What's new

How many Pakistanis love to eat Masala Dosa?

Love the damn thing. Seen in weddings in Karachi(where people of taste live) quite often and available at certain Cafe's.
Prefer the good old variety with the potato filling, and the sambhar and idli.
New variations such as Chicken and Fish introduced by certain cafe's were generally just lacking. However, a Achari variety is also very good.

Tried having it the South Indian way with the darn thing leaking all over the place. it was a very messy affair. Decide to chop it up into smaller pieces to have as tiny sandwiches.

While studying abroad, convinced a Chennai based friend of mine to try a Nutella Dosa with bananas and cream. While she was happy to oblige with the dosa, she wasnt too convinced that it was still the dish since it felt more like a variation on crepe than the dish.

Also did a Spinach and Feta Dosa which was out of this world but no restaurant wants the idea.

Love the damn thing. Seen in weddings in Karachi(where people of taste live) quite often and available at certain Cafe's.
New variations such as Chicken and Fish introduced by certain cafe's were generally just lacking. However, a Achari variety is also very good.

Tried having it the South Indian way with the darn thing leaking all over the place. it was a very messy affair. Decide to chop it up into smaller pieces to have as tiny sandwiches.

While studying abroad, convinced a Chennai based friend of mine to try a Nutella Dosa with bananas and cream. While she was happy to oblige with the dosa, she wasnt too convinced that it was still the dish since it felt more like a variation on crepe than the dish.

Also did a Spinach and Feta Dosa which was out of this world but no restaurant wants the idea.

Saag wala dosa:rofl::rofl:

124725d1239634840-ooty-reclaimed-good-friday-weekend-2009-01-king-size-paper-dosa.jpg

My fav Paper dosa.Atleast one ,two in a week.

Last edited:
Heard it for the first time though in abbottabad the saltish village has alot of Bengali dishes in menu.I don't know whether bengali can be considered as south indian or not
Bengali is East Indian. Nothing to do with South India.

Though gotta say I love South Indian food.

Masala Dosa for me, with Sambar of course.
There is this old restaurant in Karachi called Ponderosa, they did good South Indian food. Haven't been there in ages though.

Dosa is readily availabale.

Sambhar is just a modified channe wali dal.............
Naah ! Not really its quite different from chane wali dal....it differs from place to place ,some use drumsticks some don't.....but one thing i know is that i m hungry for a dosa now :D
masala+dosa+f.jpg

man, not many things beat a fresh masala dosa in the morning.. one of the best breakfast foods there is, though for lunch/dinner I generally find it lacking (full masahari here, I like the meats, yo :P)

the chicken/mutton dosas are fake, that's not how it's supposed to be.. southy style aloo subzi/sambar/coconut chutney with my morning dosa only please :D

Last edited:
I used to enjoy masala dosas when i was in bangalore (about ten yrs ago) , ever small shop had great ones. but after i came to HYD i have yet to eat a great dosa. :frown::frown::frown::frown:

I don't think Masala Dosa will appeal all that much to Pakistanis. Nothing special in it really.

But I'd rather die than go through a month without without having either idly or dosa. My favorite is the Davangere Benne Masale Dose with chutney; generous dollops of butter thrown on the Masala dosa while it's made. Yummy!

I am much of an idli, vada, sambhar fan. The idli and vada soaked completely in the piping hot sambhar. Heavenly food. Especially from Shanti Sagar.

Chicken is usually served with Neer Dosa. A dosa made only from rice batter with coconut. It is a softer variety which goes very well with chicken curry. It is part of Mangalorean cuisine.
Neer Dosa Recipe - How to make Neer Dosa with chicken curry » All Recipes Indian Breakfast Recipes Indian Vegan Recipes Indian Vegetarian Recipes Konkani Recipes Mangalorean Recipes South Indian Recipes
Indian Food Recipes | Andhra Recipes | Indian Dishes Recipes | Sailu's Kitchen

Another good dosa for chicken/meat is Appam. This is from the Kerala and consists of a soft centre and crispy edges. That is awesome with chicken/mutton stew.
Chicken Stew and Appam Recipe - NDTVCooks.com

I used to enjoy masala dosas when i was in bangalore (about ten yrs ago) , ever small shop had great ones. but after i came to HYD i have yet to eat a great dosa. :frown::frown::frown::frown:

Go to Koti and aske for dosa street.You will never regret it.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom