What's new

How to counter indian S-400 after this Kashmir issue

Babar should be the first thing to Take these out
Increase range of Raad upto 450km
Probably stealth fighter only option atm is j31 to neutralize threat of Rafle and may be able to take out s400.
Electronic and cyber warfare

A systems radar coverage isn’t a perfect hemisphere. Curvature of earth and terrain make anything more than 80% potential impossible to achieve in the subcontinent.

Then come the missiles.

The true threat it brings is to our AEW assets as its longest ranged missile the 40N6 requires a basic beam and chaff maneuver from a fighter to have the missile miss easily.

The 48N6 missile is the true threat, but when can it actually engage?

Maximum range for engagement depends upon the power of the 96L6E2(for India) breaking through jamming(extremely likely) of a target.
Each of the 5 regiments of Indian S-400(deliveries to complete in 2023) is likely to be day-1 targets facing stand off weapons from multiple vectors.
For it to shoot down the launch aircraft it needs to break below the curvature of the earth and terrain, so position them closer to the border and consequently expose them to attack or push them back further and lose their effectiveness is a decision.

However, the S-400 isn’t alone; its going to be guarded by Shorads and interceptors as well.
While the 27th of February 2019 was a demonstration of PAF weapons superiority over IAF frontline fighters, even with more potent weapons such as the Meteor and I-derby the mix of Amraam, PL-10B and PL-15 will continue to maintain a balance in A2A engagements.

The focus will likely be to create corridors using a combination of jamming and stand off weapons to overwhelm the Indian ADGe in the area.
It is likely that a package to kill the S-400 might comprise upto 40 aircraft with a loss percentage between 5-20%.
But the weapons and EW capacity to kill two Indian S-400 batteries deployed a 150km behind their lines exist TODAY.

That being said, while the batteries will push PAF HVAA’s further west and likely constrain operational profiles of sorties in the east; they will not have such a significant impact on forward line operations and the increased number of stand off munitions(and associated carriers) in the PAF allow it to continue its dismantling of India’s front line effort command operations unabated.

The greater danger comes from CAS and the IADs assets in Indian Army. We do not have a standoff weapon to keep our losses minimized.

I make no qualms about the eventuality of IAF winning the air conflict even at heavy losses to itself due to the numbers game, but the general pace of the ground war is going to have a great impact on where the air war goes and vice versa.

We saw them lacking in air combat but have seen the effectiveness of their strike capabilities in Kargil, and despite poor targeting and rushed delivery; their capacity for mounting determined attacks should not be discounted. Moreover, the complete haplessness of the majority of Pakistan Army assets to protect themselves against the same ensures that conventionally there is no win.

The eventual path this leads to might make the S-400 useful if it was facing a limited MRBM attack. But the current state and warhead sophistication of Pakistani nuclear arsenal all but ensure the lack of any victory for India.

I never heard of Raad2
and that somehow is my fault?

The cruise missile Babur is an all-weather nuclear capable land, sea and air launch capable missile. With a range of 700km

Study the Chinese CJ-10 cruise missile carefully, then tell me what you think is the actual range of Land launched Babur.

A systems radar coverage isn’t a perfect hemisphere. Curvature of earth and terrain make anything more than 80% potential impossible to achieve in the subcontinent.

Then come the missiles.

The true threat it brings is to our AEW assets as its longest ranged missile the 40N6 requires a basic beam and chaff maneuver from a fighter to have the missile miss easily.

The 48N6 missile is the true threat, but when can it actually engage?

Maximum range for engagement depends upon the power of the 96L6E2(for India) breaking through jamming(extremely likely) of a target.
Each of the 5 regiments of Indian S-400(deliveries to complete in 2023) is likely to be day-1 targets facing stand off weapons from multiple vectors.
For it to shoot down the launch aircraft it needs to break below the curvature of the earth and terrain, so position them closer to the border and consequently expose them to attack or push them back further and lose their effectiveness is a decision.

However, the S-400 isn’t alone; its going to be guarded by Shorads and interceptors as well.
While the 27th of February 2019 was a demonstration of PAF weapons superiority over IAF frontline fighters, even with more potent weapons such as the Meteor and I-derby the mix of Amraam, PL-10B and PL-15 will continue to maintain a balance in A2A engagements.

The focus will likely be to create corridors using a combination of jamming and stand off weapons to overwhelm the Indian ADGe in the area.
It is likely that a package to kill the S-400 might comprise upto 40 aircraft with a loss percentage between 5-20%.
But the weapons and EW capacity to kill two Indian S-400 batteries deployed a 150km behind their lines exist TODAY.

That being said, while the batteries will push PAF HVAA’s further west and likely constrain operational profiles of sorties in the east; they will not have such a significant impact on forward line operations and the increased number of stand off munitions(and associated carriers) in the PAF allow it to continue its dismantling of India’s front line effort command operations unabated.

The greater danger comes from CAS and the IADs assets in Indian Army. We do not have a standoff weapon to keep our losses minimized.

I make no qualms about the eventuality of IAF winning the air conflict even at heavy losses to itself due to the numbers game, but the general pace of the ground war is going to have a great impact on where the air war goes and vice versa.

We saw them lacking in air combat but have seen the effectiveness of their strike capabilities in Kargil, and despite poor targeting and rushed delivery; their capacity for mounting determined attacks should not be discounted. Moreover, the complete haplessness of the majority of Pakistan Army assets to protect themselves against the same ensures that conventionally there is no win.

The eventual path this leads to might make the S-400 useful if it was facing a limited MRBM attack. But the current state and warhead sophistication of Pakistani nuclear arsenal all but ensure the lack of any victory for India.

I am not sure whether Feb27 can be used as a yardstick to conclusively say PAF had technical superiority.

Using past behaviour as guide Pak is going to throw everything in its arsenal with extreme aggression from the first minute. India has to throw its defensive mindset. Now that article 370 is out of the way and it’s knows where major powers stand, India should not hesitate to up the ante.

My view, India must aggressively enhance and use stand off munitions to heavily cripple Pak military assets considering Pak’s limited strategic depth at the beginning of any war if it comes to it.

Anyhow the day S400 has to be fired In anger the region probably is a lost cause.

SSW assets on ground BEL inside India.

ECM and jamming in the air by PAF EW aircraft which will reduce S400 radar coverage by degrading it, in the area where PAF aircrafts will operate. EW aircraft or EW pods on fighter aircraft like F-16 will also deter any attempts to get locked on by S-400 Radar. PAF will use decoys such as drones with deliberate higher RCS than F-16 or JF-17, so the drones get targeted and shot down. When large amount of noise or barrage jamming will be directed towards the incoming frequencies from S-400 radar, it would know that PAF is operating in the area but wouldn’t be able to lock on. The distance of S-400 radar from PAF aircraft will also play a factor e.g. radar coverage at maximum coverage edges doesn’t guarantee a lock on and shoot down. The radar will be on ground which means low altitude flying by PAF will be demonstrated. Since the radar power is not the same in all geographical area due to variable terrain, this will be fully exploited by PAF since it can be calculated which factors will degrade radar coverage over certain terrain.

It’s better to spoof or confuse the radar through deception rather than sending salvo of cruise missiles to destroy it. The introduction of S300 or S400 has made SEAD/DEAD operations challenging but not made then obsolete. It has also enabled airforces to research into EW and ECM options.

S400: I can't be defeated
F-35: Hold my beer
Pakistan should try to get F-35s it's the one which can take care of S400

You won't have chance to fire at your will... am sure your leaders are more mature...
Sadly, yours are not mature at all.

I see that boasting from Pakistan members side too brother.. look at your last sentence... anyway if our forces are mess , may be that good for you guys.. good luck..

Boasting? If only you were self aware to know what your country had been doing since 26th Feb and continued even afterwards 27th when your a$$es were handed to you guys. Instead making claims which are laughable, or should I point out Indian media suggesting that a single Sikh Battalion can conquer Pakistan in mere hours, it seems Indians dont have even passing relation with reality anymore.

you need to hold your own beer.. and the F35 is just an illusion
F-35 is an illusion and S400 is War proven defence system?? Lol. S400 is much over rated than you think, is F-35

F-35 is an illusion and S400 is War proven defence system?? Lol. S400 is much over rated than you think, is F-35

i havent said a single thing that promotes or defends the S400
btw your last sentence is incomplete.. you were probably distracted with all that Lolling..

Back
Top Bottom