What's new

Human Right abuses continue in Tibet

Jackdaws

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
India
BEIJING — Chinese security forces have locked down a Tibetan monastery in western China and clashed with local residents as they blocked troops from taking monks away, Tibetan rights groups and an exiled monk said Wednesday.

The tensions are the latest troubles at Kirti monastery, which has seen recurring unrest against Chinese rule for the last three years. A 20-year-old monk at Kirti set himself on fire last month in protest against Beijing, making his death a focal point for local anger and setting up the latest round of tensions.

Full Article - Tibetan monastery in China under lockdown amid tensions following self-immolation - The Washington Post

This is from the Washington Post - latest news section. If you can refute it, please do so. If you can't, that is fine too. But please do not engage in mud-slinging and personal attacks - that is not have we debate issues in democratic societies.

All societies have human rights abuses. This is not one of them. These are necessary precautions taken to ensure no terrorist attacks occur like they did 3 years ago. It is better to imprison 1000, than to let 1 die. Mistakes can be fixed, lives must be saved.

All societies have human rights abuses. This is not one of them. These are necessary precautions taken to ensure no terrorist attacks occur like they did 3 years ago. It is better to imprison 1000, than to let 1 die. Mistakes can be fixed, lives must be saved.

Which terrorist attacks?

There is freedom in India. The freedom to have your money exported to Swiss Banks. In corruption, if India says its #2, who dares say its #1? How do you know your corrupt politicians are not buying your media to feed you propaganda about Shining India? They openly admit they buy votes, buying media is nothing. 1.5 trillion buys alot.

There is freedom in India. The freedom to have your money exported to Swiss Banks. In corruption, if India says its #2, who dares say its #1? How do you know your corrupt politicians are not buying your media to feed you propaganda about Shining India? They openly admit they buy votes, buying media is nothing. 1.5 trillion buys alot.

Ahem - because it is the media which actually has been holding them accountable. Then there is something called the opposition who exploits every piece of news it can. Slots of advertisements can be bought on media - some political outfits have their own media outlets too. But these are complex workings of a democracy - maybe one day the Chinese too will be able to experience it.

Definitely saving this for everyone to see the mentality of the Chinese boys here.

tibetan look exactly the same as chinese, why they suddenly become so cute and adorable, to receive love from the west?:blink::undecided:

the yankees r so care of asian, it moves me:cry: my eyes full of tears now:cry::cry::cry:

tibetan look exactly the same as chinese, why they suddenly become so cute and adorable, to receive love from the west and India?:blink::undecided:

Most Tibetans feel most affiliated with the Han Chinese, and i doubt they will trust anyone else more than us.

So from your logic, in the case of India... Politicians feeding Indians propoganda is a "maybe" (yet to be proven)...

But in the case of China with its state controlled media, dont you think thats already a reality?
(Please dont quote me the example of HK as that is just a miniscule portion of China)

---------- Post added at 05:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:35 PM ----------

Most Tibetans feel most affiliated with the Han Chinese, and i doubt they will trust anyone else more than us.

How did you get to the term "Most"? Please explain.

Oh, and the "terrorist attacks" were carried out by Buddhist monks. Take that Osama!
What would reactions be if every Americans on this forum advocate this position: 'After 9/11, it is better to imprison all the muslims in the US, than to let one of them kill another American on US soil. Mistakes can be fixed, lives must be saved.' ? Am willing to bet that every single Chinese members here would become passionate human rights advocate toot-sweet.

So, I take that Americans are being abused in Tibet? Wow, after killed hundreds of thousands in Iraq, Afghanistan, and Libya...

What would reactions be if every Americans on this forum advocate this position: 'After 9/11, it is better to imprison all the muslims in the US, than to let one of them kill another American on US soil. Mistakes can be fixed, lives must be saved.' ? Am willing to bet that every single Chinese members here would become passionate human rights advocate toot-sweet.

I haven't seen anyone here advocating imprisoning all Tibetan monks in China. As the article said that particular monastery has a history of anti-government activities. I doubt if many Chinese here would object if after 9/11 the U.S. decided to take some clerics from a mosque that has a history of producing terrorists away for questioning or even pursue legal charges against them.

Back
Top Bottom