What's new

How many countries have you travelled so far? / planning to visit

My fav cities in Europe have to be Barcelona (specially la rambla ;) ) and Berlin. Both are great if you're into culture/history/architecture and stuff, as well as if you're just looking to have some fun

The last time I was in Berlin way back in 92 there wasn't a lot of Architectural (pre Word War) stuff around thanks to the Allies. Still remeber a big church with a big hole. I think a lot has changed now. They had grand plans for the reconstruction of the city after the unification.

Just a few additions to your post Zaki Bahi. Hope you don't mind

Well it depends upon your choice

For Museums: London & Paris are best + Florence (esp. ART from Renaissance era-)
For Architecture: Paris and Rome are best
For Greenery and Cleanliness: Germany, Norway and Sweden are better
For Natural Beauty: Switzerland and Norway
For weather and if you are fond of beaches: Spain is better choice + Weather wise Italy is also great
For Romance: I would say Venice is better choice than Paris :P
Venice is great if you are loaded. For poor people like me Paris is a bigger bang for the buck :D

The last time I was in Berlin way back in 92 there wasn't a lot of Architectural (pre Word War) stuff around thanks to the Allies. Still remeber a big church with a big hole. I think a lot has changed now. They had grand plans for the reconstruction of the city after the unification.

It's a great place to visit now. You should definitely see Checkpoint Charlie, the old parliment (?) etc. Lots of places with historical significance.

Oh and the nightlife is great. Berlin comes alive in the night. I boarded the metro at 4 AM on a tuesday and couldn't get a seat due to crowding!!

Oh, and I forgot to add, their train station is truely a sight to behold. An amazing mix of Pre-WW architecture as well as modern technology. The only comparison I can find to the Berlin train station is the Antwep train station

Just a few additions to your post Zaki Bahi. Hope you don't mind

well agreed - weather wise Italy is also great... I first wrote Italy's name and then removed it thinking i have written too many locations in my list

Museums... oh well i think Florence has wonderful and beautiful museums who are famous all over the world but when you compare those museums with the museums in London and Paris they do not stand a chance in front of these cities. Yes there are couple of good museums out there but I was trying to curtail the list with one or two options only

True, You enjoy Venice if you are loaded :lol:
otherwise it will empty your pockets as soon as you arrive at the Airport

I have been to Nepal, South Africa, Singapore (small transit tour) and USA... while I loved sportsmanship of Africans and Professionalism/ Law maintenance of US govt but I am deeply impressed with the hard work of Nepalis..

Planning this year to go to UK due to Project work.. if got a chance, will go to Thailand/Malaysia..

Ahhhh...... good question. Let me put in my answer. I have visited the following countries starting from one end to the other.

1. New Zealand.
2. Australia.
3. Indonesia.
4. Malaysia.
5. Singapore.
6. Thailand.
7. Vietnam.
8. Cambodia.
9. Hong Kong (SAR).
10. Taiwan.
11. Korea.
12. China.
13. Bangladesh.
14. Nepal.
15. Sri Lanka.
Going west of India now.
16. Iran.
17. U.A.E
18. Oman
19. Qatar.
20. Bahrain.
21. Turkey
Now Europe:
22. Russia.
23. Germany.
24. Spain.
25. Austria.
26. The Netherlands.
Now Africa:
27. Kenya.
28. Ethiopia.
29. Nigeria
30. Togo
31. South Africa.
32. Namibia.

And finally

33. The US of A.

Edit: Sorry forgot No. 34. Greece. My previous employer could have sued me for forgetting the paid trips :)

I am planning to add to the list at least Saudi Arabia, Egypt, U.K, Jordan this year.

Ahhhh...... good question. Let me put in my answer. I have visited the following countries starting from one end to the other.

1. New Zealand.
2. Australia.
3. Indonesia.
4. Malaysia.
5. Singapore.
6. Thailand.
7. Vietnam.
8. Cambodia.
9. Hong Kong (SAR).
10. Taiwan.
11. Korea.
12. China.
13. Bangladesh.
14. Nepal.
15. Sri Lanka.
Going west of India now.
16. Iran.
17. U.A.E
18. Oman
19. Qatar.
20. Bahrain.
21. Turkey
Now Europe:
22. Russia.
23. Germany.
24. Spain.
25. Austria.
26. The Netherlands.
Now Africa:
27. Kenya.
28. Ethiopia.
29. Nigeria
30. Togo
31. South Africa.
32. Namibia.

And finally

33. The US of A.

Edit: Sorry forgot No. 34. Greece. My previous employer could have sued me for forgetting the paid trips :)

I am planning to add to the list at least Saudi Arabia, Egypt, U.K, Jordan this year.

:woot: Man what do you do for a living?

Historical, Cultural, Architectural, Technological, Clean etc.

Parts of Eurpoe that still retain their old grandeur are a must visit.
...from history, Art and Culture perspective...

Why would any of that interest you? Is it your culture, your art, your architecture and above all your history? Or you don't have those at home?

Because.....wait...aren't you IN europe? France I believe from your flags?

Been invited by the nation of France to contribute in their progress, and in ours:) Not vacationing.

Why would any of that interest you? Is it your culture, your art, your architecture and above all your history? Or you don't have those at home?
I have keen interest in history and architecture :)

Be it Pakistan or Europe or African history... history is history - it is not like you should only learn or care about your own history only and the history of other nation isn't important for you

By your logic, If I have a fridge at my home in Pakistan... I don't require one in London

(with no offence intended)

You are questioning the whole process of learning :what:.
Just like you learned Science and Technology (many of which are western) and today using those tools for your progress (for France and Pakistan) there is much to from their history, art and culture as well that we can use for our progress.

Went to Iraq,Turkey,Jordan,Dubai,Cyprus,Nepal and Qatar.
Wish to visit Switzerland,New Zealand,Holland and UK.

^^^^^^^^^^
A person who hides his nationality, shouldn't even be allowed to post his opinion. Don't dare saying that when you travel again to my homeland.

I have traveled in England, German, France, Italy, Russia, Portugal, Mongolia, South Korea, Vietnam, Maldives.

@Ibris

She deleted her post... now you too edit your post by removing Balchistan replacing the correct word :angry:

I don't want you guyz to destroy my thread :flame:

PS: I don't think you have been to Pakistan... so just update your post with true statement

Florence is a nice town, Rome, ok, but Venice? Really? I hated Venice with the smell of stale water and overpriced everything :argh:

If you go where the locals go its really not too bad, I remember the taking the gondola for river crossing for 1 Euro though the hotels are abit much. The best quiet area in Italy I reckon are Sicily & Naples for sightseeing or a romantic getaway will be exploring the 5 town of the Cinque Terre region get prepared to pay though :D

Back
Top Bottom