What's new

Huawei to set up $500m plant in India

huawei payscale is much higher than other service companies in india...

for an entry level engineer the starting salary is 4 lakhs per Annum

Can u please tell me what kind of research goes on in this R&D center of Huawei's ?? and if u don't mind what exactly ur roll entails?

More news on Huawei:

Huawei to Benefit from Access to UK Politicians

­The UK government is planning to allocate dedicated ministers to deal with companies that are substantial investors in the UK. Mark Prisk, the government's Business and Enterprise minister specifically named China's Huawei as such a recipient of political access.

"We are moving towards greater relationship management," the Daily Telegraph reported him as saying on a visit to Shanghai

Huawei has 600 employees in the UK and Mr Prisk said the company had also agreed to transfer its technology to BT and Vodafone to help them break into the Chinese market.

Under Mr Prisk's plans, companies would be able to brief Ministers on sensitive commercial topics before they become a problem. It was reported that as in the USA, the UK had concerns about Huawei's alleged links to the Chinese army and its work on BT's national broadband network.

Huawei Gets Beltway Backers - WSJ.com

A little-known company working to open the U.S. market to telecommunications gear made by China's Huawei Technologies Co. has added a pair of dignitaries to its board in an attempt to address the security concerns around Huawei.

The firm, Amerilink Telecom Corp., in recent months has recruited former congressional leader Richard Gephardt and former World Bank President James Wolfensohn as directors. It hopes the appointments will help overcome U.S. officials' skepticism about Huawei, which has hired Amerilink as a consultant and distribution partner.

Huawei is one of the world's top suppliers of telecom gear, but alleged ties to the Chinese military have stymied its ambitions in the U.S. market. It is currently trying to win part of a multibillion-dollar network upgrade at Sprint Nextel Corp.

Sprint says the bidding is entering the final stages and six vendors are submitting proposals. It declined to comment on Huawei or Amerilink, which have made a joint bid.

Adding directors such as Messrs. Gephardt and Wolfensohn is "very important in terms of the trust factor," said Amerilink founder and Chairman William Owens. Mr. Owens was vice chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff under President Clinton and a former CEO of Nortel Networks Corp.

The appointments are part of Amerilink's strategy to work with third parties to scrub, deliver and manage telecom equipment made by overseas suppliers such as Huawei to make sure it can't be used by spies or to launch a cyberattack on U.S. infrastructure.

Overcoming those concerns won't be easy. Huawei has long denied links to China's military, but security concerns persist. Following news reports Huawei was hoping to sell gear to Sprint, eight Republican senators wrote the heads of federal agencies warning of the security implications.

In an Aug. 25 meeting between Sprint and Senate staff, the company was warned its U.S. government contracts could come under pressure if a deal with Huawei went through, according to one Republican Senate aide who was at the meeting. Sprint declined to comment.

"We need to get a better sense of the fundamental security implications raised by allowing Huawei access" to the U.S. telecom market, said Sen. Susan Collins (R., Maine), who signed the letter but wasn't aware of Amerilink's efforts.

To win over U.S. officials, Amerilink has launched an extensive lobbying campaign. Over the past few months, Mr. Owens and Amerilink executives have met with officials from Congress and the Obama administration, including members of the National Security Council, to detail its security plans, said people familiar with the matter.

"I predict that there will be a real fight over this," said Stewart Baker, former assistant secretary for policy at the Department of Homeland Security and a partner at law firm Steptoe & Johnson LLP. "Huawei's ties to the Chinese government can't be independently measured. The company's not listed on a stock exchange, so their books are a mystery. And there's real worry about those ties on the part of the U.S. and other governments."

Motorola Inc. sued Huawei in July alleging it set up a front organization staffed by former Motorola engineers to steal the company's technology. Huawei has said the allegations are completely without merit.

Some analysts say Huawei's entrance into the U.S. market is inevitable. It is already a mainstream supplier in Europe and Asia, and its gear is comparable to European equipment on technical grounds but less expensive. On Monday, India's Bharti Airtel Ltd. selected Huawei as one of its suppliers for a third-generation wireless network.

Executives at telecom carriers question whether it's fair to keep the company out on security grounds. They say Huawei hasn't been caught in a security breach and point out that equipment giants like Cisco Systems Inc. manufacture gear in China anyway. "There are things we can do to ensure we're protected," AT&T Inc. Chief Executive Randall Stephenson said in an interview in June.

Huawei spokeswoman Jannie Luong Nguyen said the company will submit its products for third-party testing and verification. "Huawei takes the concerns that have been raised very seriously," Ms. Nguyen said. "We believe that by being open and transparent, we will be able to dispel these mischaracterizations about our company and our offerings."

Amerilink was founded in June 2009 with Huawei as its first customer. It has hired a number of former Sprint executives, including Kevin Packingham, who left Sprint last month to become Amerilink's CEO.

Mr. Owens, who said he started and financed Amerilink with his own money, said he takes security concerns seriously. "This is the kind of thing we need to be cautious about," Mr. Owens said.

To help ensure the telecom gear doesn't contain any security vulnerabilities, Amerilink has hired Electronic Warfare Associates Inc., a Herndon, Va., security consultant that works for the U.S. government and military. EWA declined to comment.

Amerilink will spot-audit hardware before it is installed, and only Amerilink-authorized personnel will be allowed to access it once it's in place. Software updates will be evaluated by the company before they are distributed over the Internet.

The process "will go far beyond any mechanism in the industry," Mr. Gephardt said in an interview.

Can u please tell me what kind of research goes on in this R&D center of Huawei's ?? and if u don't mind what exactly ur roll entails?

Here we have projects in many domains .. like..

1:Fixed intelligent network
2:wireless intelligent network
3:network security
4:web servers
5:mobile hand set applications...

etc....

Here we have projects in many domains .. like..

1:Fixed intelligent network
2:wireless intelligent network
3:network security
4:web servers
5:mobile hand set applications...

etc....

If u don't mind i am not an engineering graduate, i am an accounts guy.

So speaking in numbers what % of the research done contributes to the company's profits, if i put it simply, how much of the work done here gets in to the market.

So speaking in numbers what % of the research done contributes to the company's profits, if i put it simply, how much of the work done here gets in to the market.

What are you doing? Buying Huawei stock? :P

Here in India , we are not creating any end user products [apart from some mobile hand set applications] ..

all our products will be integrated in different platforms in china and goes to the market... so we can not simply calculate the profit share from our Indian R&D...

but we are getting huge money from indian market for sure....

What are you doing? Buying Huawei stock? :P

:lol: sorry man but i am not that rich to go in to stock trading right now.

also once i burnt my fingers and quickly pulled out, it was a small amount though.

My questions are just to know the things going on, i am particularly unintelligent about these R&D centers. I mean what do they do there :undecided:

These days i hear about R&D centers spring up in my country.

Back
Top Bottom