What's new

I am not feeling good [Just had another break down]

@Dewaneh

It would be a long post. Sorry for that.

First of all, I’m sorry to hear about your situation.

Ok there are two different stages of depression. In the beginning, sleepless nights & then come a time, when you are sleepy all the time.

Listen, you can not do everything in life on your own. What is the main purpose of humanity then? We all....ALL...need someone’s help at some point of our lives. It can be physical, financial, moral, verbal or any other kind of help.

Just find someone to speak your heart out. Talk to your siblings, maybe a stranger or a coworker? But vent it out.

Also, don’t overthink about what happened yesterday. It has happened. But now it is up to you, wether you want to continue thinking about it to ruin your present & future or simply learn the lesson and move on?

Moving on isn’t easy, I aceept it. But it isn’t impossible too. You just have to sit with yourself one day & talk to yourself. Ask yourself a lot of questions & then answer them all.

When your heart is so heavy, write down your thoughts, feelings, insecurities, fears and whatever you want.

And now seeing depression with religious point of view.
Our prophets, all of them, went through a lot. They faced grief & depression too.
So your feelings are genuine. But you can’t simply cry over it without any doing anything to tackle with this problem.

Along with praying, see a psychologist. Consult with someone. Don’t simply go through it & pity yourself all the time, or think low of yourself. But help yourself.

May almighty help you. Amen.

And they don’t judge.

————-

@The Sandman @django @Hell hound @Zibago
Everyday feels like a burden,every passing day feels worse than the previous,you feel lonely when you don't interact with people but feel intimidated when you,self harm almost feels good,you start contemplating ending your life short just for this joke to end and feel like no one will actually care if you are no more is this how he feels like?

I have had depression for past few years (nearly 3.5 years to be exact) since Aug 2015. I have a flood of thoughts in my head literally 24/7. I have not been able to sleep until 1 or 2 am every night, and sometimes until 4. I remain so tired and exhausted all through out the day from this sleep mess plus the mental strain within me. These thoughts (some good and some bad) can't seem go find a way out of my head after so long. and its around the same theme for years. and these hit me so suddenly multiple times a day. as almost like a day dream but with a lot of pain. I will try my best to describe as much as I can. I get these lumps in my throat, my eyes get teary, many chills get sent down my spin, my stomach feel light and funny, and my heart feels though as someone is scrubbing thrones on it. It seems as I am loosing my nature, my vibrancy, my identity to this sickness. Because of my depression, I have stopped hanging out with most of my friends, i rarely talk to them if ever, I ignore there messages on Snapchat and texts on my number. I only talk to a few buds from school and work, which are okay. I don't want them to know about what i am going through. i don't want anyone to know in real life what I am going through. i want to fix this sh*t myself. I dont want to feel cocky, but the decisions i made 3.5 years ago I REGRET to this day and they still effect me/stay relevant. just to let everyone know, I don't feel lonely. its the opposite. i want to distance myself from the 'vogue' lifestyle. i want to loose all these 100s of contacts/aquitances (in the US) and this extravagant complex living to come onto simple dwelling by myself and a special some one somewhere far away.... It is not easy for me. i keep having depressing thoughts since that date (due to what happened to me then)... and things really havennt in my favor since, other new things coming along the way as well... Just as PAINFUL. nothing to soothe. i look at it at a sum point of view, i have nothing else to do but break down crying.
Get professional help depression is a bitch I got out from it by becoming a chain smoker 20-30 a day were common in those days :D
But jokes aside seek professional help there is no shame in seeking treatment dimagh mein chemical imbalance hein boss don't feel shy once you are out of it you will feel like a new man

I have had depression for past few years (nearly 3.5 years to be exact) since Aug 2015. I have a flood of thoughts in my head literally 24/7. I have not been able to sleep until 1 or 2 am every night, and sometimes until 4. I remain so tired and exhausted all through out the day from this sleep mess plus the mental strain within me. These thoughts (some good and some bad) can't seem go find a way out of my head after so long. and its around the same theme for years. and these hit me so suddenly multiple times a day. as almost like a day dream but with a lot of pain. I will try my best to describe as much as I can. I get these lumps in my throat, my eyes get teary, many chills get sent down my spin, my stomach feel light and funny, and my heart feels though as someone is scrubbing thrones on it. It seems as I am loosing my nature, my vibrancy, my identity to this sickness. Because of my depression, I have stopped hanging out with most of my friends, i rarely talk to them if ever, I ignore there messages on Snapchat and texts on my number. I only talk to a few buds from school and work, which are okay. I don't want them to know about what i am going through. i don't want anyone to know in real life what I am going through. i want to fix this sh*t myself. I dont want to feel cocky, but the decisions i made 3.5 years ago I REGRET to this day and they still effect me/stay relevant. just to let everyone know, I don't feel lonely. its the opposite. i want to distance myself from the 'vogue' lifestyle. i want to loose all these 100s of contacts/aquitances (in the US) and this extravagant complex living to come onto simple dwelling by myself and a special some one somewhere far away.... It is not easy for me. i keep having depressing thoughts since that date (due to what happened to me then)... and things really havennt in my favor since, other new things coming along the way as well... Just as PAINFUL. nothing to soothe. i look at it at a sum point of view, i have nothing else to do but break down crying.

In Mid August 2010 I might have posted the same kind of stuff as well but then my friend had recently moved to Malaysia and offered me to come and i went and spent a month and a half with him and did cut myself off from almost everything and everyone back home and since then Alhamdulillah i am fine even after coming to the same set up and people. i could cope with situation better and eventually solved all the mess just because i felt refreshed. Regret on decisions will take you nowhere. when i think about the decisions i made i still feel the chills going down my spine because of the loss i had to bear but i dont think about it.
i saw a beautiful quote. stop looking back its not the direction you are heading in.

GOD HAS CREATED YOU FOR A REASON. FIND IT.

Reason for our creation is clear, in The Holy Quran.

I used to Tabligh Jamat few years back. Few months Before Aug ‘15. I had completely forgotten about it. I felt so good within and after. My whole life was changed when I went last time. Thanks for reminding me. I need to go on Tabligh some time soon. It is long overdue. It must be done.

Whatever incident that was, it has had a negative effect on your soul. Depression is a sign of a sick soul. Remembrance of Allah make you feel 'so good within and after' so start again.

I have been through severe depression in life, whilst I was earning a lot of money and blowing it away on all the wrong things and acts. Antidepressants didn't help neither did the £150 an hour shrink consultations. To cut the long story short, change in environment (specifically the company, i.e. friends), reading the Quran and listening to the Seerah of Prophet PBUH brought me out of it. It has been a journey but the peace (sakoon) now I would never substitute with that previous life. And for this, I thank Allah SWT every day - Gratitude is the best cure for depression.

Change your city or area to be close to the people of Deen - go sit in a mosque even, to soak the calmness even if it's not prayer time. Keep out the negative people in your life who are in to this material world.

Do a sincere Tauba and say bismillah before doing everything. The more your remember Allah throughout the day, life will become easier.

Last edited:
If you need to get away, visit Turkey, Makkah, or Pakistan to get more in touch with your Islamic roots and soil.

Everyone here gave really good advice. In sha Allah, you will get over it soon.[/QUOTE]

Pakistan probably is better than Turkey if you want to go back to roots lol, Istanbul has bars lol

Reason for our creation is clear, in The Holy Quran.

Whatever incident that was, it has had a negative effect on your soul. Depression is a sign of a sick soul. Remembrance of Allah make you feel 'so good within and after' so start again.

I have been through severe depression in life, whilst I was earning a lot of money and blowing it away on all the wrong things and acts. Antidepressants didn't help neither did the £150 an hour shrink consultations. To cut the long story short, change in environment (specifically the company, i.e. friends), reading the Quran and listening to the Seerah of Prophet PBUH brought me out of it. It has been a journey but the peace (sakoon) now I would never substitute with that previous life. And for this, I thank Allah SWT every day - Gratitude is the best cure for depression.

Change your city or area to be close to the people of Deen - go sit in a mosque even, to soak the calmness even if it's not prayer time. Keep out the negative people in your life who are in to this material world.

Do a sincere Tauba and say bismillah before doing everything. The more your remember Allah throughout the day, life will become easier.

Yes, gratitude is the best cure of depression.

And they don’t judge.
hmmmmmm hun asi stranger ho gaye sahi sahi :coffee:
that's the worst mistake one does in this situation.you should be doing the opposite here. i am no expert but i can give you one advise and that is text these guys ASAP .don't say sorry or anything just a simple hello and converse with casually. then after day or two start sliping in the problems that you have been facing in the past 3 years in the conversations.
i can't emphasize it enough TALKING TO SOMEONE THAT YOU IS LISTENING DON'T JUST HELPS YOU IT DO WONDERS. the longer you will keep it inside you the more it's gonna hurt. just like gas leak you need to vent it all out or you will explode with full force mate. just remember human beings are social animals (some less than others) and we need positive social interaction to survive and for a positive relation you need both parties to be like that.i know in your condition it seems near impossible to stay positive while interacting with someone (and i don't mean small talks here) so fake it(there is a reason they say fake it till you make it) fake the positivity for first few weeks it will give your relations a positive base and after that a time will come when you will realize that you aren't even faking it anymore it is coming naturally in that relation that you have genuinely started to care about them and they about you. trust me you don't need heaps of friends just few relationships like these will be enough to atleast pull you up. they will make you realize that you are not alone they are there to catch you when you fall and if for some reason they can't they will be there to treat your bruises.nothing in this world gives you more confidence than this to know you have people who have your back.
in short make meaningful trustworthy friendships.be open about your problems with them let them help you or at least let them try even that feeling of being loved and knowing that someone cares is out of this world. BUILD A SUPPORT SYSTEM ONLY YOU CAN DO THAT FOR YOURSELF.the more detached you will get harder it will become for you to do that and without it my friend you can't survive in long run.
remember we attract people at our common level of woundedness or our common level of health , our common level of self-abandonment or our common level of self-care.

Last edited:
i am not an expert but like you said its been 3 and half years just try one week of 5 prayers on time with concentration. and get back to us with differences.

To be honest, changing the place only help you for short period of time. The first thing you need to do is, bring a change in yourself & in your thoughts.
It’s ok to be depressed once in a while for few hrs or a day, maybe. But if it lasts for days, get consultation.

It’s ok we all go through different phases of life. But the real thing is, how we deal with rainy days.

And watch Amanullah’s funny clips on YouTube & im not even kidding. It helps you a lot to uplift your mood.

AND REMEMBER YOU MATTER. YOUR EXISTENCE MATTERS. GOD HAS CREATED YOU FOR A REASON. FIND IT.
If he has professionals im his area that could help him he should seek them out you have no idea how todic depression can make one,s mind

Back
Top Bottom