What's new

How many countries have you travelled so far? / planning to visit

Ahhhh...... good question. Let me put in my answer. I have visited the following countries starting from one end to the other.

1. New Zealand.
2. Australia.
3. Indonesia.
4. Malaysia.
5. Singapore.
6. Thailand.
7. Vietnam.
8. Cambodia.
9. Hong Kong (SAR).
10. Taiwan.
11. Korea.
12. China.
13. Bangladesh.
14. Nepal.
15. Sri Lanka.
Going west of India now.
16. Iran.
17. U.A.E
18. Oman
19. Qatar.
20. Bahrain.
21. Turkey
Now Europe:
22. Russia.
23. Germany.
24. Spain.
25. Austria.
26. The Netherlands.
Now Africa:
27. Kenya.
28. Ethiopia.
29. Nigeria
30. Togo
31. South Africa.
32. Namibia.

And finally

33. The US of A.

Edit: Sorry forgot No. 34. Greece. My previous employer could have sued me for forgetting the paid trips :)

I am planning to add to the list at least Saudi Arabia, Egypt, U.K, Jordan this year.

........... i am flat..

I have visited only 3 foreign countries as of now.Germany Belgium & France.In the future,I am planning to visit Dubai,Sharjah & Abu Dhabi.

I have keen interest in history and architecture :)

Be it Pakistan or Europe or African history... history is history - ...

I wasn't thinking along those lines, and I agree with you inasmuch as above.

The thing that I find is that tourism is too lopsided towards Europe. Africa or Japan or India have just as much to offer you in terms of culture (including architecture) and art. In fact they open your mind by introducing to new ways of thinking. I would think, having seen Europe but not China, that my cultural education is incomplete.

I wasn't thinking along those lines, and I agree with you inasmuch as above.

The thing that I find is that tourism is too lopsided towards Europe. Africa or Japan or India have just as much to offer you in terms of culture (including architecture) and art. In fact they open your mind by introducing to new ways of thinking. I would think, having seen Europe but not China, that my cultural education is incomplete.

You are correct. But the fact remains that the best preserved culture and architecture is in Europe. Africa and India have let their historical monuments rot for too long, be it due to negligence, due to occupation or whatever.

European culture and art is the most tourist friendly IMO

It's great to see how well-traveled people are. I have a leg up because of my flying job, but that's not the same as experiencing a culture.

I didn't read the whole thread. This cool app may have been mentioned - let's you click the world map to show where you've been. Sorry if it is a repeat.

Make your travel map

I have visited Bangladesh , Bangkok ,Singapore , Saudi arabia and U.A.E !!!

Going Italy once again on 5th of May 2011... Tickets already purchased :D

This time I would be travelling to couple of places hopefully. Rome, Florence, Venice and finally going to Milan to my relatives home and hopefully a day trip to Switzerland with them :D

Any advise?

So far i've visit above few countries several times;
1. Pakistan (Where i belong)
2. Italy (where i'm living till day!)
3. France
4. Swiss
5. Germany
6. Norway
7. Denmark
8. Belgium
9. Spain
10. Czech Republic
11. Austria
12. Dubai
13. Qatar
14. Monaco (it's an independent state after all!!)

Now days i'm planing to Visit England but they have just refused me the UK Visa bcz according to them as a student and with my part time job where i gain near 1.500 Euro per month isn't enough to cover my brief visit :confused: and my salary is beyond the average income....didn't knew that a part time job in Italy is paid more then what i get!!! even a full time worker didn't get 1.500 euro here....British Embassy is crazy. But these idiots didn't know that i can use the Italian passport to get there!!!:rofl: i was just curious to know their response to an asian asking a UK Visa!

i'll love to Visit Canada, Australia, South Africa, Egypt, Saudia, Iraq, Japan, China.....almost every country in the world!

So far i've visit above few countries several times;
1. Pakistan (Where i belong)
2. Italy (where i'm living till day!)
3. France
4. Swiss
5. Germany
6. Norway
7. Denmark
8. Belgium
9. Spain
10. Czech Republic
11. Austria
12. Dubai
13. Qatar
14. Monaco (it's an independent state after all!!)

Now days i'm planing to Visit England but they have just refused me the UK Visa bcz according to them as a student and with my part time job where i gain near 1.500 Euro per month isn't enough to cover my brief visit :confused: and my salary is beyond the average income....didn't knew that a part time job in Italy is paid more then what i get!!! even a full time worker didn't get 1.500 euro here....British Embassy is crazy. But these idiots didn't know that i can use the Italian passport to get there!!!:rofl: i was just curious to know their response to an asian asking a UK Visa!

i'll love to Visit Canada, Australia, South Africa, Egypt, Saudia, Iraq, Japan, China.....almost every country in the world!

you dont need visa if you have Italian passport being in EU to visit UK

I have visited India, Singapore, Malaysia, Canada and Bhutan. Singapore had the best infrastructure, India had the best historical sites, the best natural place was bhutan and the the country with the hottest chicks award goes to canada:cheers:

Lets see how many countries have our members traveled so far and/or planning to visit in near future.

For me I have traveled to:

01) Pakistan
02) UK
03) Saudi Arabia
04) Norway
05) France
06) Denmark
07) Sweden
08) Italy

10) Stop-over in Abu Dhabi for a day
11) Stop-over at Bahrain Airport for couple of hours
12) Stop-over at Greece Airport twice
13) short-stay in Belgium when my train was stopped in Brussels

Planning to visit in this year

1) Turkey
2) Saudi Arabia (again)
3) Dubai

Future

All over the world including China, India, Japan, Singapore, Australia, Canada, South Korea, Hong Kong etc

updated list:

01) Pakistan
02) UK
03) Saudi Arabia
04) Norway
05) France
06) Denmark
07) Sweden
08) Italy
09) Vatican City
10) Netherlands / Holland
11) Belgium
12) Spain

13) Stop-over in Abu Dhabi for a day
14) Stop-over at Bahrain Airport for couple of hours
15) Stop-over at Greece Airport twice

Planning to visit this year:

16) Switzerland
17) One more EU country but not decided yet (Austria, Hungary, Romania or Germany)

Planning to visit next year:

18) Turkey
19) Dubai
20) Saudi Arabia
21) One more EU country

Some of the countries mentioned above were visited for more than 1 time.

I have been to Nepal, South Africa, Singapore (small transit tour) and USA... while I loved sportsmanship of Africans and Professionalism/ Law maintenance of US govt but I am deeply impressed with the hard work of Nepalis..

Planning this year to go to UK due to Project work.. if got a chance, will go to Thailand/Malaysia..

Going Canada next month.. got visa stamped.

In no particular order:

1. Germany (well I didn't visit I am from Germany :D)
2. Uk
3. France
4. Ireland
5. Sweden
6. Austria
7. Belgium
8. The Netherlands
9. Poland
10. Greece
11. Turkey
12. Spain
13. Portugal
14. Luxembourg
15. Italy
16. USA (east coast)
17. Canada
18. Denmark

:)

Czech republic is next(Prague for a long weekend this September), Maybe Jordan/Morocco/Egypt soon. Then probably Canada/US West Coast in 1-2 years or south east Asia (Thailand, maybe India)
Definitely Japan and China eventually. Pretty expensive to fly that far though..
But it will happen. I love travelling.

I grew up mostly overseas.

For me:
1. The Netherlands.
2. Singapore.
3. Japan.
4. United Kingdom.
5. Thailand.

Planning on going somewhere in North America or Australia. Considering the Middle East.

Made various stops in Dubai, Calcutta, Kuala Lumpur and Rangoon.

Back
Top Bottom