What's new

Huawei CEO says he did not expect such ferocious large-scale US attack on the Chinese telecoms giant

Hamartia Antidote

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
United States
https://www.scmp.com/tech/tech-lead...wei-ceo-says-us-blacklisting-chinese-telecoms

Ren Zhengfei, founder and chief executive of Huawei Technologies, said he had not expected such a ferocious US attack on the company and that the move to add the world’s largest telecommunications equipment vendor to a US trade blacklist was expected to wipe out US$30 billion of sales growth.

Acknowledging for the first time the likely impact on Huawei of US action, Ren said on Monday that total revenue was now expected to remain stagnant at around the US$100 billion level in 2019 and 2020. He also said overseas smartphone sales had dropped 40 per cent, without specifying the time period.

“We did not expect that the US would attack us with such determination and on such a large scale,” he said during a panel discussion at the company’s headquarters in Shenzhen. “We made some preparations, such as for the core business part, but we have been unable to protect some of the secondary parts [of our business].”

Last edited:
It's time for Chinese companies and the Chinese government to actually listen and understand USA complaints and then to work constructively to alleviate the damage Chinese practices do to American companies.

Lol. Definitely none of the usual missquotes, quotemining, spins and lies from their "anonymous sources" and parotting of Washingtons "hopefully" selffulfilling doom prophecy propaganda bullshit, for their daily China bashing, to expect here.

Might as well post some random nobodies blog. Oh wait we already had dozen of those.

Edit: As expected whenever you dig into this bullshit:
- Omitted by the sour grape: The context for these worst case model numbers is the next two years combined. Huaweis prior double digit growth rates and over hundred billion Dollar revenue as a baseline, means at worst the company will stick with "just" hundred billion for the next two years instead of making that plus these 30 billion and more. Thats assuming the U.S. regime doesnt drop its bluff early and admitts how much damage they have suffered already nevermind in the future themself and tracks back on their bullying tactics against Huawei.
- The overseas smartphone sales drop was pointed out to refer to last month, which means the month after overseas sales had spiked above normal levels due to the P30 launch

Last edited:
It's time for Chinese companies and the Chinese government to actually listen and understand USA complaints and then to work constructively to alleviate the damage Chinese practices do to American companies.

and targeting a legitimate Chinese company does what exactly?

and targeting a legitimate Chinese company does what exactly?
First of all your premise that Huawei is "legitimate" is false. Secondly, pushing back on Huawei may cause Chinese authorities to actually listen to USA complaints.

I like how he says China hasn't invented anything and has not contributed to society.

I like how he says China hasn't invented anything

It's like when you try to invent a thing, I kill it.

Then I say you haven't invented a thing.

I think Huawei need Chinese government huge support.

And China need more champions like Huawei.

I actually already know it.

That is why my solution is to create a whole ecosystem.

A true independent and I believe China is able to achieve it, despite at first it's used by China itself, and one day it will be spread.

That is why I said it needs a huge support from Chinese government to make it come true.

First of all your premise that Huawei is "legitimate" is false. Secondly, pushing back on Huawei may cause Chinese authorities to actually listen to USA complaints.
what is false exactly? US to date still can't provide one single proof that Huawei equipment spied, anywhere in the world.

Interesting way to disclose one's insecurity. :partay:

He rarely gives interviews so maybe he finally had a chance with this forum. :partay:

You should watch the video...our friend is there.
Screen Shot 2019-06-18 at 4.42.02 AM.jpg

He rarely gives interviews so maybe he finally had a chance with this forum. :partay:

You should watch the video...our friend is there.
View attachment 565728

Is he the guy who makes you-tube clips like 'serpentza is a fraud', and pro-huawei clips? Who is he? I don't want to waste my time watching his clips, but he is like those annoying anti-captain marvel/brie larson youtubers, his clips keep showing up in my recommended list.

Is he the guy who makes you-tube clips like 'serpentza is a fraud', and pro-huawei clips?

yep! Nathan Rich

His big beef was he made a Dolce & Gabbana parody that went viral in China.
He put it on a monetized youtube account expecting to make a killing but when it didn't become a smash hit he screamed conspiracy.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom