What's new

How to become a SSG? Information

To put it politely Kasrkin NO ITS NOT.

For example when the commandos were first raised by Winston Churchill he called for "men of the hunter class" not pumped up drug addicts.

As for the SAS having read a book recently on a man who joined 21 SAS Artist Rifles I assure you that mental determination is miles more important. Being an adrenaline junkie will not help you out in the hills on long marches or during resistance to interrogation training.
Dear Sir,All due Respect Winston has nothing to do with Commandos let alone be a struck as a Pioneer.A Class of Elite warriors is as old as history itself,And I also accept I am not a W.C fan :P

Assalam Alaikum
Can a graduate who has just passed out from PMA apply for OACC or does he have to serve in the army for some certain time duration after which he becomes eligible? Is there any age limit to volunteer for OACC at SSG school?

You need to get into the army, serve in any normal regiment for 2 years(maybe its 3 now) before you can apply for the SSG. Selection is very tough; less then 15%; make it and all those who apply are very determined as it is...And SSG training itself is simple madness...Only adrenaline junkies join up anyway(wheather they know it themselves or not)

So it's easier to get in than it is to get into LUMS....nice.

Back
Top Bottom