What's new

How's your perception of other nations changed on the PDF

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought educated Pakistanis would have a fair and balanced views about INDO-PAK relations but reading many venom spewing and jealousy ridden sadistic comments from so called educated and knowledgeable Pakistani members has made my view about Pakistan even more grim.
I thought Bangladeshis would be friendly toward Indians but that is clearly not the case ( atleast with the majority here) but I could be wrong also.

---------- Post added at 05:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:45 PM ----------

maybe 2 but not India.
If that is the case then West and Americans will be the wisest of all.

I was not talking about who is wiser!!
I was talking about post-quality/sensibility according to me!
they show little while we south asians are normally like to brag!

If a person is willing to let an internet forum, that too with little regulation, govern their opinions about the people and nations around them...it shows a great amount of naivety. The internet allows a person to say whatever he/she likes, without threat of consequence. Throughout history, people have shown complete moral failure whenever they have been asked to govern themselves and police their own activities...naturally this forum suffers from the same issues. Indians and Pakistanis trash each others' nations and know they will not be answerable to anyone. Now, were those same people to meet in real life, they would behave completely differently. A little bit of forced censorship in the form of respect and manners, in person, prevents the troll battles so common on here. Just as importantly, this is a military forum, if people come on here looking for the peaceful and logical, they are sorely misguided.

If a person is willing to let an internet forum, that too with little regulation, govern their opinions about the people and nations around them...it shows a great amount of naivety. The internet allows a person to say whatever he/she likes, without threat of consequence. Throughout history, people have shown complete moral failure whenever they have been asked to govern themselves and police their own activities...naturally this forum suffers from the same issues. Indians and Pakistanis trash each others' nations and know they will not be answerable to anyone. Now, were those same people to meet in real life, they would behave completely differently. A little bit of forced censorship in the form of respect and manners, in person, prevents the troll battles so common on here. Just as importantly, this is a military forum, if people come on here looking for the peaceful and logical, they are sorely misguided.

The flip side is that the real world is too 'controlled' so you never find out people's true feelings. We deliberately don't discuss Kashmir and terrorism and regional conflicts with people in real life, simply to maintain cordial relations. It is only here that we find out what people are really thinking. Some people will troll, just for kicks, and others will tell the truth.

The flip side is that the real world is too 'controlled' so you never find out people's true feelings. We deliberately don't discuss Kashmir and terrorism and regional conflicts with people in real life, simply to maintain cordial relations. It is only here that we find out what people are really thinking. Some people will troll, just for kicks, and others will tell the truth.

A little bit of control is necessary, if only for the sake of keeping everyone civilized. If we all started saying whatever we are thinking, even our families would hate us...there are just certain things better left unsaid or said in a more diplomatic manner...and that is often lost on this forum. The overemotional fights on this forum are less a result of real world issues, and more to do with the cynical, sarcastic and celebratory style in which we trash each other's nations.

Exactly, that is what i think. My perception with regards to other nationalities(mainly Pakistanis, indians and Iranians) havent changed, cuz i know these people closely in real life especially Iranians and Pakistanis. But in real world we tend to be polite and dont spell our heart, although on teh internet we say everythig we got in our heads and minds.

My perception of China has gone down to an extent.

I still have respect for their ancient civilization though.

Yeah sorry, like to do my best to eliminate hate and misunderstanding and end up giving lectures in every thread lol.

- Internet: Here you go, now you can communicate with lots of different people and share your opinion.
- Troll: I'm quite dis-satisfied with my life so I guess I'll vent my frustration by making inflammatory comments to piss people off (Not talking about mischievous and funny trolls of course :D).
- Normal person: Oh! What a wonderful opportunity! (Exaggeration for effect)

Now, the troll eventually bites off more than he/she can chew and then they get some butthurt handed to them. Then the troll gets even madder and keeps trolling, getting more and more butthurt everytime. At a certain point, the butthurt builds up to a point where the troll can't take the butthurt anymore.

Result = whining = this thread.

Simplez! :P

Here is how my perceptions have changed:

India - Positive to extremely negative.

Pakistan - Positive to very positive.

Bangladesh - Positive and unchanged.

Sri Lanka - Positive and unchanged.

I have always held South Asian and Central Asian countries in very high regard. The only perception that went negative was India, due to the unbelievable amount of hatred, racism, and their laughing at Japanese war crimes in which millions of Chinese people died. And this is the rule rather than the exception.

My perceptions toward indians are NOW extreamly negative. I was shocked at how "tough" indians are on the net, so last week I decided to test out their toughness.

Last week after a conference meeting with some other seinor engineer. I decided to "sh!t talk" to this indian guy, and was amazed that real life indians are so soft and docile. :lol:

---------- Post added at 03:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:45 PM ----------

you forgot to add that indians called you slant eyed chink:rolleyes:
i was waiting for you..how its possible if you dont write here in this thread.

lol, see these "though" indians!!

lol, yet so soft and weak in real life!

then chinese members should also mention that india have more population than whole africa and india have 500 million+ middle class
+

800 million + mobile users:)
why are u selective??

Hahaha, middle class in indian definiation means a guy who sleep on the stree with no access to pubic water and earn 1 dollar a day!

no..i want those on which u post:D
and i will manage chinese lang..i too have chinese friends:D

You dont have an Chinese "friend", stop being a LIAR!

It is a good thing that we Chinese are now aware of your dirty activities!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom