What's new

HOW WE (PAKISTANIS) SHORTCHANGED BANGLADESH

The revolution started in Bengal and those who felt like they wanted a new country, joined. We aren't going to fight other's wars. Muslims are proud indians too and they like to be part of that. If they wanted a separate place, they would have demanded it as well.

if they wanted a separate state << thats a laugh. they r forcefully learning gita in madrasahs :)

what if we were still part of India n learn gita in madrassas :yay:

Going through Quran has made your country prosperous and has given you everything :P We all know the figures..Instead of chanting whatever you do 5 times do it 10 times and You gonna be super power :P

@DarkPrince Have you ever heard of Muslims in India demanding a separate state? Do you know many of the Indian members in PDF are Muslims by their faith? Did you find them any less patriotic Indian than others?

We are Indians first dear, then comes everything else...religion, caste, language, region, state, rich, poor, veg, non-veg, dark, fair, and everything else. And yes, your dadas are also Indians first; then Bengalis! :)

On topic: It's sad that @BDforever is banned; one of the best PDF members, and he was not off-topic or abusive. It seems his ban proved the point of the topic.

Last edited by a moderator:
if they wanted a separate state << thats a laugh. they r forcefully learning gita in madrasahs :)

Geeta as a religious topic can not be taught in govt schools. The madrassas that are being asked to teach extracts from geeta are govt funded and there's nothing religious that will be covered in Madhya Pradesh. Most of Geeta is conversation that talks about duty and ethics etc.

Private Islamic madrassas do not even have to follow govt curricula.

I understand why this is controversial and will probably be shot down and definitely reversed by courts if its deemed religious education. But to imply like you are implying that muslims kids will become hindus or something is just ridiculous.

BTW all of curricula is forcefully taught to children, includes stuff from other religions too. There was a chapter on your prophet in my school syllabus, where they called him ''preshit'' - meaning prophet. I just could never understand the meaning of that word then. No need to blow something out of proportion.

We got nothing from pakistan. 6 points were the only hope left to keep the relation.

"Per capita income in West Pakistan in 1950 was only four per cent higher than that of East Pakistan. In 1970 per capita income in West Pakistan exceeded that of East Pakistan by 61 percent. The increase in disparity of two wings reinforced the secessionist argument that West Pakistan was becoming richer at the expense of East Pakistan...annual per capita income growth in Bangladesh since 1972 exceeded almost every year total per capita income growth in East Pakistan in twenty years. This clearly suggests that political independence provided much more conducive environment for growth in Bangladesh than united Pakistani. . Though economic growth in East Pakistan was revived during Ayub Khan's so-called decade of reforms, growth rate in erstwhile East Pakistan was much lower than that of West Pakistan."

1. Quoting from Daily Awami League Star?? And that shows no references and calculations of 4% to 61%?

2. I do not know how can they say that the annual per capita income growth in Bangladesh since 1972 exceeded almost every year total per capita income growth in East Pakistan in twenty years, when the average Growth Rate for GDP per capita before the pre-BD era [4.06%] was grater than the post-war BD era [2.73%]. So I need to see their calculations, because my findings say otherwise.

Here my calculations based on world bank data say that:

Bangladesh's Average Growth Rate for GDP per capita:

1961-1969 (Pakistan period, 8 years) = 4.06%

1975-2011 (Bangladesh, last 36 years) = 2.73%

Pakistan's Average Growth Rate for GDP per capita:

1961-1969 (West Pakistan, 8 years) = 6.87%

1975-2011 (Pakistan, last 36 years) = 5.48%

Source: http://www.defence.pk/forums/bangla...apparent-noticed-unnoticed-2.html#post3709554

PS: Income Per Capita = The annual gross domestic product divided by population. This is the same as GDP per capita—because another way to compute GDP is to add up incomes of everybody in the economy.

Yes they suffered. I think some selfish muslims made their way and never thought about
others.

Muslim_percent_1909.jpg

dude if want to unite with India then be my guest for all i care, but you have no right to call others selfish just because they want to be independent , Pakistanis by & large supports your independence, heck even our current prime minister nawas sharif was a supporter of asghar khan's party @ that time who was a well known to be sympathetic towards mujib , but now you are talking against the independence of my country & calling us selfish this is pure & simple venom, hate & interference . I support Pak should apologize for 71, but I ask the bd members here why is this guy making statements against Pakistan's independence what kind of an evil ill wishing is that ? if this is not poking & provoking that what is ?

1. Quoting from Daily Awami League Star?? And that shows no references and calculations of 4% to 61%?

2. I do not know how can they say that the annual per capita income growth in Bangladesh since 1972 exceeded almost every year total per capita income growth in East Pakistan in twenty years, when the average Growth Rate for GDP per capita before the pre-BD era [4.06%] was grater than the post-war BD era [2.73%]. So I need to see their calculations, because my findings say otherwise.

Source: http://www.defence.pk/forums/bangla...apparent-noticed-unnoticed-2.html#post3709554

PS: Income Per Capita = The annual gross domestic product divided by population. This is the same as GDP per capita&#8212;because another way to compute GDP is to add up incomes of everybody in the economy.

GDP is not the ideal way to measure success of a country. HDI and other factors play a more significant role and most economists would agree. Bangladesh has performed better even compared to more successful states. Read Amarta Sen's work and I find he's findings more credible than just a simple gdp calculation. Anyways, Afghanistan has a growth rate of 11%, Libya has a growth rate of I think around 60-70%. By itself, it doesn't mean much

1. i am talking about number of Pak troops in East Pakistan to protect during 1965 war (you have serious understanding problem)

2. yes sure bomb a hospital and say enemies are hiding in there, good logic :tup:

really ? just type illegal pakistanis in google.

Don't forget to google typical illegal bangladeshis around teh world,

As 2 million in pakistan, 20 million in India, 1 million in malaysia,

ALLAH knows how many around the world. and you are talking about 400,000 strangled biharis in bangladesh,

thats your love when we tried to send them back in 1994 your govt. threaten to not land any aeroplane and ask pak govt. to throw them in sea.

What a love you have for you lovely bangladeshis yous elf centered people.

Lessons learnt from bangladesh saga:
1. Implement federalism so that no region imposes their will on other
2. Decentralize power, transfer power to states
3. Have managable size of administrative entity
4. Do not try to impose anything on people by force especially if it affects their identity.

@WebMaster please see this thread you will amazed by the logics give by our brotherhood bangladeshis kindly do something before. we will Nuke banglaDheshu

Lessons learnt from bangladesh saga:
1. Implement federalism so that no region imposes their will on other
2. Decentralize power, transfer power to states
3. Have managable size of administrative entity
4. Do not try to impose anything on people by force especially if it affects their identity.

Just add one more. every country is our country and there is no concept of illegal bangladeshi in this world.

Last edited by a moderator:

PS: Income Per Capita = The annual gross domestic product divided by population. This is the same as GDP per capita&#8212;because another way to compute GDP is to add up incomes of everybody in the economy.

Why you have brought your crap again. This myth was debunked long back that Bangladesh achieved lower GDP growth then East Pakistan period!!!

You cleverly used 1975 as the reference year when it was an unusual year as due to nationalization of all the industries GDP spiked to double in that year but in 1976 came down to below what it was in 1974.

Either you need to do the comparison from 1974 or 1976 or earlier then that to see the real growth rate of Bangladesh.

From 1976 Bangladesh achieved on average 7% GDP growth!!! Write it down on your diary.... Even from 1974 or earlier it is close to the 7% figure.

Now stop your Pakistani dalali and use of your 1975 gdp for your propaganda purpose.

Bangladesh has outperformed Pakistan in all dimension. Detail I posted on the same thread!!!

http://www.defence.pk/forums/bangla...apparent-noticed-unnoticed-3.html#post3714327

dude if want to unite with India then be my guest for all i care, but you have no right to call others selfish just because they want to be independent , Pakistanis by & large supports your independence, heck even our current prime minister nawas sharif was a supporter of asghar khan's party @ that time who was a well known to be sympathetic towards mujib , but now you are talking against the independence of my country & calling us selfish this is pure & simple venom, hate & interference . I support Pak should apologize for 71, but I ask the bd members here why is this guy making statements against Pakistan's independence what kind of an evil ill wishing is that ? if this is not poking & provoking that what is ?

Okay, apology for hurting your feelings if I had.
First of all you didnt follow this thread from the first post. To undrstand well follow this
thread from post no. #106. We were talking for independence of all the muslims of
India from British. And as long as I know your ancestors were Bihari. You made it to
PK. But some of your brothers left here. They are still suffering. Also muslims suffering
in India and Myanmar for lack education and poverty. So I was bit sympathetic towards
them.And all my statemets towards pakistan perfectly align to my contry Bangladesh.
As we were pakistan too.So no need to overreact.
And we will be happy if pak makes official apology for 71 after getting my apology from
this post :azn:

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom