What's new

How to be more conversent in English

Try to think in English and then speak. Don't think in Bangla/Hindi and then translate it to English.
that happens automatically once you consume a lot of English media...
people who studied in vernacular medium schools focus unnecessarily on grammar and (and some on vocab) and treat English like mathematics.
Initially when they try to speak English they are translating words, which can never be fast enough and you will end up looking for words in your mental dictionary.

English is a funny language,,,,
For more u can watch movies like "chupke chupke" Amitabh /Dharmendra movie,,,,by the end of the movie u ll be well versed with English or may Stop using it ,,

Thats Namak Halal and thats Ranjeet over there.

I feel Kumar Vishwas tries to imitate this character's way of speaking.

what is lewis book

Goyal_Word_Power_Made_Easy.jpg

Hey guys, I want to know how to be more conversant in English. I confess my English is not that good. Esp. English vocabulary is horrible. I can still talk decently in English but as in Bangladesh English is NOT considered a second language, its still considered a foreign language most Bangladeshi educated people are also generally poor in English. Bad education system. I am now in university level but honestly if I compare my English skill to a school level Indian I will get embarrassed easily.

My problem is when I start speaking in English something happens in my stomach. Butterflies start running inside. Very nervous. How to be more conversant / communicative in English? Please give your advice.

1544472_687594801262157_1495144007_n.jpg

:p:
just remember one thing..........think in english :P
yea it may sound funny but its a fact....people who usually face problem in speaking english...do only one thing......i.e they think in their local language nd try to translate it into english......!!!
you know y people speak their local language fluently??....the reason is they think in that language....have you ever tried thinking in english then translating it into your local language??...if u will try this u will come to know what i want to say :)..

Did you larn english by watching shows or just reading books?

I did both and regular conversation as well :-)

I hate reading books. I learnt English in school you know ABC past tense present tense etc but I learnt to speak and write from TV shows. WWE then Friends and now I even have Canadian accent :D YOu ant to know how I sound? lol

I hate reading books. I learnt English in school you know ABC past tense present tense etc but I learnt to speak and write from TV shows. WWE then Friends and now I even have Canadian accent :D YOu ant to know how I sound? lol

What are you talking aboot :D

I am conversant in 6 languages. English is a language which came naturally to me even though Hindi is our spoken home language. If you learn the syntax of a language then the semantics and the alphabets come in after memorising those aspects and after practice at speaking the language

I am conversant in 6 languages. English is a language which came naturally to me even though Hindi is our spoken home language. If you learn the syntax of a language then the semantics and the alphabets come in after memorising those aspects and after practice at speaking the language
6 languages? I want to learn another language but too lazy...

For a start watch BBC , the quality of english there is good.

Check meanings & usage of unfamiliar words.

For a start watch BBC , the quality of english there is good.

Check meanings & usage of unfamiliar words.

WTF YOu have to watch Jersey Shore to learn American and American ways. Best way to learn English out there :)

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom