What's new

How many dollars we need to pay for "affordable transport (lexus) for all"

$20 billion a year is your estimate for providing all the services as demanded by @syedali73?

Japan is a welfare state. It too provides many of the services demanded by @syedali73?

Do you know the cost of welfare in Japan per year for the last 5-6 years?
same question for @Chak Bamu sahib

Just curious.

Thank you

p.s. didn't touch your point on people getting lazy as I want to focus on cost for the moment.

OK...just thought you were a bit more deeper than that. As you said, if it is purely about cost then a few questions do come up.

Whom are you comparing to Japan with? or much rather Japanese economy and work ethics with?

There are a lot of contradictions here when you want to bring in benefits of a welfare state into an overwhelmingly ideological and a security state like Pakistan. The security apparatus bites off a big chunk of the state's meager resources and the ideological state does not provide the freedom or the atmosphere to make it into a truly free, liberal welfare state. I am not comparing here with the oil rich arab states - rather the real free, liberal welfare states.

The security apparatus bites off a big chunk of the state's meager resources and the ideological state does not provide the freedom or the atmosphere to make it into a truly free, liberal welfare state.

What a frank assessment. Bingo!

OK...just thought you were a bit more deeper than that. As you said, if it is purely about cost then a few questions do come up.

Whom are you comparing to Japan with? or much rather Japanese economy and work ethics with?

There are a lot of contradictions here when you want to bring in benefits of a welfare state into an overwhelmingly ideological and a security state like Pakistan. The security apparatus bites off a big chunk of the state's meager resources and the ideological state does not provide the freedom or the atmosphere to make it into a truly free, liberal welfare state. I am not comparing here with the oil rich arab states - rather the real free, liberal welfare states.

A young man walks in to your financial advising company.

Says I want to buy a million dollar home, a lexus, a yacht, and a private plane.

asks you to arrange funds / money for him

Here are the steps typically used by the advisor:

1. Calculate upfront and yearly cost for the million dollar home, the lexus he is interested, the yacht, and the private plane.
2. Check the savings and monthly income of the young man
3. Compare 1 and 2 and make a decision as yes or no.

Case closed.

Or we start lecturing the young man, not to buy million dollar home, a lexus, a yacht, and a private plane because

A - he has bad work ethic
B - will become lazy if he start living in a million dollar home, driving a lexus, sailing a yacht, and flying a private plane.
C - he doesn't look or smell like a gora
C - he is corrupt
D - His mum dad and gran pappy and gran mommy are corrupt

etc. etc.

Thank you.

A young man walks in to your financial advising company.

Says I want to buy a million dollar home, a lexus, a yacht, and a private plane.

asks you to arrange funds / money for him

Here are the steps typically used by the advisor:

1. Calculate upfront and yearly cost for the million dollar home, the lexus he is interested, the yacht, and the private plane.
2. Check the savings and monthly income of the young man
3. Compare 1 and 2 and make a decision as yes or no.

Case closed.

Or we start lecturing the young man, not to buy million dollar home, a lexus, a yacht, and a private plane because

A - he has bad work ethic
B - will become lazy if he start living in a million dollar home, driving a lexus, sailing a yacht, and flying a private plane.
C - he doesn't look or smell like a gora
C - he is corrupt
D - His mum dad and gran pappy and gran mommy are corrupt

etc. etc.

Thank you.

I have dealt with bankers and financiers - and, no they don't appreciate bad work ethic, laziness, doesn't look right, don't appreciate wrong work culture and hardly bother about your lineage or your family tree.

Very complex to figure out cost as affordable to you might not be affordable to someone else.

Very complex to figure out cost as affordable to you might not be affordable to someone else.

not really.

in each category of service and product there is internationally accepted cost.

Affordability is to select a cost level.

Based cost (before local taxes, options etc) for Toyota Corolla with 1.8 L engine is pretty much the same all over the world.

Camery is next step up in cost.

For anyone of us it is pretty straightforward to figure out which model make options of a car is affordable.

Hope this helps.

Back
Top Bottom