What's new

Huge Projects of Türkiye

Is there a railway system between turkey and northcyprus like 'Eurutunnel'?

It suprised me, that you dont linked Northcyprus to Tukey.

Its in expensive project, which would need to be contracted to Japan or Britain/France.

And to add to that, since KKTC is still disputed area which only turkiye recognizes as an nation. Turkiye wouldn't be able to find applicants for the tender.

Last edited:
Its in expensive project, which would need to be contracted to Japan or Britain/France.

And to add to that, since KKTC is still disputed area which only turkiye recognizes as an nation. Turkiye wouldn't be able to find applicants for the tender.

Yes there is. Or rather there is an infrastructure that can possibly be used for that purpose. The water pipiline; put people in capsules and put them in the water stream; like the hyperloop. I would definitely try it.

Is there a railway system between turkey and northcyprus like 'Eurutunnel'?

Nope. Too expensive and not at all near viable. I mean a tunnel between the UK and mainland Europe is one thing. A tunnel between (a part of Cyprus) and Turkey is another. Not feasible.

Yes there is. Or rather there is an infrastructure that can possibly be used for that purpose. The water pipiline; put people in capsules and put them in the water stream; like the hyperloop. I would definitely try it.

Not safe, if the flow stopped for a reason, you would have limited air. With the tunnel you can at least walk if the train stopped working or not worry that you have a limited supply of air.

Not safe, if the flow stopped for a reason, you would have limited air. With the tunnel you can at least walk if the train stopped working or not worry that you have a limited supply of air.

No more airdroping troops; waterdrop them.

Aside from that, what is there to gain?? Feribot, Deniz otobusu is more than enough. If NC had a population of 10 million, sure. 300.000? Fk no.

AHMET VEFIK ALP

He is a Genius mind, Professor Ahmet Vefik Alp

transmar-bilgiagi.net_.jpg

@Bismarck I have to apologize. Prof. Ahmet Vefik Alp recommended a combined Bridge -tunnel Project in year 2000.

Istanbul Technical University (ITÜ) evaluated the Project as " feasible.

Kıbrıs’a rüya köprü - TG

Interesting, but I wonder he did all the calculations. We need an update on that one and see what the costs are.
He is talking about partially underwater and making islands as checkpoints for border controll

Aside from that, what is there to gain?? Feribot, Deniz otobusu is more than enough. If NC had a population of 10 million, sure. 300.000? Fk no.

It would make KKTC an easier destination for potential turkish tourist and if the tunnel can have a train connection for kargo and YHT besides a road. Which could help for closer ties into helping developing KKTC and giving the people of KKTC more opportunities and this can also give political leverage to get full Cyprus in our terms. Because in the current state of KKTC the people are quite living difficult economic situations and prefer to be a part of the official recognized Cyprus.

But if such a project would help our brethren in KKTC which will give opportunity and confidence, than I can only support such projects.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom