What's new

HOW WE (PAKISTANIS) SHORTCHANGED BANGLADESH

They might not, but you do have other ethnic groups/religious groups that are in tension with each other. Plus they all live in one land mass.

Pakistan and Bangladesh were separated by thousands of miles and Bangladesh was surrounded by an enemy country: India.

Doomed for failure.

East and West Pakistans should have been two separate confederations. that way indians and their agents could not take advantage of the Bengali Muslims. Otherwise, Bengali Muslims and others should have somehow found a single geographic country in 1947, that would have solved everything!!

*afsos*

However there were many reasons why east bengal/east pakistan could not have been 'left alone' in 1947

You misunderstood. That intellectual bengali muslim never proposed for a single Muslim
country. He proposed for many Muslim countries. It was the idea of Pakistanis to create
a single country. And the problem starts from that day. Learn more from Lahore Resolution.

then west pakistan's people had nothing to do with wanting their country conjoined with east pakistan. east pakistan was simply too "moth eaten" and too geographically disadvantaged a land (as considered by people at the top, including Bengalis) to be sustained by itself. hindsight of course tells it was a bad idea but try to think of it in the context of the events since the early 1900s to the 1940s

then west pakistan's people had nothing to do with wanting their country conjoined with east pakistan. east pakistan was simply too "moth eaten" and too geographically disadvantaged a land (as considered by people at the top, including Bengalis) to be sustained by itself. hindsight of course tells it was a bad idea but try to think of it in the context of the events since the early 1900s to the 1940s

the economic disparity between the two Pakistans was to be expected, anyone who is surprised by that is either brain dead or brainwashed. it was the socio-economic circumstances these two wings inherited that made the Western part more successful than the Eastern one. data since 1971 when the wings separated till today support this that the Western part simply was more privileged in talent (most important), resources, geography (even withstanding the Kashmir issue) so on. on top of that selfish Bengali politicians started excesses since very early on right when their country was still learning to crawl and started the process of blocking the emerging bengali classes from the centers of influence, and they had enough useful clueless idiots to help them. the finger pointing still going on today (especially from some bangladeshis towards pakistan/west pakistan) based on half-information and confrontational politics just proves both of us are a bunch of miserable twats and haven't learned anything from our past mistakes

@Al-zakir @M_Saint @Md Akmal

Your thoughts please :coffee:

@ It is true that originally the Bengal was not considered as a part of Pakistan, it was supposed to be another independent country. But we have to realize that after 2nd World War there were lot of incidents which forced the British Colonial Empires to leave Indo-Subcontinant at the faster rate.

@ Creation of separate Muslim State in the East at that time was not viable. Had Bengal been created as independent State then the fate of Bengal would have been like the fate of Hydrabad ? Bengal was incorporated within Pakistan was not the lone decision of Jinnah. Rather Bengali Muslim Leaquer played a key role in it. During those days Pakistan had only one Punjab Regiment stationed at Dacca. With this lone Battallion along with Muslims Scouts captured Chittagong Hill Tract once it declared merger with India by the members of Congress stationed at Rangamati.

@ The central decisions of the Muslim Leaque also changed from time to time as per the situation arises. No body can say that Pakistan was created on the basis of Lahore REsolution ? Once the Punjab and Bengal was divided then again the decisions were changed.

@ It is widely accepted that Pakistan was created due to the struggle of Indian Muslims(Inside India) and Bengalise. The people of present Pakistan were hardly involved in Muslim Leaque politics. Most of the people in North West Frontier Province were supporter's of Congress. Khan Abdur Gaffer Khan was their leader. After the partitioned he remained in India and doing Congress politics. He was known as "Frontier Ghandhi". He died in India as the founding member of Congress. He had lot of followers in NWF province. People says that "Puktun Movement" was instigated by this Gaffer Khan. In 1946, once General Election was held I think, Congress got the majority in NWF province and they formed the Govt. Later on once a Referundom was held only then it became part of Pakistan.

@ In Punjab most of the people were involved in Unionist politics and Khir Hyat Khan was the Cheif Minister(1946). He belongs to Unionist Party not the Muslim Leaque. Later on he resigned and joined Muslim Leaque.

@ In Sind also the Unionist got the majority not the Muslim Leaque. However, they later joint Muslim Leaque.

@ About Baluchistan ? I think there were no existance at that time. Some of that major portion were at that time were Princely States like "Kalat" and others. I am in doubt ???

@ Now, the question is, the people of Pakistan did not struggled for Pakistan in proper time. May be they were not that politically matured at that time. It is a fact that politically the people of West were far behind East in those days.

Last edited by a moderator:
GDP is not the ideal way to measure success of a country. HDI and other factors play a more significant role and most economists would agree. Bangladesh has performed better even compared to more successful states. Read Amarta Sen's work and I find he's findings more credible than just a simple gdp calculation. Anyways, Afghanistan has a growth rate of 11%, Libya has a growth rate of I think around 60-70%. By itself, it doesn't mean much

I agree with you, that GPP is not the only measure for measuring the living standard, in fact I have a paper on that, and I was talking on that because some ignorants only talk about the GDP.

Now stop your Pakistani dalali and use of your 1975 gdp for your propaganda purpose.

Bangladesh has outperformed Pakistan in all dimension. Detail I posted on the same thread!!!

http://www.defence.pk/forums/bangla...apparent-noticed-unnoticed-3.html#post3714327

Noh, you did not refuted any myth of me. Counter argument had shown in that same thread, so I do not want to repeat it here.

Rather, show me the detail of Daily Star's claim if you have, I need to see that too.

Yes BD outperformed PK in terms of HDI and Female edu, not in all dimension.

Noh, you did not refuted any myth of me. Counter argument had shown in that same thread, so I do not want to repeat it here.

Rather, show me the detail of Daily Star's claim if you have, I need to see that too.

Stop all of your mamboo jamboo every time. You did not provide any credible counter argument as there were not any option for that when I showed you Bangladesh achieved higher GDP growth rate from any time after independence.

Why you are so fond of 1975?? Why not do it from 1972?? See Bangladesh achieved 7.7% average GDP growth rate from that time upto 2012.

In 1972 Bangladesh's GDP was 6.288 Billion USD and in 2012 it was 122.72 billion USD. Now do your math if you have the ability to do so!!!

GDP.png
[/url] [/IMG]

Yes BD outperformed PK in terms of HDI and Female edu, not in all dimension.

Now for the GOD's sake stop your annoying propaganda posts.

How much Pakistani dalali you would like to do??? I dnt think you are that much a dumb to believe that only based on female education Bangladesh has achieved higher HDI then Pakistan. Pakistan is only close to Bangladesh's HDI because of higher per capita GDP. If still anything is left out including it within the next couple of years Bangladesh will overtake it!!!

@captani_planet dont use the word dalali so loosely... lolz.. it just lowers your quality of argument... .. :sick:

I think the Dr. Kamal Hossain narrative is one sided to make his position in history look good. A self serving book most likely. His activities after Independence shows he has little worth in the country.

@ The great Dr Kamal Hossain !!! Basically he came from India that is why he donnot have any constituency in Bangladesh as a result other than 1970 and 1971 election he never won. His wife was a Sindhi. In 1971 once Mujib was arrested Kamal was still in Dacca. On 01/02 April 1971 via his brother -in-Law(Pakistani) informed Maj General Roa Farman Ali that he wanted to surrender! It surprized the military junta !!!! On interrogation it was found that he surrendered as he thought he would be killed by RAW if went to India ??? Soon he surrendered and went to Pakistan and remained in his In Law's house and after independence came with Mujib. What a politics of Indian Sub-Continent ????

Stop all of your mamboo jamboo every time. You did not provide any credible counter argument as there were not any option for that when I showed you Bangladesh achieved higher GDP growth rate from any time after independence.

Why you are so fond of 1975?? Why not do it from 1972?? See Bangladesh achieved 7.7% average GDP growth rate from that time upto 2012.

1. I was talking about the average rate of GDP per Capita, better for measuring the living standard, not the average rate of GDP. You are again talking about the different point that I did not say.

2. Form 1975 was chosen for canceling out the destructive effects of the war for first four years [71-75], plus a long period of 36 years was taking into account that actually can give a better picture. You know, the longer the period, more consistent the scenario/result.

Now for the GOD's sake stop your annoying propaganda posts.

How much Pakistani dalali you would like to do???

I dnt think you are that much a dumb to believe that only based on female education Bangladesh has achieved higher HDI then Pakistan. Pakistan is only close to Bangladesh's HDI because of higher per capita GDP. If still anything is left out including it within the next couple of years Bangladesh will overtake it!!!

1. this is not a part of argument, and BS.

2. When did I say that only based on female education Bangladesh has achieved higher HDI then Pakistan. I meant BD outperformed PK in HDI and Female edu separately. Why twisting?

PS: Some day I will show you my India Dalali too, if I find a wrong comparison or claim.

You do your math first..

Bangladesh GDP 2013 = $122 Billion
Pak GDP 2013 = $230 Billion

Bangladesh GDP growth rate needs to be more than twice of Pak's GDP growth rate for atleast a decade to pass Pak GDP.

Lets say Bangladesh GDP growth rate is 6% then 122 * 1.06 = $129 ( 122 + 7)
Pak's GDP growth rate is 3% then 230 * 1.03 = £237 (230 + 7)

So despite the higher GDP growth rate of Bangladesh, Both Bangladesh and Pak made the same money in a year.

Bangladesh is not a Federation.....Pakistan was!That's how federations function.....specially when there are two different land masses in two different places.....You left East Pakistan to rot in '65 war....so a separate militia was a legitimate demand specially when we were surrounded from all sides by an Enemy state.You should probably read more about the history and the uniqueness of pre '71 Pakistan due its geographical feature of having a country in middle of two provinces.

sorry guys we messed up lol, we can brotherly countries now at least lol

Nothing in common!! How is it then that indian punjabis and bengalis dont fight and kill each other and are living peacefully as fellow countrymen???
because they are the separated by other states?

maybe you should check states around bengel?

Back
Top Bottom