What's new

Huge Projects of Türkiye

Some really impressive projects in this thread. Turkey and the GCC have been the prime catalysts for growth in the MENA region for a very long time now. No wonder that both are by far the strongest economies in the MENA region and undergoing huge infrastructural projects.

A few leading Turkish firms are also taking part in huge infrastructural projects in the GCC from airports to dams in the mountainous regions of KSA if I am not mistaken.

Hopefully Turkey, the GCC and the Arab world as a whole will continue to increase their ties with each other for the benefit of both. As neighbors we should cooperate whenever we can and whenever it benefits both parties.

GCC firms can learn from Turkish firms as well.

In terms of the aviation sector where we are leading as well (Turkish Airlines, Qatar Airways, Etihad, Emirates, Saudia etc.) there is amble room for cooperation too. Many fields really.

If we can get a sane Iran onboard one day (there I said it) it might stabilize our region which would be a very good thing obviously.

All the best of luck to Turkey. Most of the Arabs have a positive view of Turkey and Turks so don't believe otherwise when you hear something else. Based on my personal life Arab-Turkish communities in France and Denmark have really good ties too.

Arab-Turkish relations are much closer than most people know.

@xenon54 @Sinan @Hakan @bsruzm @atatwolf etc.

Last edited:
Hopefully Turkey, the GCC and the Arab world as a whole will continue to increase their ties with each other for the benefit of both.

Without trying to open another debate:
It would be even better for everyone if we could overcome the old rivalries and make a cooperation between Turkey, Iran and GCC, the development of the region should have a bigger priority than ancient, unnecessary rivalries.

c1-jpg.237032
There should be a pool at the bottom, that way when the job is done you can just slide down and cool off.

Some really impressive projects in this thread. Turkey and the GCC have been the prime catalysts for growth in the MENA region for a very long time now. No wonder that both are by far the strongest economies in the MENA region and undergoing huge infrastructural projects.

A few leading Turkish firms are also taking part in huge infrastructural projects in the GCC from airports to dams in the mountainous regions of KSA if I am not mistaken.

Hopefully Turkey, the GCC and the Arab world as a whole will continue to increase their ties with each other for the benefit of both. As neighbors we should cooperate whenever we can and whenever it benefits both parties.

GCC firms can learn from Turkish firms as well.

In terms of the aviation sector where we are leading as well (Turkish Airlines, Qatar Airways, Etihad, Emirates, Saudia etc.) there is amble room for cooperation too. Many fields really.

If we can get a sane Iran onboard one day (there I said it) it might stabilize our region which would be a very good thing obviously.

All the best of luck to Turkey. Most of the Arabs have a positive view of Turkey and Turks so don't believe otherwise when you hear something else. Based on my personal life Arab-Turkish communities in France and Denmark have really good ties too.

Arab-Turkish relations are much closer than most people know.

@xenon54 @Sinan @Hakan @bsruzm @atatwolf etc.
Arabs love Turkey, I have never met a gulf arab that didn't like Turkey.

Arabs love Turkey, I have never met a gulf arab that didn't like Turkey.

Most Arabs, whether in the Arabian Peninsula (GCC) or elsewhere have a positive view of Turkey and Turks. We are after all neighbors, Muslims (majority of us at least) and have many cultural, linguistic and historical ties. Even in pre-Islamic ties the Arab Near East had close relations to what is now neighboring Turkey (Anatolia).

Of course I cannot speak in the name of 450 million or so Arabs but for sure (that I can say with confidence) the majority see Turkey and Turks in a positive light. No doubt about it.

Hakan, can you post a top 10 list of the largest projects in Turkey? That would be interesting. This thread is too big to search through.

Most Arabs, whether in the Arabian Peninsula (GCC) or elsewhere have a positive view of Turkey and Turks. We are after all neighbors, Muslims (majority of us at least) and have many cultural, linguistic and historical ties. Even in pre-Islamic ties the Arab Near East had close relations to what is now neighboring Turkey (Anatolia).

Of course I cannot speak in the name of 450 million or so Arabs but for sure (that I can say with confidence) the majority see Turkey and Turks in a positive light. No doubt about it.

Hakan, can you post a top 10 list of the largest projects in Turkey? That would be interesting. This thread is too big to search through.
@xxxKULxxx is the expert.

@xxxKULxxx brother I still have to edit your other post that you asked for I will do it soon.

@Saif al-Arab

Imo the biggest projects in Turkey (not in order):

Izmit bay bridge project:

Istanbul Canal Project:

South Eastern Anatolia Development Project:

Consists of builidng 22 damns on the euphrates and tigris rivers. It is expected to increase Turkey's water supply by ~20% and increase hydroelectric power by ~22%. It will also significantly increase the agricultural productivity in the area.

New Istanbul Airport Project:
it is planned to have 150 million annual passenger capacity so it will be the biggest in the world.

Nuclear Energy Projects:

@xxxKULxxx nice video :enjoy:

3 Layered Istanbul Tunel:

2 layers of cars 1 layer of metro-train

Nation Wide High Speed Rail:

antalya-burosunun-bolge-haberleri-1-_3769_dhaphoto13.jpg

TCDD, Marmaray, Yüksek Hızlı Tren Tanıtım Filmi - YouTube

If I remember correctly this will also connect to the silk road or something.

New Airports:

More airports are going to be built in Anatolia

These are some of the ones I think are important, other members have more knowledge

Last edited:
@Saif al-Arab Look at 1st post of this thread... We have a list of huge projects and we update it when we add a new one... There are more huge projects and when we add them we will update the list @ 1st post... And we give links of the projects at this list under the name of the project...This thread is well organized it's not complicated...

@Saif al-Arab Look at 1st post of this thread... We have a list of huge projects and we update it when we add a new one... There are more huge projects and when we add them we will update the list @ 1st post... And we give links of the projects at this list under the name of the project...This thread is well organized it's not complicated...

It's not about it being complicated I just saw this thread for the first time this Wednesday and took a quick look on the first page and the last one before I commented. I did not take my time going through all of the 500 posts in this thread.

I was just curious if there existed an article about the major projects in Turkey to get an overview outside of page 1 in this thread.

You know something like this below;

In pictures: 25 of the biggest construction projects in the GCC region | United Arab Emirates | Construction | ArabianIndustry.com

Of 100 major strategic projects in wider region, 41 in GCC

IN PICTURES: Top 10 GCC airport projects

IN PICTURES: Top 10 GCC railway projects

etc.

Never mind buddy, I found some useful articles. Cheers.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom