What's new

Hyderabad funds case -- UK Court announces verdict in favor of Pakistan

@Joe Shearer
Sir little confusion Pakistan is not asking for full money but as agreed on share when British left every thing divided between the two so this money also should be divided. Pakistan only claims its share not the full amount.

I don't know the details of Pakistan's case in the present instance, but this was the Nizam's sovereign decision, to send the money to Britain for onward transmission to Pakistan (he had offered to fund Pakistan and his offer had been accepted). However, after the Indian take-over of Hyderabad, he lost control over the money, still then in a British bank. It was then that the Indian asked the British bank for the money back. My understanding is that Pakistan objected vehemently, stating that the money was meant for that nation, that the sovereign of Hyderabad had in mind to gift it to Pakistan, and therefore the original intention should be kept.

No portion of the money of the princely states was subject to division with Pakistan; only the funds and assets of the Crown Colony of India were to be divided.

I don't know the details of Pakistan's case in the present instance, but this was the Nizam's sovereign decision, to send the money to Britain for onward transmission to Pakistan (he had offered to fund Pakistan and his offer had been accepted). However, after the Indian take-over of Hyderabad, he lost control over the money, still then in a British bank. It was then that the Indian asked the British bank for the money back. My understanding is that Pakistan objected vehemently, stating that the money was meant for that nation, that the sovereign of Hyderabad had in mind to gift it to Pakistan, and therefore the original intention should be kept.

No portion of the money of the princely states was subject to division with Pakistan; only the funds and assets of the Crown Colony of India were to be divided.
Wohi tu Saab Hyderabad no more princely state and the funds should be divided between the two..Anyways even i am not aware of full case history.

Hmmmm.......I see. But we already freed you people and gave you your independence last I checked, so we shouldn't have anything to do with this issue anymore.
Hey from the island where sun does not shine, it was not you who freed them but they saved the Britains's arse which was set on fire the great Hitler. British rats were left with no option but to retirn to the hole (island) so they had to do it.

Hey from the island where sun does not shine, it was not you who freed them but they saved the Britains's arse which was set on fire the great Hitler. British rats were left with no option but to retirn to the hole (island) so they had to do it.
You meant we were not the one who freed YOU isn't it?:D Or you consider yourself American now?:sick:

Wohi tu Saab Hyderabad no more princely state and the funds should be divided between the two..Anyways even i am not aware of full case history.

Hmm. Interesting.

Does that mean that in your opinion, ALL the assets of ALL the princely states should have been divided between India and Pakistan? Not just the assets of British India alone?

You do know the difference, right?

Hmm. Interesting.

Does that mean that in your opinion, ALL the assets of ALL the princely states should have been divided between India and Pakistan? Not just the assets of British India alone?

You do know the difference, right?
As already admited i am just a Tifl e maktab (Pre School Student) and you are the ultimate boss please don't drag me into technical point scoring.
Sir as you knows better than me since no arguments.
App jeetey mien hara bas hamara hisa humien de do ab to Gandhi G b nahien hien jo hunger strike ker k hamara hisa dilwa dyen aor extrimist sangizz ki goli bhi kha lyen.
Regards,
Fauji don't hate Fauji but they still fights.
To be continued......

As already admited i am just a Tifl e maktab (Pre School Student) and you are the ultimate boss please don't drag me into technical point scoring.
Sir as you knows better than me since no arguments.
App jeetey mien hara bas hamara hisa humien de do ab to Gandhi G b nahien hien jo hunger strike ker k hamara hisa dilwa dyen aor extrimist sangizz ki goli bhi kha lyen.
Regards,
Fauji don't hate Fauji but they still fights.
To be continued......

Ah, you are referring to Gandhi's hunger strike to give Pakistan her share of the treasury? Why didn't you say so? It would have saved so much puzzlement.

Gandhi's hunger strike was about the Government of India funds.

India was at the time of Independence, before Pakistan was created, in two portions: a Crown Colony known as (British) India, governed by a Governor-General, and 562 princely states which governed themselves but left all matters relating to defence and communications and foreign relations to the suzerain power, the British Crown, which was represented in India by the same person who was Governor-General, but titled the Viceroy, the representative of the British monarch in India.

In 1947, two Dominions were created. The British Crown Colony became independent, as India, except those portions that were carved out of her as Pakistan. The moment this happened, the Viceroy ceased to be, but the Governor-General continued, as head of each Dominion. Mountbatten, the former Viceroy, remained as Governor-General of India, but Jinnah became Governor-General of Pakistan.

These Dominions were self-governing, in that the British did not rule, but they were still headed by the British monarch.

It had been decided that the assets of British India only, of the Crown Colony only, would be divided among the two Dominions of India and Pakistan. It was the delay in parting with the funds allocated to Pakistan by the arrangement that provoked Gandhi to go on hunger strike.

It was nowhere the case that the funds of the princely states should be divided.

Just for your information.

Therefore, it is nowhere the case that the Hyderabad funds are to be divided.

These funds were a sum of 1.0 mn. Pds Stg which was sent to the Pakistan representative in London with an intention to use it for easing the difficult ways and means situation in Pakistan. That gentleman, without clear instructions, promptly put the whole amount in a bank - or maybe it was the representative of the Nizam who did so - and kept himself out of any controversy. The money remained in the name of the Nizam.

Before the sum could be transferred to Pakistan, India took over Hyderabad. Now, there were three legal possibilities:

1. It belonged to the Nizam until 1967, and, after his death in that year, to his heir, or a collection of his eligible heirs;
  2. It belonged to the Nizam and his heirs, and to the Government of India, which was the successor state of Hyderabad;
  3. It belonged to the Nizam and his heirs, and the Government of India, and the Government of Pakistan, since the Nizam had intended the money for the use of Pakistan originally, and it was only an accident that the money was not transferred.
The courts are deciding which of these three applies.

@risingsinga This is what i wanted to tell u.....the real face of shining supa powa India....
Thanks for tagging me my friend but actually I was wondering what is it about, then OP has two videos both in either Urdu or Hindi....However reading through other posts what i got there was some conflict between India and Pakistan about the money and Pakistan won it as UK decided on merit...Right? Please feel free to add what I have missed here.

Thanks for tagging me my friend but actually I was wondering what is it about, then OP has two videos both in either Urdu or Hindi....However reading through other posts what i got there was some conflict between India and Pakistan about the money and Pakistan won it as UK decided on merit...Right? Please feel free to add what I have missed here.

Heh.

Not quite.

The Pakistani government wanted it arbitrated, and that was rejected. The Indian government wanted the Pakistani government to be dismissed as a party, and that too was rejected. The trial is yet to commence. The judgement is yet to come.

If you want a quick 'what-the-butler-saw' view, please take a look at my post above.

I shall ignore the swipe taken at India and Indians by @PaklovesTurkiye ; discretion, in this case, being the better part of valour!

Heh.

Not quite.

The Pakistani government wanted it arbitrated, and that was rejected. The Indian government wanted the Pakistani government to be dismissed as a party, and that too was rejected. The trial is yet to commence. The judgement is yet to come.

If you want a quick 'what-the-butler-saw' view, please take a look at my post above.

I shall ignore the swipe taken at India and Indians by @PaklovesTurkiye ; discretion, in this case, being the better part of valour!
Okay thanks for the info. Since I did not know much about the background. For me subcontinent is an interesting area to study but I really don't know where to begin with. However I have started with reading about the Muslim dynasties of India like Mughals and others and from there it will move forward in time towards modern states of Pakistan and India. PDF is a nice forum but sometimes there are a lot trolling and facts are lost there but if you ask a question, someone answers :)

Heh.

Not quite.

:-)......Lets see who get the funds. I will congratulate if money goes to India. I m more interested in Kohi Noor Heera.......the diamond for which Pakistanis and Indians both are curious and want it back to their respective countries......

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom