What's new

How's the China politics look like in my eyes.

HK has a high living standard, but I don't think HK is ever a democracy.

The general election that China central government offer to HK in 2017 is the MOST democratic system HK has ever had.

You are right about one of the main factor involving cross strait and HK-Mainland friction is pride.

Or rather the bruise ego of HKer and Taiwanese's superiority/inferiority complex. And I believe the superiority/inferiority complex apply to mainlander as well. This is unavoidable because one of the foundation of Chinese culture is honor/ego/pride. This problem can only be solved if all of us admit that although there are major political differences, but culturally we are one, we are one family, our fate is intertwined, 一荣俱荣,一辱俱辱.

You know during the initial decades of the reforms and opening up, the hundred of millions of peasant in rural China has to suffer in order to finance the development of the coastal city region. I can still remember that when the peasant population start to get into the city, there are a lot of friction between the city people and their poor backward cousin from the rural area. I can still remember the viciousness and contemptuous criticism that many directed towards them as a group.

But at the end, they all get along. The coastal urban and rural people did not become enemy. The Chinese people exercise patient and understanding and recognize that each and everyone of us in our struggle to strive for a better life contribute to the betterment of all.

Today China is paying the rural people back for their sacrifice. And all mainland people applaud the government effort in developing the rural area even though they know the fund comes from their collective pocket.

And I wish the HKer and Taiwanese could be as magnanimous and gracious towards their mainland cousin as well.

And I think it is obvious that we need each other, you just would not admit it.

The different between mainland case above and in HK-Taiwan...

There's a foreign controlled media who fueling the fire.

Unless you have better propaganda and willingly to play "dirty" too.

I give you a hint,

We all are Chinese people, a Confucian society, united under China and Chinese civilization.

But right now, we are divided by foreign ideologies like Democracy and Communism.

Nope, it is the norm in this forum to post news alone, and occasionally, open discussion topics.

Stop BS-ing, there's no norm, anyone is free to post here as long as it's related to the region.

Just a casual example, this thread :

Has China catched up with Turkey in salaries? is opinion based (what an opinion at that too-few lines) and is the most popular in the last few days.

When other posters, such as Genesis, post their personal opinion to discuss, I tell them the same thing, regardless if I agree with them or not. I'm telling them the conventions - not the rules. There are many conventions elsewhere that are not rules, yet newcomers are advised to follow. I don't want to silence anybody. I argue with @LeveragedBuyout and @Okemos all the time and welcome them challenging my ideas - if their arguments are valid.

See, the reason you're mad and half your total posts consist of immature insults is because you don't like people who 1.) have opinions different from yours, 2.) have the audacity to defend their own viewpoints. You don't actually want discussions.

lmao, but it was you with friendly conversation suppressing "guidance" , not me and somehow i'm against discussions? :lol: :rofl:

2.) have the audacity to defend their own viewpoints

What exactly are you defending here? Do you have rights or say into what is posted in this section?

your total posts consist of immature insults

You deserve no better.

Last edited:
We have been waiting for honesty members like you, @Tang Yi !!!

Now you got your endorsement by somebody called we, Tang Yi.

Live with it.

LOL.

mittromneyetchasketch_after.jpg

Last edited:
Stop BS-ing, there's no norm, anyone is free to post here as long as it's related to the region.

Just a casual example, this thread :

Has China catched up with Turkey in salaries? is opinion based (what an opinion at that too-few lines) and is the most popular in the last few days.

lmao, but it was you with friendly conversation suppressing "guidance" , not me and somehow i'm against discussions? :lol: :rofl:

What exactly are you defending here? Do you have rights or say into what is posted in this section?

You deserve no better.

Maybe you need a class in reading comprehension. The thread was a question issued, and there was data to back it. I don't see a single thread of data in this thread, and it is basically a "my opinion is..." thread. These threads are useless and I don't like the attitude of people who post these kind of threads (including established members) because they essentially are saying "my opinion is so much more important than yours, and the news, and group discussions, that they deserve to be talked about seperately".

Sorry, I wasn't familiar with your position that allowed you to say who deserves what, but childish insults reflect badly on you - not me.

Maybe you need a class in reading comprehension. The thread was a question issued, and there was data to back it. I don't see a single thread of data in this thread, and it is basically a "my opinion is..." thread. These threads are useless and I don't like the attitude of people who post these kind of threads (including established members) because they essentially are saying "my opinion is so much more important than yours, and the news, and group discussions, that they deserve to be talked about seperately".

Sorry, I wasn't familiar with your position that allowed you to say who deserves what, but childish insults reflect badly on you - not me.

yada yada......

You debate like a child, your first reaction on my reply to you was an attempt to portrait me as someone who suppresses discussion, after you advised to the OP what he should post, now second childish reaction, you accuse me of reserving the privilege of deciding what get's posted in here, after, again, you advised to the OP what to post and what to not post.

I laugh at you and your belief that you can pull something like this off. :lol:

Last edited:
Anyone like me that I see the stupidity is happening?

羽扇纶巾,抠弹鼻屎,附庸恶俗,可悲可悲。

yada yada......

You debate like a child, your first reaction on my reply to you was an attempt to portrait me as someone who suppresses discussion, after you advised to the OP what he should post, now second childish reaction, you accuse me of reserving the privilege of deciding what get's posted in here, after, again, you advised to the OP what to post and what to not post.

I laugh at you and your belief that you can pull something like this off. :lol:

Lol, where did I accuse you of deciding what gets posted? See, reading comprehension. You said I deserve no better, I ask what gives you the right to decide what someone deserves. Learn how to English. I wasn't even aware this was a debate. I allocate my time and mental energy according to importance. "Debating" with you on PDF is rather low on the priority list. I don't try to frame you as anything - your actions are self evident. Unlike you I don't have a chip on my shoulder and I spend my time accordingly.

Lol, where did I accuse you of deciding what gets posted? See, reading comprehension.

Learn to multiquote then. You can start learning from my post. Shouldn't be too difficult for a self proclaimed "PHD candidate". Like anyone believes that. :lol:

You said I deserve no better, I ask what gives you the right to decide what someone deserves.

What gives you the right to tell someone what he should or should not post? Who put you in charge?

Since you're not terribly smart, you inadvertently spun this in my favour: I reserve the right to tell someone what he deserves or not from me, when interacting with me. And since you were undoubtedly interacting with me, the answer is obvious.

Must be something new for you eh? Considering you get an email from local CCP office every morning where they detail you on what should be of your interest.

I wasn't even aware this was a debate. I allocate my time and mental energy according to importance. "Debating" with you on PDF is rather low on the priority list. I don't try to frame you as anything - your actions are self evident. Unlike you I don't have a chip on my shoulder and I spend my time accordingly.

No, it's not a debate really. it's just you trying to weasel yourself out of a tight spot. Now you're trying all sorts of spin doctoring. It's hilarious.

Let's recap, shall we:

-You advise a fellow Chinaman not to post opinion, even though it was a very well thought out post. But since you are paid to suppress anything even remotely negative about China, ofcourse you react, with blind zeal and stupidity i may add, so characteristic of paid propagandists..
-You say you are against posting opinion because, i paraphrase here "it gives the guy who posted an opinion some sense of his opinion being better than anyone else's"? But on what grounds do you decide this? This is just your opinion, on the base of which you arbitrarily decide to tell to the guy he shouldn't post. If you can gutter out your 50 cent opinion, so can he, and he does it in better style and with greater substance.
-You use childish tactics, twice now, you've attempted to accuse me of the thing i accuse you of. It's an exercise in futility. I don't know if this works for you when you monitor Chinese sites but i suspect it doesn't, that more often than not you have to use the delete post tool, instead of trying to shape opinion. 'Cuz you just can't, your brain power is just deficient.

Then i call you names, you cry, but you deserve them, look at what you do. Pathetic lol. no wonder China .gov has to employ so many commentators if they're all as dumb as you. And debate so immaturely as you.

China Hires As Many As 300,000 Internet Trolls To Make The Communist Party Look Good | Business Insider India

here a quote from above article:

An army of paid trolls spins daily news online in China.

Sounds like you doesn't it?

I don't try to frame you as anything - your actions are self evident.

Well i do frame you, but exclusively on the basis of what you do. And what you do, fits only one profile.

Unlike you I don't have a chip on my shoulder and I spend my time accordingly.

As for the chip on my shoulder, this is just deflection tactics, staple of the 50 cent armory. As for your time, well, i'm sure you guys are busy overtime opinion shaping Hong Kongers as of late, so i understand i'm not the top priority. After all, i have no land of interest. :lol:

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom