What's new

How to become a SSG? Information

Mercenary101

New Recruit

Reaction score
Do i need certain experiance in the army?

what are the major things I have to study besides the english language?

Im well aware of there type of training its just the matter of getting in.

As far as I know you cannot join SSG directly, either you are a commissioned officer or a part of NCOs (Non commissioned officers). The criteria is very strict, I think the experienced forum members can put some light on this.

You need to get into the army, serve in any normal regiment for 2 years(maybe its 3 now) before you can apply for the SSG. Selection is very tough; less then 15% make it and all those who apply are very determined as it is...And SSG training itself is simple madness...Only adrenaline junkies join up anyway(wheather they know it themselves or not)

You need to get into the army, serve in any normal regiment for 2 years(maybe its 3 now) before you can apply for the SSG. Selection is very tough; less then 15% make it and all those who apply are very determined as it is...And SSG training itself is simple madness...Only adrenaline junkies join up anyway(wheather they know it themselves or not)

adrenaline you say >=] yesss sounds like my kinda thing

adrenaline you say >=] yesss sounds like my kinda thing

SSG or for that matter any special forces do not require adrenaline junkies what they need is men with mental determination, high personal standards as well as high physical standards.

You are making it sound like some sort of a extreme sports club when SSG is a body of highly diciplined and professional soldiers

SSG or for that matter any special forces do not require adrenaline junkies what they need is men with mental determination, high personal standards as well as high physical standards.

You are making it sound like some sort of a extreme sports club when SSG is a body of highly diciplined and professional soldiers

yea i get what you mean...but during training its heart pumping. i think i got the dicipline down because I did many martial arts that require alot of that plus determination.

yea some how i know little things how to join SSG's the first little step is to pass entry test i know it sounds crazy but the thing is that you have to pass some question regarding your selves which are repeated many times after that some difficult questions are given to you cant give you examples right now almost 150 to 300 soldiers apply each year in which only batch of 30 to 45 are selected you must be atleast Capt or liutent(very rare case).......

yea i get what you mean...but during training its heart pumping. i think i got the dicipline down because I did many martial arts that require alot of that plus determination.

Martial arts and military training are TOTALLY different things. If you had ever done a TAB then you would know what it takes. It's easy to think about threse things when you are rested and comfortable. try running a marathon then doing a weights session AND then do your martial arts. Oh and also you only have a few moments to eat and sleep inbetween.

First you got to have commission in the army and then after a service of 2-3 years you can volenteer for the SSG. You have to appear in the selection test(which is a physical one-tough ofcourse) and then you land in SSG school for OACC (officers advance commando course). 9 months of unbearable traing and then you get the most prestiges SSG wing to put on your unifrom.

In short it is said that only the people damned by their mothers join the Pakistan SSG!

Enigma,

To be very specific (it can be even more specific :-), the officers have to apply for the SSG selection. GHQ decides on who will get out there to test out (you need to have a couple of other approvals prior to the GHQ approval). Then you get out there. You go through a bunch of tests and then after your selection, you go through the basic SSG course. All ranks go through the basic course, but only officers and some select JCOs after completing the basic course go to the advanced course. So the officers training is much more rigorous in the SSG than that of the other ranks.

Enigma,

To be very specific (it can be even more specific :-), the officers have to apply for the SSG selection. GHQ decides on who will get out there to test out (you need to have a couple of other approvals prior to the GHQ approval). Then you get out there. You go through a bunch of tests and then after your selection, you go through the basic SSG course. All ranks go through the basic course, but only officers and some select JCOs after completing the basic course go to the advanced course. So the officers training is much more rigorous in the SSG than that of the other ranks.

Thnx for the addition. I missed the GHQ part. Ofcourse the security clearance stuff has to be completed due to the nature of the job SSG people are to perform. And yes, after completing the basic course the officers go for the advance course, this basic course is diffrent then the OBCC run locally.

Uh, dude its the same thing. I have heard British SAS say that the only reason people join them is because they are adrenaline junkies...Being in the Special Forces is a very hard job, and the people who truely belong there are the people who enjoy it. What makes you think 'adrenaline junkies' can have no mental determination, high personal standards, high physical standards and all that.
I know a lot of people in the army with a lot of the above and they dont apply for the SSG, why I asked them? Because they say they are not cut out for that sort of thing, as in accepting a challange just because its a challange. For that you need an adrenaline junkie or some one who actually enjoys being on the edge, because by the standards of a normal human-being SSG training is simple madness.

To put it politely Kasrkin NO ITS NOT.

For example when the commandos were first raised by Winston Churchill he called for "men of the hunter class" not pumped up drug addicts.

As for the SAS having read a book recently on a man who joined 21 SAS Artist Rifles I assure you that mental determination is miles more important. Being an adrenaline junkie will not help you out in the hills on long marches or during resistance to interrogation training.

Alright JK, what ever you say....

Can't speak for the SSG's policy But having met a few Members of the SAS Gotta concur with JK. Adrenaline junkies are the type to look for the next "high".

The simple truth that most people realise is that they have selections to get rid of people like that. AND that primarily they have to be very well trained soldiers. You know carrypacks of ridiculous weights for miles and then go and fight at the end of it.
They have something called LONG DRAG and SICKENER'S which are designed to remove "Adrenaline Junkies"

Back
Top Bottom