at us about miscalculating the number of coffins required, but that is because we did not expect your country to stoop to the level of disowning your own soldiers. We did not expect that we would have to give a hasty but decent funeral to your soldiers, because you would be too abashed to accept them.

Same proud man once refused to claim responsibility for the operation by stating that PA had nothing to do with it & it's carried out by the Mujahideens. Refused accept the dead bodies of his own subordinates. One proud man... :lol:

Of course it does, it shows exactly what it says.

Yes, you may have returned the bodies of our soldiers, like we have returned yours. That's part of war, part of civilized behavior by professional soldiers. What makes this one notable is the fact that Pakistan was (at the time) officially refusing to acknowledge that it even fought. So a video of Pak army accepting the bodies of its fighters held a lot more significance than a similar event by any other two warring sides.

First of all, there is absolutely no proof that this exchange took place in the Kargil-Drass theater. You and countless others are going along with whatever the poster at youtube stated. There is no authentication of it being an exchange during the Kargil conflict and more so as being the "first" or "unprecedented" as you are claiming it to be. Secondly, Pakistan accepted bodies many times over as did your side. We have similar videos archived because such exchanges are usually documented. Lets not add any more drama to a simple video showing transfer of bodies under the common understanding between the two sides.

Why shouldn't he be proud; it's nawaz sharif who capitulated. Even prouder should be the families of the shaheeds of NLI and the Kashmiri freedom fighters.

By the way, we still retain Point 5353 and its already been discussed on the 20,00,001 other active threads on Kargil Operation.

It's already been mentioned in each of those threads by Indians, and subsequently ignored by the Pakistani posters that the Point lies on the LoC. It's not an achievement to take a point from no one, and then defend it against no one, then claim you won the battle. :lol:

On topic: No offense to any of the dead soldiers, but a Pakistani general being proud of Kargil is as silly as a mom being proud of a disowned son. He abandoned them, and they died fighting for no reason at all. He has no right to be proud.

Here's your MAN

No dude; he is not our man. He is the Al-Batroos around the neck of Pakistan; the guy who abandoned the NLI on Kargil and described them as a rag-tag, scruffy bunch of shalwar-kameez clad Mujaheddin.

As for the videos; yes all the videos are shown in India. The Bofors and MBRLs pounding the PA positions. Then the PA coming under a 'white-flag' to pick up abandoned NLI bodies, the IA burying the bodies that were still unclaimed, the bunkers abandoned by the retreating PA which had run out of all provisions but for sugar (some bodies of dead NLI which reached home in GB for burial had traces of only sugar in their mouths and tracts, there was nothing else for them to eat); so many videos.

Actually; in six decades of its existence the PA fought more battles for control of the Polity in Pakistan than with an external Enemy, and NEVER LOST a single one of them! Is'nt that a great Combat Record?

Musharraff may have lost the heights and barren crags of Kargil; but he won control of his country. He must be a great Gernail.

Retard get this through your head, Kargil is controlled mostly by Pakistan as of today, only a few peaks are occupied by Indian army, all the critical ones including highest point is held by Pakistani army. Your Indian version of history says "all Pak intruders were evicted" that is far from the reality.

Try to understand instead of posting same idiotic lies over and over again about Pakistan losing in Kargil, when the reality is Pakistan won key positions in Kargil.

What has your Army achieved in the same amount of time? Fought an army half your size to a stalemate 3 times. Take the EP as a victory for your side, will give that much. But otherwise not much to show for an Army that is double the size of the PA. So these comparisons are all relative.

We have fought an adversary twice or thrice our size and have held our own against it fairly well each of the times. Not too many smaller Countries can claim that. We are not cowed down by you despite your attempts and this to me is not as bad as you and others try to make it out to be.

I would be insane if I believed that Pakistan Army, being the smaller and more limited in resources, would have a more different outcome in its conflicts with a much larger adversary.

Retard get this through your head, Kargil is controlled mostly by Pakistan as of today, only a few peaks are occupied by Indian army, all the critical ones including highest point is held by Pakistani army. Your Indian version of history says "all Pak intruders were evicted" that is far from the reality.

Try to understand instead of posting same idiotic lies over and over again about Pakistan losing in Kargil, when the reality is Pakistan won key positions in Kargil.

1. No name-calling. Calling him a retard is not gonna make you less wrong.
2. There's Point 5353, two ridges that's all Pakistan owns now. I don't know what they teach you in Pakistan, but you can just Google it.
3. 5353 is wrongly stated to be the tallest in Drass, it's just the tallest in it's small locality, granting it a good view of NH-1. But the higher peaks are still Indian.

What does the video have anything to do with anything? More so, does the idiotic heading on the video even have anything to do with Kargil?

Have we not returned countless Indian dead bodies to your people?

What is there to be ashamed about? An opportunity arose and it was taken advantage of. No different than many other examples of proactive action by the other side.

In such a hostile wilderness, Only the Indian media would be present behind every rock, boulder and glacier to record every body transfer that took place, talk about staged managed events and drama queens, consider the tantrums these Indians played when Pakistan tried to hand over their downed pilot.....pathetic display to say the least. !!

And so the pigs can fly.

Geez........................A think tank :omghaha:

images

Back
Top Bottom