What's new

How PAF Should Counter the SU-30 MKI

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you want to restrict the discussion to current inventory, lets us just stick to it. Currently PAF has three squadrons of JF17, 4 of F16. Rest all the aircraft in PAF arsenal are old third gen aircrafts with no BVR capability. Even in fourth gen, only 18 F16s have BVR capability and S10 integration on JF17 is not confirmed and has been questioned by your own compatriots.

Currently IAF is equipped with 8 squadrons of Su-30 MKI, which is more than a match for 7 squadrons of Jf17 and F16 combined. How can you say that JF17 is just starting to develop, when JF17 Blk II is already out and it came with almost zero upgrades, only Blk III is left now. MLU's won't take place before 15 years. No one is saying that India will keep nothing in reserve for china, however we can mobilise all our Su30s to Pakistan border and leave the rest for china if need arises. People need to understand how much this aircraft brings to the table, a single Su30MKI can carry as much weapons as 4 Jf17s and cruise through whole of pakistan, and then come back, and land in India. Its no joke that it defeated F15 during CI-2004

And got its a$$ kicked when we Americans said "Ok, jokes aside...lets play the real game now."

F-15s came out victorious in Red Flag. I think you haven't seen the U.S F-15 pilot's video regarding the issue? :lol:

O.K....

In EVERY fight between Mig-29 and F-16, F-16 shot the mig down...I'm talking about real battles, not some "exercises"....

Secondly, U.S pilots don't have nightmares from anything. This isn't IAF we are talking about.....

Thirdly, Su-30 doesn't have the range of 3000 km, but 300 may be...Also, Mr Sukhoi Thirty isn't someone special. Every plane will be carrying jammers, ECM pod, precision strike munitions, rockets and what not. So lets come back to reality now. Su30 is just another 4th gen fighter...nothing big (no matter how badly indians want to believe)...

Lastly, su30 can carry just one cruise missile..and when it is carrying that..I dont think it would be 'fighting' at the same time....

42 super sukhois will be able to carry 3 brahmos cruise missiles where as other mkis will carry just one...and mki's range is more than 3000km without any external fuel tanks..go learn before posting nonsense!

[/B]

And got its a$$ kicked when we Americans said "Ok, jokes aside...lets play the real game now."

F-15s came out victorious in Red Flag. I think you haven't seen the U.S F-15 pilot's video regarding the issue? :lol:

It has been discussed a million times that Su-30 radars were operating in training mode to prevent US from capturing signature.

indian, he was talking in the context of "mini AWACS"...means he was talking about radar range.

no he is not talking about radar. he said about aircrafts range. and also su30mki bars radar detection range is 400+km and its tracking range is 200+km.

1. Planes dont fight , pilots fight . All the instances you have mentioned are when inexperinced pilots from thirld world countries like IRAQ were gunned down by highly experinced US pilots . Those US pilots were using AWACS also which IRAQIs didnot have . Had it been erstwhile Soviet UNION and a fight between Mig-29s and F-16s , the story would have been much bloodier. Remember that in Korean wars , the soviet pilots (in Korean disguise) inflicted heavy damages to US aircrafts . Had the same airbattle been fought full-on with Soviets, the news would be full of many downed US pilots.

2. Su-30 does have a range of 3000 KMs after refuelling .

3.Agree that every plane carries jammers , ECM pod and etc etc . But that limits their ability to fight . This is not the case with Su-30 . If it fights with the enemy with same configuration , it will outperform by using its high thrust to weight ratio. At any time su-30 would be carrying more weapons and that too in variety .

4. Well , i never said that it carries more than 1 cruise missile , but it doesnot limit its capability to fight .Though there would be some drag while turning but su-30 can deal with it given its powerhouse engine. However , Russians might explain it much better.

Oh I thought you were talking about radar range, since you mentioned Su-30 as being a "mini AWACS" before you wrote the range....

Also, Soviet pilots weren't that good either. Their tactics were very rigid. Soviets didn't perform well when faced with highly-trained fighter pilots such as Pakistanis and Israelis.

BTW, Iraqis were trained by Soviets themselves...lol...

42 super sukhois will be able to carry 3 brahmos cruise missiles where as other mkis will carry just one...and mki's range is more than 3000km without any external fuel tanks..go learn before posting nonsense!

That was a misunderstanding...

Go learn manners you thirdworlder from a sh!thole pathetic nation.

indian, he was talking in the context of "mini AWACS"...means he was talking about radar range.

American , you got me wrong . I was talking about range of flight . When we talk about range , common sense tells us that it should be range of flight and not range of Radar ( unless stated )

It has been discussed a million times that Su-30 radars were operating in training mode to prevent US from capturing signature.

American F-15s defeated Su-30s in dog fighting mode...Many kills with gun! I don't think this "radar" excuse will quite work here....lol

American , you got me wrong . I was talking about range of flight . When we talk about range , common sense tells us that it should be range of flight and not range of Radar ( unless stated )

Offcourse, but when some indian gloat about russian-bought su-30..and call it "mini awacs" right before stating "Oh its range is 3000km" , then chances of misunderstanding increase manifold.

[/B]

Sukhoi 30MKI did not take part in red flag, it was Su30Mk, you are an idiot.

Secondly, I think you haven't read the news where USAF apologized to IAF for the pilot's comments and the video was removed the internet as well.

Oh I thought you were talking about radar range, since you mentioned Su-30 as being a "mini AWACS" before you wrote the range....

Also, Soviet pilots weren't that good either. Their tactics were very rigid. Soviets didn't perform well when faced with highly-trained fighter pilots such as Pakistanis and Israelis.

BTW, Iraqis were trained by Soviets themselves...lol...

That was a misunderstanding...

Go learn manners you thirdworlder from a sh!thole pathetic nation.

American F-15s defeated Su-30s in dog fighting mode...Many kills with gun! I don't think this "radar" excuse will quite work here....lol

Thats completely OK.

US has better trained pilots than India.

You cannot comment on SU-30 capability based on Red Flag exercises. In the real world, AFs rely heavily on BVR, dog-fighting may not even be required.

well pakistani members are going gaga over the so called AWACS backed JF17s but are theynot forgetting whats on indian side well to start with owr lets assume 3 greenpines and two aerostats cover whole pakistani air space coupled withy worlds most advanced (wich big daddy china wanted but count get) THE PHALCON(which will cover all pakistani airspace and a bit more while flying almost 60 km inside India ) NOW SAY 190 su30 & 45m2k +45mig 29 ugrd +say 90 odd bisons as point defence to give back up (not talkin about Rafales)against pakistan will Field say 150 JF17 + 80 blok 52 F16 + 3 awacs and a hand ful of F7 well think twice asIAF will not be fielding onli russian BVRs onli we have some french and israeli hardware also ;)

Point is pakistan cannot counter IAF but as they say dushman ko kabhi kamzor nahi samjhna chahiye and it applies to both sides enjoy :D

Sukhoi 30MKI did not take part in red flag, you are an idiot.

Secondly, I think you haven't read the news where USAF apologized to IAF for the pilot's comments and the video was removed the internet as well.

:lol:

ok, probably indian looking aliens came to red flags then? :rofl:

lolz you are a pathetic a$$ h*le!!! And always will be.

Yes, we are. Please tell your curry-smelling indians to leave America. We don't want their curry, their smell , and their funny accent.

Indian+Air+Force++IAF+pilots+flying+their+Sukhoi+Su-30+MKI+fighter+aircraft.jpg

Thats completely OK.

US has better trained pilots than India.

You cannot comment on SU-30 capability based on Red Flag exercises. In the real world, AFs rely heavily on BVR, dog-fighting may not even be required.

Call it my American bias, but I would rate advance F-15s higher than Su-30s....

It was Su30MK, you idiot, seriously? Is USA full of people like you who can't read?

lol what? :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom