What's new

How many countries have Hypersonic wind tunnels? What are the top speeds of each country?

lol NDC/DESTO NDE all has supersonic wind tunnels from 90s, at least 2 hypersonic wind tunnels are in karachi

please do tell/explain us how can we develop Ballistic missiles without any hypersonic wind tunnels facilities???
I am asking again and again any link / proof to your assertion
Don't respond to me without a source
lol NDC/DESTO NDE all has supersonic wind tunnels from 90s, at least 2 hypersonic wind tunnels are in karachi

please do tell/explain us how can we develop Ballistic missiles without any hypersonic wind tunnels facilities???

Don't know respond to the question instead of diverting the topic where are the wind tunnels name location speed etc any link ?
Don't give assertion and whataboutism

Most of your links in the thread don't work the ones that do say this

"range of 1.6 to 3.75 Mach Numbers. It is equipped with SCHLIEREN system for shock wave capturing and is a useful aerodynamics educational tool. The subsonic wind tunnels have test sections of 3 ft x 2 ft and 1 ft x 1 ft respectively. Subsonic wind tunnel can test scaled models of lifting bodies and has a computerized data acquisition system that can measure forces and moments"

Below 3 Mach is sub-sonic

Most of your links in the thread don't work the ones that do say this

"range of 1.6 to 3.75 Mach Numbers. It is equipped with SCHLIEREN system for shock wave capturing and is a useful aerodynamics educational tool. The subsonic wind tunnels have test sections of 3 ft x 2 ft and 1 ft x 1 ft respectively. Subsonic wind tunnel can test scaled models of lifting bodies and has a computerized data acquisition system that can measure forces and moments"

Below 3 Mach is sub-sonic
In Pakistan these facilities is classified and concealed there is not much information about on net or elsewhere, but i can sure you we definitely have a hypersonic wind tunnel for testing Ballistic missile/SLV

In Pakistan these facilities is classified and concealed there is not much information about on net or elsewhere, but i can sure you we definitely have a hypersonic wind tunnel for testing Ballistic missile/SLV
Ok thank you
you have still not replied with a link only assertion
"Trust me bro" I like that
All facilities are hidden no one one knows about them but they sure do exist I like that thinking
I was wrong no proofs are needed at all
@Raj-Hindustani
@Protest_again @Paro_Peagus
@MilSpec
We were wrong see
Pakistan has 2 or more tunnels for testing missiles and slvs as you say or are Thier more? I believe you thank you

Last edited:
China has wind tunnel at Mach 35
Mianyang, Sichuan, China, has a large wind tunnel group

To be built or is it already built?

The JF12 wind tunnel, which was put into operation in China in 2012, can already reproduce Mach 5-10.This wind tunnel is in Beijing. The JF22 wind tunnel, which was built from 2018, can achieve Mach 10-25.
There is also a transonic wind tunnel in Mianyang, Sichuan, which can reach up to 24 times the speed of sound.

The JF12 wind tunnel, which was put into operation in China in 2012, can already reproduce Mach 5-10.This wind tunnel is in Beijing.
There is also a transonic wind tunnel in Mianyang, Sichuan, which can reach up to 24 times the speed of sound.
Can you give me some links pls ?
BCS I am not able to find that it has been built ?

To be built or is it already built?

one i think already operational in China and have a speed of Mach-25
Can you give me some links pls ?
BCS I am not able to find that it has been built ?
China to build 'world's fastest' wind tunnel (phys.org)
China to build the world’s fastest wind tunnel | Construction Projects | Construction Global

Last edited:
Do you read your own links read my posts above
Understand the meaning of

"To be built"

"It has been revealed that China is set to build the world’s fastest hypersonic wind tunnel that will be used to aid the development of spacecraft."

I am talking about operational ones

Do you read your own links read my posts above
Understand the meaning of

"To be built"

"It has been revealed that China is set to build the world’s fastest hypersonic wind tunnel that will be used to aid the development of spacecraft."

I am talking about operational ones
Already build, and they have other hypersonic wind tunnels with slower speed as well

How many countries have Hypersonic wind tunnels? What are the top speeds of each country?

The speed of these tunnels vary from Mach 5 to 15. The power requirement of a wind tunnel increases with the cross section, the flow density and is directly proportional to the third power of the test velocity. Hence installation of a continuous, closed circuit wind tunnel remains a costly affair. The first continuous Mach 7-10 wind tunnel with 1x1 m test section was planned at Kochel am See, Germany during WW II

India, US , Russia, France. China may have it.

Back
Top Bottom