What's new

Huge Projects of Türkiye

Use your brain instead of relying on a traitor like Dündar who left his wife back.

Education statistics:
139a02a78ce74c6082841cc8e30f3dd4.png

f15b85371bb64259b447076982553be8.png

8d5a138e10994be4b9aa0d85153c79c2.png

etc.

The number of schools is not important. They're building larger schools than 20 years ago. That's why the number of schools is declining whereas the number of teachers is increasing noticeably since AKP came to power. This latter figure is what is really important. Quality before quantity. Germany with 8,2m pupils just has ~32k schools; we have 17,1m pupils and ~60k schools.

There is no evidence based connection between the number of mosques/churches/synagogues and the education system as a whole.

As a Kemalist, you should be happy that we have an institution like Diyanet, which saved our Muslims from adopting the Arab mentality and religious worldview. Close Diyanet and make ISIS happy if you want to.

John / Jean Dundar

Yes AKP did indeed built bigger schools as well. But i still think that 80k mosque is really absurd. Religionaffairs Institution's 2017 budget is nearly ₺7billion, that is equal to nearly $2billion. If we could half this figure, and put that money into defense, that could be more useful. We are throwing $1billion to the garbage every year.

Yes AKP did indeed built bigger schools as well. But i still think that 80k mosque is really absurd. Religionaffairs Institution's 2017 budget is nearly ₺7billion, that is equal to nearly $2billion. If we could half this figure, and put that money into defense, that could be more useful. We are throwing $1billion to the garbage every year.

Love your country dude, all other is a shit

Why putting the 1Bil$ that you will spare into defence?? put it in education/hospitals/start ups...
No need into defence, turkey is spend enough.. build your economy and your ppl then money will come along...

Why putting the 1Bil$ that you will spare into defence?? put it in education/hospitals/start ups...
No need into defence, turkey spend enough.. build your economy and your ppl then, money will come...

cause we have to counterattack EU esp. germans

Next time If they are going to build a huge and fancy new mosque they can at least try to make it look a little bit more futuristic. Not that Istanbul needs any new mosques as it already has more than 3000 active ones but modern designs are something Turkey should try to build as it is a rare thing around here... Copying some 16th century designs (even though Istanbul's old mosques are pure classical beauties) and building it with cheap concrete, cranes and ugly colours is nothing else than an eye sore.

ps I talk about Camlica. Do you guys think those new mosques are really needed? I want to see what religious people think about it.
I like futuristic, modern and contemporary designs as well, but the risk of those designs is they might look ugly after a couple of decades or years even. When it comes to camlica mosque, I would've preferred like an Arabic design or something, you know something that looks different. I do think the mosque looks pretty good currently though.

As for whether it is needed, I don't know. I don't live in Istanbul or the area of Camlica. The people in charge saw a need for it and I am not going to question that. And I'm sure it adds to the existing skyline of Istanbul and fits in perfectly.

I don't agree with this, especially in the current age we live in. Cutting back on this budget would actually hurt us. Groups like Daesh/ISIS focus on the ones that have a weak grasp of the faith. This makes it easier for them to manipulate (potential & current) recruits into doing their bidding:
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...haria-religion-faith-syria-iraq-a7193086.html

It is important to educate the people so you prevent them joining groups like ISIS and it's a far more effective way to combat groups like ISIS as well as Islamophobia. One might actually think Islamophobia and ISIS are polar opposites, but they are different sides of the same coin. The manipulations both of these groups use are exactly the same and I'm sure the proxy's behind these groups are the same as well.

Cutting back on this budget would actually hurt us. Groups like FETÖ/ISIS focus on the ones that have a weak grasp of the faith.
That is true. Religion should always be under State's complete control and authority. That is why Atatürk created Religionaffairs Institution (Diyanetişleri Kurumu), to not let others interfere religion, but only State.

But this has not only related with the budget. Budget was highest records during 2002-2014, yet we saw that this did not stop FETÖ to capture biggest religious authority in the country. I dont say that budget is not important, it is. But the biggest must is the will of the Government. If Government wants other groups like FETÖ/ISIS to control religious groups, you cannot stop them even if you give $100billion budget to the religious affairs. In Turkish, there is a saying like "hırsız içeride olunca kapı kilit tutmazmış" / "door may not stand locked if the thief was inside"

We need Secular government to fight the mentallity of FETÖ/ISIS and all other cemaats/tarikats, meanwhile $1billion was clearly enough budget to control the religion.

I didnt say that we should disband Religionaffairs Institution, i just said they can do the job with half budget and that money could be so useful in defense projects.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom