What's new

Huge Projects of Türkiye

Turkey astrophysics universities lack such equipment to fulffil their research needs... since the previous one, is not enough to prusue more advanced research on that matter who has a diameter of 1.5m...
With current data management...this project is alright to perform accordingly to the needs for researchers...
this DAG will provide corrections of telescope low-order aberrations at a low temporal bandwidth (typically 0.01 Hz to 1 Hz)

If it does have a good purpose that will benefit the research of universities at this point, I'm ok with that. I hope that it will be utilized properly. Saying that you're making the "biggest" of a certain region, makes you think why the others haven't actually made it that large. That's why I've become sort of prejudices against such things. Melih Gökçek announced that he was going to make the "biggest theme park of Europe". I always thought: why? In the end, big doesn't always equal best. Nevertheless, hopefully this project will turn out to be something good. I would actually want to take a trip to Erzurum when it is finished, up and running. I went to Ankara University's observatory in Ankara and it was perhaps small, but it had sparked something in me. This research facility may perhaps one day open its gates to Erzurum's people and steer them towards science and technology even more.

If it does have a good purpose that will benefit the research of universities at this point, I'm ok with that. I hope that it will be utilized properly. Saying that you're making the "biggest" of a certain region, makes you think why the others haven't actually made it that large. That's why I've become sort of prejudices against such things. Melih Gökçek announced that he was going to make the "biggest theme park of Europe". I always thought: why? In the end, big doesn't always equal best. Nevertheless, hopefully this project will turn out to be something good. I would actually want to take a trip to Erzurum when it is finished, up and running. I went to Ankara University's observatory in Ankara and it was perhaps small, but it had sparked something in me. This research facility may perhaps one day open its gates to Erzurum's people and steer them towards science and technology even more.
Before this new one...they already had the bigger one elsewhere in EU... making one a little bigger... is the simple road of innovation... and later on, another one will make a bigger one and so on...
Thos things ar enot Buildings..;where being bigger is just for the record... for that particular DAG, bigger is better for future works/research...

Turkish Airlines has signed a provisional agreement with Airbus for 25 A350-900 ( $7,7 billion ) 05.01.2018

also in 2017 Turkish Airlines has signed argreement with Boeing for 40 Boeing 787-900 Dreamliner for $11 billion

Turkish Airlines buys 255 Planes for $ 40 billion between 2018 and 2023

-- 92 Airbus A321Neo .... $11,6 billion ( 2018-2022 )
-- 98 Boeing 737 Max .... $10 billion ( 2018-2021 )
-- 40 Boeing 787-900 Dreamliner ... $11 billion ( 2019-2023 )
-- 25 Airbus A350-900 .... $7.7 billion ( until 2023 )

also 8 Boeing 747-8İ Super Jumbo Jet $3 billion ( planed )

25 Airbus A350-900 Planes will enable Turkish Airlines to open new long-range routes, primarily to Australia

AIRBUS A350-900

I have one question about this: Did we really need this? I'm not here to criticize or I'm not taking any side of any political party or any ideology. I'm genuinely interested whether we need this. I mean, of course it is a good thing. I wish we had 10 more of these. But making such a large telescope, one would wonder whether we have the facilities to actually process all that data. Nasa or its European and Chinese equivalents have giant super computers that can analyze all the data they can receive from their telescopes and satellites etc. From what I know, we do have a few super computers but they aren't on any level that would meet such requirements. So, I'm once again asking the simple and genuine question: Did we really need this? It can aid to research of course I know that. But we're not very advanced in space engineering. Not even remotely close to what most other countries have. We only just began to have our very own functional satellites. We need to take the baby steps first, not the giant ones. I mean, this is like building a space station without having a rocket to send it out there or it is like creating an astronaut suite without even proper facilities to actually train a real astronaut. I mean come on people. We need baby steps here. I want your genuine opinion on this matter. Was this really necesary? Yani bunun yerine mesela radar sistemimizi geliştirseydik, bir kaç tane düzgün gps uydusu atsaydık, hiç değilse uydularımızı yörüngeye sokabilecek roket teknolojisine yatırımı yapsaydık olmaz mıydı? Hepsi aynı anda yapılıyor diyeceksiniz ama şu aşamaya gelinmiyor hiçbirinde. 2025 deniliyor, 2030-2040-2050 deniliyor ama zaten 2050'de biz o teknolojiye hakim olduğumuzda, adamlar Mars'ta 4. ya da 5. kolonilerini inşaa etmeye başlamış olacaklar belki de. Bu oyuna girmekte çok geç kaldık. Bir yerden başlamak gerekiyor. Ama burası mı doğru nokta acaba? Onlar Jüpiter'e Satürn'e giderken biz teleskoptan izlemeyelim.

I don't know answer of your simple question but I want to say that Mars'a filan gitmiyorlar. Satürn'e, Jüpiter'e filan da koloni kuramayacaklar. Halihazırda alçak dünya yörüngesinin dışına çıkabilmeye uğraşıyorlar. NASA'nın 2017 bütçe sunumuna bakabilirsin. Buraya da gelen iş adamı ise zaten şarlatan.

I thought I posted a question here but I dont find it anymore thus:
Does anyone know what will happen with the excess soil gained from digging Canal Istanbul?

If I am not wrong they will use it for reclaiming land from the sea near Istanbul in the same way they are doing for the new Rize- Artvin Airport or in Trabzon where they built a new stadium on a new plot in the sea.

I heard the canal is going to damage the Marmara sea? Is there any truth to this?

I heard the canal is going to damage the Marmara sea? Is there any truth to this?
Black sea is less salty than Marmara which causes different currents throught bosphorus so it may change this, what effects this would have a eco system is unknown but it would adapt to the changing environment after a while anyways, Suez canal also didnt cause a disaster.

Mother nature will handle this, as it handled severe pollution from Donau River in the Black Sea

Black sea is less salty than Marmara which causes different currents throught bosphorus so it may change this, what effects this would have a eco system is unknown but it would adapt to the changing environment after a while anyways, Suez canal also didnt cause a disaster.

Maybe no more hamsi?

there is Hamsi in Marmara and Ege but not so tasty as from Karadeniz.
the problem with hamsi from Karadeniz that it is just too warm right now in Karadeniz

Back
Top Bottom