What's new

How many languages you can speak?

I er en flok bøsserøve. Arabisk er det smukkeste sprog.

Depends on whose talking. Arabic can sound very beautiful when some people talk but when others talk it sounds like a bunch of gurgling :P. You guys get too passionate when talking as well. Half the time when my fiancee is on the phone with her mother I think they are fighting. Turns out they were having a very pleasant conversation about food.

Good explanation, but quit it:angry:. We'll have to find another common language if you start teaching everyone Icelandic.

How on earth did you as a Swede learn Icelandic :lol:. Norwegians I undestand, the Faroese and Icelandic are their pesky annoying cousins who got kicked out into the sea and had to find land elsewhere but knowing Swedish doesnt help me much with Icelandic lol.

How on earth did you as a Swede learn Icelandic :lol:. Norwegians I undestand, the Faroese and Icelandic are their pesky annoying cousins who got kicked out into the sea and had to find land elsewhere but knowing Swedish doesnt help me much with Icelandic lol.

I learned from a linguistics expert while in the USN. The Navy didn't have too many communications capable people (My focus was on submarine communications) who spoke Icelandic, since I made my way North a few times, I was tabbed for training in Icelandic. Considering Iceland is a NATO member, having someone who speaks their native language was an added benefit for me and a necessity for NATO command and the USN as a whole.

Depends on whose talking. Arabic can sound very beautiful when some people talk but when others talk it sounds like a bunch of gurgling :P. You guys get too passionate when talking as well. Half the time when my fiancee is on the phone with her mother I think they are fighting. Turns out they were having a very pleasant conversation about food.

It depends on the dialect and of the vocal of the person speaking. Anyway Arabic is well-known for being a very poetic and melodic language. Also a very powerful language. Foreigners just have to listen to a few anashid and they get that too very quickly. It's one of the most influential languages in history too and dozens of languages have many, many Arabic loan-words or words of Arabic origin. Look no further than Spanish which some linguistics say is 20% Arabic in terms of vocabulary. Most Spanish cities (major ones) are of Arabic origin too starting from Madrid. Many letters are pronounced the same way. They have even adopted the saying "ojalá". Google where that comes from.:)

It's also a very logical language but at the same time complex.

In any case all languages have their charm and the better you master a language the more interesting it becomes.

Let me guess, your finance is an Iraqi Arab? There is a HUGE Arab/Assyrian community in Sweden originally from Iraq. I have made many friends among them during my time in Copenhagen.

Last edited:
U have cleared dlpt5? Thats cool list!

Pakistani gf while u are living in india?

What is the difference btw mandarin and cantonese and how different is chinese/mandarin from japanese?

To me sindhi sounds closer to urdu not sure tho.
Balochi dont rem,pushto is unfathomable ,very different. But what i wanna know is that why baloch always know pushto ? Or is it just some baloch ppl? And do all pakhtoons of balochistan know balochi?

OMG, Shamain don't you know every Indian has an Indian girlfriend? :eek: and most if them have "friends whose sister dated a Pakistani guy but soon broke up with him because of certain reasons which I can't tell to you...." :p. Well that's the most common excuse I have heard from them, especially those I met in U.K. But on the lighter note, you really ought to learn to swear in French, its an language built for swearing :D happy swearing....

Let me guess, your finance is an Iraqi Arab? There is a HUGE Arab/Assyrian community in Sweden originally from Iraq. I have made many friends among them during my time in Copenhagen.

Falestini but yeah theres loads of Iraqis here. In my experiance the most crude sounding Arabic is the N. African and Iraqi dialect no doubt. Lebanese sounds like the softest. Have learnt a bit fusha myself but only end up becoming a joke when I try using it with Arabs in a normal day context haha.

Falestini but yeah theres loads of Iraqis here. In my experiance the most crude sounding Arabic is the N. African and Iraqi dialect no doubt. Lebanese sounds like the softest. Have learnt a bit fusha myself but only end up becoming a joke when I try using it with Arabs in a normal day context haha.

@Falcon29 you hear that?:D

I guess that it totally depends on what you mean with "crude". In my eyes no Arabic dialect sounds crude while I find many languages "sissy sounding" in lack of better descriptions. Won't mention names here though, lol.

The Iraqi dialect (there are actually 3 main ones) is great in my opinion. Iraqis are well-known poets and musicians. I like Iraqi dialect very much and it's close to the ones spoken on the Arabian Peninsula. My native Arabic dialect is Hijazi which is very similar to Egyptian, Sudanese, Shami (Levant) and Yemeni. All neighboring regions. I always tell that Hijazi (urban one) is a slightly different version of standard Egyptian just much less popular/well-known.

It's all about hard work but if you marry your finance it becomes obligatory. No escape then. She will have to learn Urdu/Punjabi/Pashto too.

Speaking about languages of Pakistan then I know a few Urdu phrases here and there. Many people in the GCC can speak languages of the Subcontinent.:D

@Falcon29 you hear that?:D

I guess that it totally depends on what you mean with "crude". In my eyes no Arabic dialect sounds crude while I find many languages "sissy sounding" in lack of better descriptions. Won't mention names here though, lol.

The Iraqi dialect (there are actually 3 main ones) is great in my opinion. Iraqis are well-known poets and musicians. I like Iraqi dialect very much and it's close to the ones spoken on the Arabian Peninsula. My native Arabic dialect is Hijazi which is very similar to Egyptian, Sudanese, Shami (Levant) and Yemeni. All neighboring regions. I always tell that Hijazi (urban one) is a slightly different version of standard Egyptian just much less popular/well-knon.

It's all about hard work but if you marry your finance it becomes obligatory. No escape then.

Speaking about languages of Pakistan then I know a few Urdu phrases here and there. Many people in the GCC can speak languages of the Subcontinent.:D

I actually genuinely want to learn Arabic but also have no choice anyways because interacting with the elders in her family is not possible since they don't speak very good Swedish. So shway shway im leaarning and in the near future will be able to say ana atakalm arabi haha.

Hahah we all 3 are alike.

Hindko kya potohari jaisi hoti hai? Aur mujhay yeh zarur batain kay kin areas ki pakistan may khas karkay yeh language hai. Aur pushto kahan say seekhi??
می ٹو فروم اے جے کے۔ مگر شہر نہیں بتانا

Oh @Umair Nawaz ididnt ask u and @engineer saad ap logon ki dhudhi kairlali hoti hai
We speak Pahari language in AJK.

Back
Top Bottom