What's new

Humiliated and Disgraced Indian Airforce Removes AOC Srinagar for Debacle of Shooting Down Own MI17

The Dust has settled, Humiliation blended in, Elections are done......safe to reveal the reality.
Such professionalism displayed by the Indians during a minor skirmish, imagine what would happen in a full scale war.
Indian Army is professional too. Why did they mess up, I think govt and military were not on the same page. IAF planned and attacked Balakot in hurry and against their wishes.

Modi ji abhi kursi py baithy nahi aap ny pehly hi pataka lagany ki tayyari kar li hai unki tashreef ky neechy:)

Modi may like it. "Pataaka" may expand his @$$ to 56", as well. Then he may be called "Double 56" Modi".

Indian Army is professional too. Why did they mess up, I think govt and military were not on the same page. IAF planned and attacked Balakot in hurry and against their wishes.
There was total chaos after the first AMRAAM was fired. The IAF air defence had gone bonkers. They fired in panic.

Modi will bring in more clouds next time so that pakistani radars can't see them
He may even award the SAM battery for being alert and responding to the threat and claim the Helicopter was in the wrong place.

The Dust has settled, Humiliation blended in, Elections are done......safe to reveal the reality.
Such professionalism displayed by the Indians during a minor skirmish, imagine what would happen in a full scale war.

1965, 1948, Kargil

The truth is engulfed in india ego and bull shit

Hold on, where are all the Bhartis' right now?

M.i.A...

Lets see what they have to say. I'm sure they'll come up with some b.s...starting with the usual: DGIS PR - 2nd Pilot - Reuters not allowed to site - :argh::blah:

the question raises here is what was the mission of that helicopter?
i think and i am sure it was on a mission to find downed su-30mki.

IAF now needs to come clear about the mission this heli was on, considering the hot zone it was operating in, with dog fighting going on not far away.

A Mi 17 chopper with 7 people already on board ..on a rescue mission..lol.

Bharti making diagram with paper and marker. They will draw few lines and then explain this is what happened actually.

Bharti making diagram with paper and marker. They will draw few lines and then explain this is what happened actually.

Funny, that Pakistan couldn't even come with that or any proof whatsoever, for their claims of shooting down Su 30. Despite tall claims "The proof is coming".

Even as an inquiry into the February 27 crash of an Mi-17 helicopter at Budgam near Srinagar nears completion, the Indian Air Force has removed the Air Officer Commanding (AOC) of the Srinagar air base — a move to show that procedural lapses will not go unpunished.

All six airmen on board the helicopter and a civilian on ground were killed. The helicopter was downed by a surface-to-air missile (SAM) of IAF, which assumed the helicopter to be a hostile platform.

The Russian-made copter crashed at 10.05 am — around the same time as Indian and Pakistani fighters were engaging each other over Nowshera in Jammu and Kashmir. Wing Commander Abhinandan Varthaman’s jet was downed around 10.30 am.

The AOC of IAF base is the seniormost officer.

An ongoing inquiry into the accident has indicated lapses leading to the accident. The Air Traffic Control had called back the helicopter as an air duel between Indian and Pakistani jets escalated. This is being seen as a lapse as the helicopter should have been sent away to a safer zone instead of being called back to Srinagar. Also, as the copter was returning, it should have been made to land at the designated safe spot.

On ground, the missile system and air defence guns fire away at aircraft or helicopters which can’t be identified.

The crucial identification or the Friend or Foe (IFF) system on the Mi-17 helicopter was switched off, which was against laid down procedures. The IFF is a system on board a helicopter or plane that automatically transmits a unique identification signal.

That the IFF would remain mandatorily switched on was a decision taken last year after a near mid-air accident between a Sukhoi-30 fighter jet and a transport plane of the IAF. Though the IAF issued instructions that the IFF system should be switched on, the Srinagar air base had issued contradictory orders.

Sources said the IAF could consider criminal charges against those found having committed lapses.

https://www.tribuneindia.com/news/nation/copter-crash-self-hit--iaf-commander-out/775881.html
https://www.upi.com/Archives/1987/0...Pakistani-F-16-US-in-a-coverup/8251553579200/

Back
Top Bottom