What's new

I am learning Urdu(Nastaliq script)

Guys I have written 'Main Bharat ka rahne vala hoon'.Is it right?Please tell me.
What mistakes have i done if any?

مَےن بهارَط کا رَحَنے والا حَون

What you wrote in Roman Hindi is absolutety correct and what you wrote in Arabic, i am not sure. Oh and i mean urdu! lol

I am proud of myself.I have learnt a fair bit of Nastaliq in just one day.Now i only have to memorise the structure of the alphabets.

What you wrote in Roman Hindi is absolutety correct and what you wrote in Arabic, i am not sure. Oh and i mean urdu! lol
Why aint you sure?You dont know the script?

Hey why isn't there zabar over ر in ب ھ ا رت .
Loveicon bhai to offline hain.Koi aur bata do.

Hey happinessmark,maybe you can help me. [\quote]

We never put there zair, zabr and Paish, but they are obviously there...Perhaps in the start just in reading not in writing...it is the same as arabic people never put zair, zabar and Paish, but we can't read a single word of Quran-e-Pak with these auxillaries...These helps only in pronouciation...as you alreay know the pronouciaton of words in hindi so no need to do that...more I guess is practise and see the writen words...plus important is that how a urdu letter when come in the very 'start of a 'word' is shaped up: joined with other letter and how in the end it takes form...
so you need to check the combinations of every urdu letter with others in initial, middle and final form...it is not difficult...r+h for living ('rh'ny wala)...like w(wao+aliph) would alway be isolated...these are little rules then would work...

plust this diction would help you alot...as you will right english of any word and then it will give you corresponding urdu...(I guess even roman english)...cann't we India and Pakistan standarized a common set of roman script in for urdu/hindi...

UrduWord.com - Translation of India

above link must be check as giving english, roman and urdu version...it will help you in verifying you...please memorize just concatenation (initial+medial+final part of each letter) and as you already know hindi so it will work: here will help you on concatenation part which is more important and will help you avoiding zair+zabar+paish confusion...

http://users.skynet.be/hugocoolens/newurdu/newurdu.html

I have shown how your country is written in urdu on this dictionary...prayers requested for all
If some word is not there in dictionary then we are here to help:)
cheers

Hey why isn't there zabar over ر in ب ھ ا رت .
Loveicon bhai to offline hain.Koi aur bata do.

Hey happinessmark,maybe you can help me. [\quote]

We never put there zair, zabr and Paish, but they are obviously there...Perhaps in the start just in reading not in writing...it is the same as arabic people never put zair, zabar and Paish, but we can't read a single word of Quran-e-Pak with these auxillaries...These helps only in pronouciation...as you alreay know the pronouciaton of words in hindi so no need to do that...more I guess is practise and see the writen words...plus important is that how a urdu letter when come in the very 'start of a 'word' is shaped up: joined with other letter and how in the end it takes form...
so you need to check the combinations of every urdu letter with others in initial, middle and final form...it is not difficult...r+h for living ('rh'ny wala)...like w(wao+aliph) would alway be isolated...these are little rules then would work...

plust this diction would help you alot...as you will right english of any word and then it will give you corresponding urdu...(I guess even roman english)...cann't we India and Pakistan standarized a common set of roman script in for urdu/hindi...

UrduWord.com - Translation of India

I have shown how your country is written in urdu on this dictionary...prayers requested for all :)

cheers

Thanks mate.Ya the combinations of different alphabets give totally different shapes in some instances and thats what i have to work on.

BTW could you tell whether this is right?I have written 'hindi aur urdu khariboli ki santaan hain'.

حِندی اَور اُردُو کهڑِیبولِی کی ثنتان حےں

bro, I've update above response...please check out both links, as I see you are realy serious in learning something...I'll learn hindi someday Inshallah, as it five years before I checked out audio etc ...but ...It is not very much feasible considering my running circumstance...

Our Poet Ghalib said:

Hazaaron khwahishen aisi ke har khwahish pe dam nikle
Bohat niklay mere armaan, lekin phir bhi kam nikle

Thanks mate.Ya the combinations of different alphabets give totally different shapes in some instances and thats what i have to work on.

BTW could you tell whether this is right?I have written 'hindi aur urdu khariboli ki santaan hain'.

I don't know how to type urdu letter from here...how you people doing...where are preferences here? how to switch keyboard here (fonts?)...

plus there are words in hindi I guess which I don't know in urdu...
YOu mean hindi and urdu are the true (khari) boli (langue) sanan (symbol=pehchaan??)...so stuck on your phrase a bit

ھندی اور اردو کھری بولی کی سنتان ہیں

ھندی اور اردو کھری بولی کی سنتان ہیں

santan? is it same as pehchan? what is its equivalent english or urdu word?
In my opinion but not sure surely, loveicon bro word 'hindi' ka 'hay' aik ankh (eye) wala 'hay' na ho ga, as word hindi is borrowed from hindu word?...I'm afraid not very much profficient (thoug too good in urdu), but I guess both can be use interchangeably perhap?
aik ankh(eye) wala 'hay' kahan use hota hi aur two eyes wala kahan hota hay?

I'm confused, looking I'm forgetting writing out of practise...sorry for confusing others....
if i remember hindostaan word is like hindi you writen loveicon bro...so hindi you writen is fine...so both 'hay' used ineterchangeable I feel...

Yesterday I was talking to a muslim friend(who can read both devnagari and nastaliq) of mine and he told me that devnagari is far easier than nastaliq script.I didn't buy his arguement and came back home and scrounged the net to find the truth.Then i struck upon a website that shows how to learn urdu through hindi alphabets.

What website are you using mate?

Santaan means offspring.

I don't know how to type urdu letter from here...how you people doing...where are preferences here? how to switch keyboard here (fonts?)...

plus there are words in hindi I guess which I don't know in urdu...
YOu mean hindi and urdu are the true (khari) boli (langue) sanan (symbol=pehchaan??)...so stuck on your phrase a bit

Just open google translate, you can type in roman and after pressing space it will automatically converted to Urdu-script.

Google Translate

In my opinion but not sure surely, loveicon bro word 'hindi' ka 'hay' aik ankh (eye) wala 'hay' na ho ga, as word hindi is borrowed from hindu word?...I'm afraid not very much profficient (thoug too good in urdu), but I guess both can be use interchangeably perhap?
aik ankh(eye) wala 'hay' kahan use hota hi aur two eyes wala kahan hota hay?

I'm confused, looking I'm forgetting writing out of practise...sorry for confusing others....
if i remember hindostaan word is like hindi you writen loveicon bro...so hindi you writen is fine...so both 'hay' used ineterchangeable I feel...

Santan = childs/branches type of word i think
I am not sure but i agree with you aik ankh or do ankh wali haay is interchangeable.

Oh I knew it can be typed on google, but you mean then they will be pasteable here I see...Many thanks!

But i am using digital urdu keyboard and then paste it here.

Enough of urdu for today.I will now come back later.Thank you for helping guys.:wave::enjoy::pakistan:

Back
Top Bottom