What's new

Hunting down Shias: Society’s deafening silence

There are no sectarian problem but some powers are busy in creating this sort of problems to abolish the peace of our motherland :angry:

Again mate, I was just giving an advise. Its your country, you d know better.

Sure there can be a foreign angle to all this, but that doesn't mean that there are no willing partners in crime inside Pakistan.

Shia Hazaras are killed in Balochistan, BLA must have done it. Shias in Karachi are killed, foreign players must have done it. Shias in GB are killed TTP must have done it. Do you see a pattern? You guys are shying away from the problem, not sure how is that supposed to help in the wrong run.

I mean in a country where only 50% of Sunnis consider their Shia countrymen as Muslims, and in a country where organizations like LeJ operates openly, don't you think these could very well be sectarian attacks?

image001.png

There are no sectarian problem but some powers are busy in creating this sort of problems to abolish the peace of our motherland :angry:

but why only shias.even if let us say,foreign powers are involved,then they cant be there without internal support.

and if only a specific community is targeted,naturally they feel threatened.

Dont give the problem a clolor, which has been tried to tinge in the article..... Its a national issue..... The society is silent because every one knows the condition now only requires a flame to turn everything into ashes.. As being done in sYRIA.... The "patience" should not be termed as "silence".... Both Shias and Sunnies are facing huge looses of all forms....

The title should appropriately have been read, Hunting down Pakistanis, Society’s deafening silence. Its just not about the Shias, but Sunnis have suffered as well and at times worse then this. That does not make this tragedy any less a tragedy. So rather then highlighting it as a sectarian issue, it should be highlighted as an issue that plagues us all, and effects us all equally.

Source: http://www.defence.pk/forums/pakist...ociety-s-deafening-silence.html#ixzz2MZWGejy5

This is hat I posted tell me how is that wrong, and any different then what you are saying.

and now,you read post 13 and try mending your business.

Post 13 was a rant by someone who cant see straight, and so are your comments who just want to score some brownie points while he can. And I am minding my own business, that is Pakistan, it is you who are wrong, and at the wrong place with the wrong attitude.

Point is that no one cared of Sunni-Shia game. But the reality is that the premise behind the attack. Sectarian attack is different from other terrorist attack.

Like in India, when Hyderabad bomb blast, Hindus and Muslims got killed, so we called it killing of Indians. Similarly most of the terrorists goal has to kill as many people as they can irrespective of their sect.

In case of Quetta and Karachi, they targeted Shias only. There were pre-attack declarations of possible mass killing.

Having said that, Sunnis should stand with Shias as terrorist are hurting very fabric of your society, the unity.

Of course Sunnis have died in other attacks but Shias also died in same attack. Here in these few cases, entire target was Shia, the attack was based on Sect, not on Nationality.

So far all I see is that people are playing into terrorists hand saying Shias are crying way too much forgetting that you all lived together for decades and built this country of yours.

@Mirzay @Hyperion can you explain as to why are Pakistani People not getting outraged over these terrorists incidents which have now become a weekly affair & asking the GOP as to what actions have been taken to stop them??

I mean, if such huge casualty would have occurred in a terrorist incident on Indian soil, you would have seen all 1.2 billion Indians on streets.

Remember Mumbai 26/11??

Last edited by a moderator:
Whatever the title should read and whether they are muslims or not, shias are human beings also yaar. Please protect them. Protect all of yourselves of course, but dino din shia ke marne ka news sun ke dil mein kuch hota hai. As Indians we feel it more because we think of you as brothers.

The title should appropriately have been read, Hunting down Pakistanis, Society’s deafening silence. Its just not about the Shias, but Sunnis have suffered as well and at times worse then this. That does not make this tragedy any less a tragedy. So rather then highlighting it as a sectarian issue, it should be highlighted as an issue that plagues us all, and effects us all equally.

Absolutely 100% true.

I am Shia and I agree that we should view this as a Pakistani problem for all Pakistanis.

Already in other threads we see people fighting over who is Shia and who is not; people adding tallies to see how many Shia victims v/s how many Sunni victims.

Turning this into a Shia-Sunni conflict only helps our enemies.

Point is that no one cared of Sunni-Shia game. But the reality is that the premise behind the attack. Sectarian attack is different from other terrorist attack.

Like in India, when Hyderabad bomb blast, Hindus and Muslims got killed, so we called it killing of Indians. Similarly most of the terrorists goal has to kill as many people as they can irrespective of their sect.

In case of Quetta and Karachi, they targeted Shias only. There were pre-attack declarations of possible mass killing.

Having said that, Sunnis should stand with Shias as terrorist are hurting very fabric of your society, the unity.

Of course Sunnis have died in other attacks but Shias also died in same attack. Here in these few cases, entire target was Shia, the attack was based on Sect, not on Nationality.

So far all I see is that people are playing into terrorists hand saying Shias are crying way too much forgetting that you all lived together for decades and built this country of yours.
exactly my point krait.and in the end,they just say mind your own business,but are reluctant to mend(even acknowledge)their problem.

Again mate, I was just giving an advise. Its your country, you d know better.

Sure there can be a foreign angle to all this, but that doesn't mean that there are no willing partners in crime inside Pakistan.

Shia Hazaras are killed in Balochistan, BLA must have done it. Shias in Karachi are killed, foreign players must have done it. Shias in GB are killed TTP must have done it. Do you see a pattern? You guys are shying away from the problem, not sure how is that supposed to help in the wrong run.

I mean in a country where only 50% of Sunnis consider their Shia countrymen as Muslims, and in a country where organizations like LeJ operates openly, don't you think these could very well be sectarian attacks?

image001.png

so now blaming the BLA, TTP is a part of conspiracy theory now?

in karachi there is significant among of BLA supporters, so no wonder if BLA had supported such attacks in karachi

It proven that unity can make change. . Come out to make change...

Imran sees

Even beloved IK of Pakistani posters is calling it Sectarian Violence.

how convenient, you failed to read even the basic thing, he puts blame on 'global conspiracy' try to read it first before posting

LAHORE: Pakistan Tehrik-i-Insaf (PTI) chief Imran Khan said Monday that a larger “global conspiracy” exists behind fueling violence between Shia and Sunni sects in Pakistan, DawnNews reported.

“Similar to Iraq, Lebanon and Bahrain, sectarian violence in Pakistan is part of a larger global conspiracy,” said Khan, speaking to reporters in Lahore.

However, the PTI chief put responsibility of the country’s security situation on President Asif Ali Zardari(shia president of pakistan) and Pakistan Muslim League – Nawaz (PML-N) chief Mian Nawaz Sharif.

“Zardari(shia) does not have the time to pay attention to the situation in the country,” he said. “These corrupt politicians have become billionaires in the past five years.”

Khan accused the country’s two biggest political parties of making seat adjustments with terrorist organisations for the coming elections. He also accused the political parties in Sindh(shia chief minister) of providing safe havens to terrorist elements involved in sectarian violence.

The PTI chief urged the people to vote wisely in the upcoming general elections and not elect parties with armed militant wings. He claimed that, if elected, his party would cleanse the country of the menace of terrorism.

if the shia heads are responsibile then this isnt any sectarian issue in the first place

This is a sectarian attack !!! and this type of killings Sunnis vs Shias are not new to Pakistan or any where else in this world. The current scenario is a painful one for Pakistan itself.
The forces behind these attacks are getting mixed up with the security establishment some times like LEJ and are some times funded by external forces.

The main aim is to create divide and polarize the Pakistani society to such an extent, such that the situation leads to total chaos and anarchy. There by creating a powerful enemy within Pakistan. People are even afraid to support their Shia brothers and sisters says the amount of panic and fear in majority moderate sunnis.

These are testing times for Pakistan and "when the going gets tough only the tough one gets going".

Time will only tell.

Back
Top Bottom