What's new

Huge Projects of Türkiye

From TFF Euro 2024 Brochure:

New Ankara Stadium (65.307) (So happy for this design and capacity, Ankara is capital, so it deserves a stadium like this even if there is no top class league team)

ank.jpg

ank2.jpg

Istanbul Olympic Stadium Renevation (92.208)

ist.jpg

ist2.jpg

Last edited:
Was Turkey awarded to host Euro 2024 or is it a candidate?

It looks like they have plans to get rid of that ugly Olympic ring around the pitch on Istanbul stadium and draw the spectators in closer to the pitch, instead of having it far out in its current state.

Are you sure the capacity for the stadium in Ankara is above 65k? It’s a capital and it deserves a stadium which can host Turkey’s national team games, Turkish Cup finals and even Champions League finals but for EURO 2016 the proposod new stadium there had a capacity of 41k then for the proposal shown above I heard they chose a 55k so how possible it is to go for a 65k capacity now?

As for the Olympic stadium in Istanbul. It’s a nice stadium even now but it’s in the middle of nowhere and nobody will ever use it as all Istanbul teams have their own nice stadiums. The proposal looks amazing and the capacity is huge but it will be a huge waste of resources to invest hundreds of millions in a stadium that will be used in only like 5-6 games.

ps Germany will get the championship for sure because it is prepared to host it next week if they have to... They have absolutely all the needed infrastructure ready, they have the traditions and for sure a Championship there will bring huge profits. Also most UEFA members will support them for political reasons so Turkey has no chance.

Last edited:
Are you sure the capacity for the stadium in Ankara is above 65k? It’s a capital and it deserves a stadium which can host Turkey’s national team games, Turkish Cup finals and even Champions League finals but for EURO 2016 the proposod new stadium there had a capacity of 41k then for the proposal shown above I heard they chose a 55k so how possible it is to go for a 65k capacity now?

Well, yes first they mentioned +40K, then revised to 55K but now it's 65K.

It's written in official brochure of TFF which is presented to UEFA yesterday:
http://www.tff.org/Resources/Tamsaha/UEFA_EURO24_BROSUR_TR5/

When considering there are +40K stadiums in cities like Konya, Bursa, Trabzon it would be unfair to build a stadium which is lower than +50K in 2nd biggest city of Turkey, which has 2x, 3x population of those cities.

About tournament, even 2016 was our right, then 2020 and now 2024! We would definitely be ready at that time. But even if they show their ugly hyprocite face, I'd be happy to have those 2 iconic stadium in our country.

Well, yes first they mentioned +40K, then revised to 55K but now it's 65K.

It's written in official brochure of TFF which is presented to UEFA yesterday:
http://www.tff.org/Resources/Tamsaha/UEFA_EURO24_BROSUR_TR5/

When considering there are +40K stadiums in cities like Konya, Bursa, Trabzon it would be unfair to build a stadium which is lower than +50K in 2nd biggest city of Turkey, which has 2x, 3x population of those cities.

About tournament, even 2016 was our right, then 2020 and now 2024! We would definitely be ready at that time. But even if they show their ugly hyprocite face, I'd be happy to have those 2 iconic stadium in our country.

We should have won Euro 2016 but Michelle Platini was a president of UEFA then and he did whatever he can to make France a host. In the final voting we lost 7:6.

Then when Turkey was the only country bidding to host in 2020 UEFA decided to make a European wide Championship played around different stadiums in Europe only because they didn’t want Turkey to host.

Those two examples show you what their policy towards Turkey is.

As for the stadiums I am all for Ankara getting a new huge stadium like the one above but a new Olympic stadium in Istanbul will be a huge waste of resources. Even the current one is a white elephant in the middle of nowhere.

From TFF Euro 2024 Brochure:

New Ankara Stadium (65.307) (So happy for this design and capacity, Ankara is capital, so it deserves a stadium like this even if there is no top class league team)

ank.jpg

ank2.jpg

Istanbul Olympic Stadium Renevation (92.208)

ist.jpg

ist2.jpg
WOW...amazing..Turkey can host world cup also

We should have won Euro 2016 but Michelle Platini was a president of UEFA then and he did whatever he can to make France a host. In the final voting we lost 7:6.

Then when Turkey was the only country bidding to host in 2020 UEFA decided to make a European wide Championship played around different stadiums in Europe only because they didn’t want Turkey to host.

As for the stadiums I am all for Ankara getting a new huge stadium like the one above but a new Olympic stadium in Istanbul will be a huge waste of resources. Even the current one is a white elephant in the middle of nowhere.

You are right about UEFA's ugly stance and Olympic Stadium's current situation but with this new skin it would be more functional in my opinion. It would be a good place for concerts and similar events except 2-3 important matches in a year. (After all, it's main purpose was/is being an olympic stadium)

The sad truth is "Olympic" stadiums mainly used to host huge world events such as the Olympics, World Cups and so on, are only used handful of times then abandoned for the most. If you have a look at Olympic Parks around the globe, they are most rotting away dissolute areas where vegetation and nature eventually takes over or worst, are areas/shelter for where the homeless and corrupt do their wheeling and dealing. For a quick glimpse, google images of the most recent/latest Olympic Parks from Brazil, Beijing and Athens, you will find derelict buildings and areas eventually falling weak in the natures presence.

article-2723515-207E841900000578-619_964x626.jpg

That's why World Cup hosting is an absolute waste of resources, time and money. I hope Turkey won't fall into this trap and try to promote the country by other means.

That's why World Cup hosting is an absolute waste of resources, time and money. I hope Turkey won't fall into this trap and try to promote the country by other means.

It is a waste of ressources but if you utilize existing infrastructure (and most stadiums are ready) and use it to improve infrastructure in the cities instead of filling your own pockets its not that bad.

Edit: just saw that Izmir is not part of our Euro line up, wtf.

It is a waste of ressources but if you utilize existing infrastructure (and most stadiums are ready) and use it to improve infrastructure in the cities instead of filling your own pockets its not that bad.

Edit: just saw that Izmir is not part of our Euro line up, wtf.

Because of CHP stronghold?

That's because there isn't any modern +30K stadium in İzmir.

But of course it's arguable why there is not such a stadium? There are 3 ongoing stadium projects for three clubs of İzmir (Altay, Karşıyaka, Göztepe) but biggest one is 25K unfortunately.

PS. It's not about politics. Ankara is stronghold of akp, also capital of country and lacks of modern stadium for years (İzmir has Atatürk Stadium at least) but getting its stadium after almost 30 cities.

Its certainly remarkable that Turkey 3rd biggest city and the complete Agean is left out.
I prefer Izmir over Kocaeli even though Kocaeli's stadium is pretty nice (Istanbul, Kocaeli and Bursa are pretty grouped together). And it would've been great if there was an Aegean city like Izmir in there. Would've made it easier for Greek supporters to enjoy the games as well.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom