What's new

How PAF Should Counter the SU-30 MKI

Status
Not open for further replies.
so would you like to tell me who told you 200 km tracking range is for 10M2 target???

ITS MAXIMUM....MIND IT...!!!!!!!!!

and here you can check what vayu sena is saying..now do ur calculations and i will see how you do say that MKI can detect and track earlier..

The Su-30MKI Info Page - Vayu Sena

this say some thing like this...

""

so mr.hunt before accusing me of being an ignorant about difference in tracking range and detection range...look above...!

Sir, Thats wat m saying ..... my numbers are same as those in ur link. 200 is the max tracking range. & my calculations are correct. West uses a standard 3 m2 rcs while describing the range of radar while Russia uses 5 m2 or 10 m2. For Example ZHUK ME on MIG-29 has 120 kms range against 5 m2 RCS target.
200 kms is the max tracking but my calculations are based on the tracking range for F-16 Block 52. Block 30/40 can be tracked by BARS at 160 kms.
"Su-30 can Track F-16 Blk 52 [RCS 1.5m2] at 140 kms."

Sir, Thats wat m saying ..... my numbers are same as those in ur link. 200 is the max tracking range. & my calculations are correct. West uses a standard 3 m2 rcs while describing the range of radar while Russia uses 5 m2 or 10 m2. For Example ZHUK ME on MIG-29 has 120 kms range against 5 m2 RCS target.
200 kms is the max tracking but my calculations are based on the tracking range for F-16 Block 52. Block 30/40 can be tracked by BARS at 160 kms.

Some times man.... don't take it personally i just like to be funny ..... and sarcastic ...

So what your saying is

MKI can TRACK an F-16 sized target at 140-160 Km (assuming its RCS is 1.5m2) (and thats what u assume Vayusena doesn't disclose the RCS)

Dont forget the Vayusena link says "SEARCH" not "TRACK"

However the same Vayusena link says a Mig-21 sized target (3m2) is detected at 135 Km.

Only in India u will find a radar that according to u tracks lower RCS jets at bigger ranges and detects jets with comparative high RCS's at lower ranges...if that made any sense .....

For aircraft N011M has a 350 km search range and a maximum 200 km tracking range, and 60 km in the rear hemisphere. A MiG-21 for instance can be detected at a distance of up to 135 km. Design maximum search range for an F-16 target was 140-160km

On a serious note, the F-16 after the block 30's or was it 40's have 1.2m2 RCS, the ones before that is F-16 A/B's have RCS greater and are often assumed to be 5m2.So it makes quite sense if you take it that way

140-160 odd Km search range for 5m2 (old f-16's RCS)
and 135 Km for 3m2 (Mig-21)

hope that helped u two...

The 3rd para of my post.

"Let us assume the RCS of LOADED [Air Combat] JF-17 is 2 m2 RCS & tat of SU-30MKI is 10 m2 RCS. N011M Bars can TRACK earlier block F-16 at 160 - 165 kms & Block 52 at 140 kms. RCS of block 52/60 is estimated at 1.5 m2."

140 - 160 kms is the Tracking Range. N011M Bars Has a tracking range of 200 kms for a 10 m2 RCS target. You have to understand the difference between detection & tracking. The detection range of N011M Bars is 350 kms for 30 m2 RCS target.

Su-30 MKI can TRACK a F-16 Block 52 at 140 kms. Block 52 RCS is around 1.5 m2.

My intention is not to over hype the capability of any plane but to just bring out the actual facts.

U mean actual facts by editing ur earlier posts so that no one can catch u later....

Please you didn't even know about the earlier block's having higher RCS and even if you edit your last post the quote stays the same in my post, so every one can easily see what you posted earlier....

however

even if you mention 160 km range for 5m2
and 140 Km for later blocks...it does not add up...

in fact its impossible..

cuz even if u take 160 Km the range for 5m2

the range for 1.2m2 (later blocks) comes out to be somewhere near 120Km

At the other hand Pakistan Airforce has already found that RCS of Jf17 less than that of Block 52+

TRANSITION TRANSITION...

first off,dont teach me these baby things..

now check what you said in ur previous post..

N011M Bars Has a tracking range of 200 kms for a 10 m2 RCS target.

and now it is maximum....LOL!!!

200 is the max tracking range

my numbers are same as those in ur link.

WHAT???? really???

get a set of two eyes....LOL!

SELF DELETED

N011M Bars has 2 Variants ..... 4 kw & 6 kw. Almost all websites give the figures for the 4 kw variant. Su-30MKI has the 6 kw variant & hence the range slightly differs. This is the reason tat the IAF wil just upgrade & not change the radar in MKI's 1st upgrade. In a training exercise against F-16 Blk 52 of Republic of Singapore Air Force, Su-30 MKI could track F-16 Blk 52 at 143 - 147 kms. The mki was acting in AWAC role & would then direct Mig-21 Bison to take on the F-16 formation. F-16 Excelled at low level ground attack due to superior performance of SAR mode of its radar.

Any official link from PAC or PAF?

Damm ..... u did a big mistake. Now all the inside sources wil come out & give their own opinions ...... never ask for a SABOOT from them. The dont search but create their own.

I wonder if Su30MKI is soo good that it outperforms Ef2000 and , F15E in exercise , a moron would go for French Rafale

Genius! Your Comment shows How Little you know! just another fanboy noob
Su 30Mki is ''Heavy'' Air superiority Fighter! unlike Rafael a Medium class fighter (MMRCA).
only a Moron underestimates rafale in terms of situational awareness ,a2a and a2G capabilities.

N011M Bars has 2 Variants ..... 4 kw & 6 kw. Almost all websites give the figures for the 4 kw variant. Su-30MKI has the 6 kw variant & hence the range slightly differs. This is the reason tat the IAF wil just upgrade & not change the radar in MKI's 1st upgrade. In a training exercise against F-16 Blk 52 of Republic of Singapore Air Force, Su-30 MKI could track F-16 Blk 52 at 143 - 147 kms. The mki was acting in AWAC role & would then direct Mig-21 Bison to take on the F-16 formation. F-16 Excelled at low level ground attack due to superior performance of SAR mode of its radar.

Damm ..... u did a big mistake. Now all the inside sources wil come out & give their own opinions ...... never ask for a SABOOT from them. The dont search but create their own.

Aha...i found it...this is from aero India 2011

Su-30MKI_Radar_imgp5336lr.jpg

Su-30MKI Acquisition and Upgrade - IDP Sentinel

The URL I gave has the pic, u can see the high resolution version there too...

I am Moron ok and you are ? Mega Moron , just for medium combat fighter u by three times more expensive fighter than SU30MKI

No, it's the same reason why US operates F-18s and F-16s even after having F-15s. I guess they all are moronic noobs, only you have some IQ to brag about.

in short

j11b is the only answer i see so far

only 2 squarden
or
2billions usd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom