What's new

Huawei seeks an alliance with other Chinese firms to push US giant out of Asia

Okay this is going into fantasy land.
You clearly have NO IDEA what you are talking about.

"Hey I bought this phone because it has the qualcomm snapdragon 550+ chip, what's that? no I don't care that I can't download any apps since the play-store is not on this phone"
- Said no one in the history of the universe

Your patriotic education is really showing.
You are unable to accept the reality that for an Android phone to be successful, it NEEDS to have access to the play store (see the list of examples I gave)

You also are playing the "access to our market" card which has been said a lot by the Chinese lately.

You don't think All these companies can shift production to south east Asia?
Heck, Samsung is already shifting production.
So are other companies.

So please, lets stay on topic and stay in reality.
In the history of the Earth, there has never been a successful Android smartphone that succeeded without access to the Google play store (outside china ;))
People are emphasizing how important Google is and didn't realize the result of China's possible revenge. Because so far China didn't do anything. It doesn't mean China won't do it in the future.

Do you still remember China said it will issue "Unreliable entity list"? Chinese governmen has given more details:" Chinese government and companies will not do business with the companies and persons who are in the list." I wonder if the Google store will be so popular without made-in-China.

Made-in-China are cheap and of high quality not because of cheap labors. Made-in-India can not replace Made-in-China.

Last edited:
I agree with what you are saying.
I just think that both China and the US are the two sides of the same coin.

Us threatens to cut off Chinese companies from Android, China threatens to cut off US companies from their market.

Heck, a few posts up one of our Chinese friend literally said American companies have to follow Chinese rule if they want access to Chinese markets.

So both sides are playing games.

My solution is kick start home grown tech that we know isn't being used to spy on us by China and the US.

Problem is, for that to happen we need to get our $h!t together.
No doubt that they each are looking for their own interests...that's how any country on Earth works...it would be too much to ask for angelic behaviors from the world of humans(with all their faults).

I also agree that Pak needs to get it's act together but that's a different topic. Pak is waaaaay behind to even dream about creating successful OS of its own. There are other more pressing matters on hand...again it's a different debate for a different thread.

The main reason why I tagged u here in this thread and what I wrote...is to continue the discussion we had much earlier(when Huawei was freshly cut off of Android). Where u were saying that it's not easy to establish a third OS and many companies worth billions like Samsung and Microsoft have tried and failed...I responded saying that Chinese phone manufacturers(if they band together) and build an offshoot of AOSP(to ensure Android apps work on it), they can easily come up with an alternative to android. They have a large enough domestic market that's already used to not having Google services(and using alternatives). This here of Huawei and Oppo joining hands is the first step to what I predicted...whether or not they go with an offshoot of Android remains to be seen.

People are emphasizing how important Google is and didn't realize the result of China's possible revenge. Because so far China didn't do anything. It doesn't mean China won't do it in the future.

Do you still remember China said it will issue "Unreliable entity list"? Chinese governmen has given more details: Chinese government and companies will not do business with the companies and persons who are in the list." I wonder if the Google store will be so popular without made-in-China.

Made-in-China is cheap and of high quality not because cheap labors. Made-in-India can not replace Made-in-China.

One time I went to the bank to get some money, but the bank was closed and I got no money. So I went to another bank and they were open so I got money.....

I can tell crazy stories that are not related to the topic as well :angel:

It seems like you buy into the notion that the Chinese are the master race and they faced "100 years of humiliation"

Tiktok blocked a Muslim girl after she spoke about Muslims in China. They then tried to smear her by saying she was an ISIS supporter.
Tiktok always avoids polictial topics. Especially in oversea market. It doesn't want to be a polictical tool.

No doubt that they each are looking for their own interests...that's how any country on Earth works...it would be too much to ask for angelic behaviors from the world of humans(with all their faults).

I also agree that Pak needs to get it's act together but that's a different topic. Pak is waaaaay behind to even dream about creating successful OS of its own. There are other more pressing matters on hand...again it's a different debate for a different thread.

The main reason why I tagged u here in this thread and what I wrote...is to continue the discussion we had much earlier(when Huawei was freshly cut off of Android). Where u were saying that it's not easy to establish a third OS and many companies worth billions like Samsung and Microsoft have tried and failed...I responded saying that Chinese phone manufacturers(if they band together) and build an offshoot of AOSP(to ensure Android apps work on it), they can easily come up with an alternative to android. They have a large enough domestic market that's already used to not having Google services(and using alternatives). This here of Huawei and Oppo joining hands is the first step to what I predicted...whether or not they go with an offshoot of Android remains to be seen.

I understand what you are saying. You are saying that they can "technically" do it. And yes, they can.

Problem is not technically doing it, problem is convincing people to buy it.
In China, people have no choice, they are forced to buy Chinese phones.
But the rest of the world does not. They have a choice so why would they buy Chinese OS with it's own appstore?
What reason could they have to do it?

Remember, people have hundreds, even thousands of dollars in purchases on the Google play store.
So you have to convince me to
1. Buy an unproven OS and ecosystem for no good reason
2. Convince me to give up most of my apps since they will not be on the new app store
3. Convince me to give up all the money I spent on the apps
and
4. Convince me that I am not being spying on by one guy in Beijing.

This is the reason I am confident any 3rd party OS/app store will fail in the current market.

One time I went to the bank to get some money, but the bank was closed and I got no money. So I went to another bank and they were open so I got money.....

I can tell crazy stories that are not related to the topic as well :angel:

It seems like you buy into the notion that the Chinese are the master race and they faced "100 years of humiliation"
I'm still talking about Google dominant. Not off the topic

Tiktok always avoids polictial topics. Especially in oversea market. It doesn't want to be a polictical tool.

And what is "political" is decided by one man in Beijing.

I'm still talking about Google dominant. Not off the topic
you are talking about "100 years of humiliation"
That is a chip on Chinese people's shoulder.

Chinese consider themselves to be a master race, so when the western barbarians destroyed that fantasy you people became angry and now want revenge.

That is what your post is about.

Xinjiang Muslims is absolute polictial issue from any standards.

you are talking about "100 years of humiliation"
That is a chip on Chinese people's shoulder.

Chinese consider themselves to be a master race, so when the western barbarians destroyed that fantasy you people became angry and now want revenge.

That is what your post is about.
I never said a word about that. By the way, when I said made-in-China, you should know Tencent is also a Chinese company. Do you know this company owns how many phone games?

I understand what you are saying. You are saying that they can "technically" do it. And yes, they can.

Problem is not technically doing it, problem is convincing people to buy it.
In China, people have no choice, they are forced to buy Chinese phones.
But the rest of the world does not. They have a choice so why would they buy Chinese OS with it's own appstore?
What reason could they have to do it?

Remember, people have hundreds, even thousands of dollars in purchases on the Google play store.
So you have to convince me to
1. Buy an unproven OS and ecosystem for no good reason
2. Convince me to give up most of my apps since they will not be on the new app store
3. Convince me to give up all the money I spent on the apps
and
4. Convince me that I am not being spying on by one guy in Beijing.

This is the reason I am confident any 3rd party OS/app store will fail in the current market.
I'm not saying that it will be successful in US, Europe, Japan, and other such countries for sure. It might never catch on there. I'm saying that this third OS would emerge unlike Tizen(Samsung) or WindowsMobile(Microsoft) bcuz of the large domestic Chinese market(even if it's bcuz they forced). In conclusion...for better or worse...a third OS would arrive...where other giant companies have failed...the Chinese companies can succeed(even if only in their domestic market) bcuz they have their government throwing it's weight behind them.

Xinjiang Muslims is absolute polictial issue from any standards.
I never said a word about that. By the way, when I said made-in-China, you should know Tencent is also a Chinese company. Do you know this company owns how many phone games?

So again, one man in Beijing decided to persecute them, then decided to block the world from talking about them because it was "Political"

If no persecution was happening then why would you need to censor it?
I would not try to censor you if you claimed that there was a dragon in my house.... since you know...there isn't one ;)

Your faith in this one man is staggering.
So yeah, people outside of China are starting to be more careful of using Chinese tech as they will face censorship by Beijing if they do.

And I know you didn't say any of those words.
I just translated what you said for the people who don't know history and the nature of Chinese people.

Yes, Chinese investment in the west is becoming a real issue now. Especially after this.
https://www.npr.org/2019/10/11/7693...-public-backlash-following-esports-player-ban

and this

http://unothegateway.com/the-u-s-and-chinas-trade-war-hits-the-hardwood/

I'm not saying that it will be successful in US, Europe, Japan, and other such countries for sure. It might never catch on there. I'm saying that this third OS would emerge unlike Tizen(Samsung) or WindowsMobile(Microsoft) bcuz of the large domestic Chinese market(even if it's bcuz they forced). In conclusion...for better or worse...a third OS would arrive...where other giant companies have failed...the Chinese companies can succeed(even if only in their domestic market) bcuz they have their government throwing it's weight behind them.

Chinese will 100% succeed in the domestic market as that is a captive audience who cannot buy non Chinese brands.

They will also fail in thee rest of the world if they try to make a new OS/App store.

The only way they can succeed is to have their own 2007 iPhone moment.
Where the iPhone was a fundamental shift in phone technology/use/idea that is killed all the old companies and created a new world with new companies.

So again, one man in Beijing decided to persecute them, then decided to block the world from talking about them because it was "Political"

If no persecution was happening then why would you need to censor it?
I would not try to censor you if you claimed that there was a dragon in my house.... since you know...there isn't one ;)

Your faith in this one man is staggering.
So yeah, people outside of China are starting to be more careful of using Chinese tech as they will face censorship by Beijing if they do.

And I know you didn't say any of those words.
I just translated what you said for the people who don't know history and the nature of Chinese people.

Yes, Chinese investment in the west is becoming a real issue now. Especially after this.
https://www.npr.org/2019/10/11/7693...-public-backlash-following-esports-player-ban

and this

http://unothegateway.com/the-u-s-and-chinas-trade-war-hits-the-hardwood/
Again Tiktok avoids all political issues. Not only muslim issues, also other issues. Tiktok is to share people lives, dances, songs and all entertainments. See Tiktok logo. Some people wanted to bring politics into Tiktok and got kicked out. It is very reasonable.

"Unreliable entity". Sense the name. You become "unreliable" first . And go to the list as a result. It's a negative defence.

Chinese will 100% succeed in the domestic market as that is a captive audience who cannot buy non Chinese brands.

They will also fail in thee rest of the world if they try to make a new OS/App store.

The only way they can succeed is to have their own 2007 iPhone moment.
Where the iPhone was a fundamental shift in phone technology/use/idea that is killed all the old companies and created a new world with new companies.
Google store will become less important if people can not buy cheap stuff and can not download Chinese APPs and games from it.

Google store will become less important if people can not buy cheap stuff and can not download Chinese APPs and games from it.
Wt high tariff and high labour cost in CN, then VN stuff r even cheaper. Thats why Samsung phone left CN and move to VN while Apple still stay in CN cos CN is her biggest market.

The thing is, technology like this, you don't have decades to catch up or create your own ecosystem. 10 years later, the mobile phone scene would not be the same one it is today. Think about it. today it's google and playstore, 10 years ago, it was iTunes, 20 years ago, there wasn't even a eco-system on mobile phone. And if it would take that much time for Huawei to build the eco-system, then once they can put that online, it would instantly become a outdated system.

Huawei can probably pushes the west out of China, but out of Asia? I don't see even a remote chance that it would happens. Especially the other giant and the world leader of mobile technology is also in Asia.
You think we aren't aware of it? But a cross bred Viet / Chinese like you had to spell it out.

Again Tiktok avoids all political issues. Not only muslim issues, also other issues. Tiktok is to share people lives, dances, songs and all entertainments. See Tiktok logo. Some people wanted to bring politics into Tiktok and got kicked out. It is very reasonable.

"Unreliable entity". Sense the name. You become "unreliable" first . And go to the list as a result. It's a negative defence.

TikTok needs to put a disclaimer that they do not allow any content that the CPC deems "political"

since that is what you are saying.
In the spirit of honestly, that is the only way for Tiktok to go..... except they won't because they know if they do that western audience will stop using it, so better to just secretly delete.

Honestly, this is an Honest question.
Give me a good, logical, reality based reason people in the West would leave Google play store for a Chinese app store?

Half the apps like twitter, Facebook, etc are outright banned in China and western audience is now becoming aware and resisting CPC influence in their lives.
So why would these people give up the Play store?

Chinese giants Huawei and Oppo plan to create an alternative to Google mobile services and seek cooperation with Indian developers.

https://www.rt.com/news/476831-huawei-google-android-apps-alternative/
misleading title!

Even if Huawei and Oppo successful with the new OS, where outside China will use chinese OS?

Vietnam’s smartphone makers such as Vsmart with 125 million phone per year capacity certainly not. They will continue using evil western imperialism OS, chips and other hardware. We need real export markets in the West, not chinese propaganda.

We can’t let our people go hungry to bed just to sastify their propaganda.

Back
Top Bottom