What's new

Huawei to set up global R&D centre in India

A$$-burning? :undecided:

not as @SS-itching as you.

but 2B is some kind of money waste. 500 million is perfectly fine for a R&D center in India, especially with some citizens as idiotic as you and this I.d. troll.

@trolling: how come they are choosing the low IQ people must be facing scarcity of high iq in China and in there higher than mountain friend.
On topic: Thank you Huwai and China. India is lagging behind in Telecom hardware, and this investment plan will help us a lot

When every one pulling out of india telecom industry Huawei step in, a very smart move as this is the best time to drive a hard bargain with GOI.
what are you bargaining with finished economy....who will buy Huawei product in poor India.....

Huawei unveils gigabit switches for Indian enterprises

BANGALORE: Chinese telecom major Huawei Telecommunications (India) Ltd on Monday unveiled the latest series of gigabit switches and routers to enable Indian enterprises use its next-generation ICT products in telecom space.

"Our latest ICT (information, communication technology) products and solutions with gigabit switches and routers will enable Indian enterprises across verticals to provide tele-presence, video conferencing, video surveillance and unified communications at about 20-30 percent lower price than peer players," Huawei enterprise business vice president Daniel Jiang told reporters here.

Expanding its Indian subsidiary operations from software product development to hardware products for providing end-to-end ICT solutions, the $39-billion global telecom behemoth has hived off its enterprise product business to compete with other leading OEMs (original equipment manufacturers) like Cisco and Polycom in the burgeoning domestic market.

"As energy-saving and space-saving solutions, our gigabit switches and routers have been developed to meet the growing demand for high-bandwidth access and Ethernet multi-service aggregation. The switches can also detect faults in the last mile of an Ethernet link," Jiang said at a product review.

The company has setup a manufacturing facility near Chennai to manufacture its range of ICT products, including switches, routers, storage racks and accessories for enterprises such as internet service providers (ISPs), banking, financial services and insurance (BFSI), transportation, oil and gas, energy and government.

Huawei's advanced series of routers provide a set of functions, including voice, security and wireless, which are compatible to enterprise branches and small businesses as they are embedded with hardware encryption and support voice digital signal processors (DSP).

"Though small, India is an important market for us as we see huge potential here. We are looking at garnering about 10 percent market share over the next three years, as we see a lot of traction in diverse segments such as government, power, transportation, BFSI and ISPs," Jiang observed.

Clarifying that there was no ban or restriction on Huawei in selling its products and solutions in the Indian market, especially to the government (state-run enterprises), he said in most of the tenders it had bid, the company emerged as L1 (lowest bidder).

"Even in a tough environment last year (2011) due to various policy and legal issues, ou rtelecom business posted $1 billion revenue from the Indian market though less than $2 billion in 2009. We are hopeful of regaining the ground to post $1.5 billion this year," Jiang asserted.

The enterprise business segment, which started marketing its products from mid-2011, is targeting $200 million in 2012 from $125 million last year.

Huawei unveils gigabit switches for Indian enterprises - The Economic Times

As per Chinese ...Indian economy is doomed and finished....now why they want to invest in India...why they dont go to Pakistan or NK

may be the chinese businessmen are more dumb than the chinese posters on pdf or as in reality chinese businessmen know where to put the money based on intelligence than emotions

thank you india, not only huawei but lenova is investing millions in your market too and soon india will make lenova number 1 PC in the world :rofl: a thousand thanks to india:rofl:

Lenovo :hitwall::hitwall::hitwall:................ I bought new laptop my god it having painting problem, and no proper customer service............ poor sound quality, in 4 gb ram only 2.95 gb is usable ...whereas dell having 3.45 gb usable .................. :hitwall: don't bring lenovo name again please...

not only that, help building up Indian infrastructure will harm China's strategic interest.

satisfied? just about to say that.

yep these indian cheerleaders are worse than the ungrateful vietcongs!

R&D for software/system supporting ? I don't think India has the talents pool of hardware engineering.

ahhhh.... yeah indeed it's wrong move by Huawei..... because they are getting ready to waste 2billion dollors in India...... hmmm I don't know what Huawei found in India.... they should take your openion before investing....next time tell them to invest in pakistan instead of India....

Lots of US and other companies are working which make sure of quality...but if you buy chinese company product..they are bad real bad....My friends bought Lenovo.....became scrape in 2 years....

What consumer product do you have at home that is made in the US? I can't think of any in my household.

Care to explain to me how Lenovo became the second biggest PC manufacturer if their products were shoddy? Lenovo has a great reputation in Germany, particularly in the business sector.

Back
Top Bottom