What's new

How much of Pakistani culture is Indian?

Who cares. I just wish that we had imported 'Idli Dossa' and few other South Indian dishes as well!

Me a dedicated foodie! :azn:

Delhi's Mauriya Sheraton makes a very tasty dosa. Order it for breakfast with mithi lassi. It is indeed yummy.

Just confused, how Pakistanis defined their identity from 1947-71 when half of Pakistan was Bengali. How does Muhajirs fit in their current definition of Pakistani identity. :woot:

If it wasn't rapidly thinning on top, I'd be tearing my hair out in large handfuls.

Pakistan is those who believe in Pakistan. India (the nation) is those who believe in India. Bangladesh is those who believe in Bangladesh.

Various cultures go into these three nations. They make up the cultural composition of these states. The reverse is NOT true! How can these artificial creations, these nation-states, become cultures themselves?

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!!

The vacuum created when shame left has been flled with some quality humor.

If debunking reality is humour to you, you should only watch reality shows.

Delhi's Mauriya Sheraton makes a very tasty dosa. Order it for breakfast with mithi lassi. It is indeed yummy.
Dude, never been to Delhi! :what:

Could you recommend some neutral territory? Dubai, AE, UK.... etc etc.....

I was generalizing, and I was counting the major river around which culture grew as one. When I say the Indus culture, I don't literally mean only those settlements on the banks of the Indus, any more than I want to exclude Madurai and Coimbatore, or Chettinad, because they are not literally on the banks of the Kaveri.

And if you take me literally, what happens to my people? Do we belong to the Ganges or to the Brahmaputra? The correct answer is 'both'. If you look at our features, you cannot fail to notice the Tibeto-Burman influence.

So read the description as a means of getting away from that very silly way of looking at history and culture that some people have, which lands up irritating not only Pakistanis, but also eastern Indians, southern Indians, western Indians - everyone but dwellers of the Gangetic plain

You left out Saraswati.

Naughty, naughty!

If it wasn't rapidly thinning on top, I'd be tearing my hair out in large handfuls.

Pakistan is those who believe in Pakistan. India (the nation) is those who believe in India. Bangladesh is those who believe in Bangladesh.

Various cultures go into these three nations. They make up the cultural composition of these states. The reverse is NOT true! How can these artificial creations, these nation-states, become cultures themselves?

Aren't all creations 'artificial' in nature ? :what:

You will see Pakistanis with Muhajir heritage refrain from commenting on this type of threads.

Back
Top Bottom