What's new

How Indian Bengali's perceive Bangladesh and Bangladeshi?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yet you guys die to imitate that accent. Why don't your newspapers, anchors and film stars use regional dialect of khaise, jaishe, halar po hala instead of the standard bengali dialect of kolkata.

Anyway as hinduguy said, this thread is getting repetitive, I'm off until someone posts something worth rebuttal.

No, we follow our Kushtia accent, it is devoid of Nekami and is very clear. Ghotis cannot differentiate between Bansh (Bamboo) and Bus. Uttam Kumar accent was more like Kushtia, but Soumitra accent is more like Ghoti.

This thread was going good initially. But now it has become a completely troll and bashing thread. I think Mods should closed it now as it has become disgusting.

See the below video and close the thread in a good note. Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
The Ghoti-Bangal phenomena is from a bygone era having very little relevance for today's generation ... Indian bengalis of our generation today , whether from Ghoti ( WB ) or Bangal ( EB ) ancestory , do not dwell on such irrelevant facts anymore ....

How about when there is that East Bengal-Mohonbagan football match? The Bangals certainly support East Bengal team.

How about when there is that East Bengal-Mohonbagan football match? The Bangals certainly support East Bengal team.

Hey eastwatch...... it's fun man. The Bangal Ghoti thing is becoming extinct in this part of the border. Bengali's here are completely a mix and match of that. A Friend Circle will have 50% and 50% Ghoti and even at times people don't know who's Bangal and who's Ghoti. Inter marriages are common as Bangal - Ghoti in Bengali marriages are not a selection criterion and it matters to no one. Basically it's in verge of extinction which will complete in the next 2-3 generations. So somehow to cling to these Heritages or rather to have fun and debates, the Mohun Bagan, East Bengal matches help. At that time Friends come to know who's Bangal and who's Ghoti, and the discussion on Ilish Chingri etc pops up. :)

No, we follow our Kushtia accent, it is devoid of Nekami and is very clear. Ghotis cannot differentiate between Bansh (Bamboo) and Bus. Uttam Kumar accent was more like Kushtia, but Soumitra accent is more like Ghoti.

That's just nonsense and you know it. There is no kusthia dialect, the standard Bengali dialect is chalit spoken in Kolkata which is different from dialects spoken in Bangladesh and in rarh region of West Bengal. It's the Bengali equivalent of chaste urdu, it's urban not nyaka.

Soumitra has the most flawless accent I have ever heard, he knows how to put weight to each word and exact amount of pause.

Hey we get invited by our kolikata dada's in their houses :angry: Why do you guys provide so less food to your guests? What is the point in inviting someone if you dont really feel like feeding him properly?:pissed:

Now you are out right lying.

I hope you know that no Dravidian made any Internet, web, or computer. They are all aryan inventions, made so YOU can talk to me on the other side of the world.
Heck, Dravidian invention doesn't even show up in the 20th & 21st century

Such an ignorant "racist". I say racist in quotes because you are of Yemeni origin, so its ironic, cause I don't think Yemenis have ever invented anything, in any century:lol:

Couple of names,

Chandrasekhara Venkata Raman (Nobel Prize in Physics), Subrahmanyan Chandrasekhar (Nobel Prize in Physics), Venkatraman Ramakrishnan (Nobel Prize in Chemistry). All three are Tamils.

Isn't he a bohra Muslim? I remember he once claiming such.

That's just nonsense and you know it. There is no kusthia dialect, the standard Bengali dialect is chalit spoken in Kolkata which is different from dialects spoken in Bangladesh and in rarh region of West Bengal. It's the Bengali equivalent of chaste urdu, it's urban not nyaka.

Soumitra has the most flawless accent I have ever heard, he knows how to put weight to each word and exact amount of pause.

In case someone has misconceptions about Bangladeshi bangla dialects-#1every part of Bangladesh has different bangla dialect.#2 kushtia,Jessore,Khulna,Bagerhat do share a common dialect style which is different from north and east bangla.#3North,East,And center all have separate style of pronouncing bangla words.apart from Chittagong and Sylett every where bangla is same.but south and west does have a distinct dialect.

Really? I thought we went for Pakistan precisely because we were disgusted with treatment of Hindu Zamindars, now you want to join them? What makes you think they will trust you now or any time in the future, if they did not trust you in 1947?

Instead what is happening is that Indian strategists use Bengali Hindu's in India and Bangladesh as their pawns, leveraging the common culture and language, in their effort to make and keep Bangladesh as a vassal state, using their proxies in various political parties.

Dude zamidari system is long gone and Muslim will be still majority. The only reason west Bengal joined India is that they didn't wanted to be minority. Besides if WB join Bangladesh India will be completely cut off from Sikim & Seven sisters, we will gain access to Nepal & Bhutan.

Dude zamidari system is long gone and Muslim will be still majority. The only reason west Bengal joined India is that they didn't wanted to be minority. Besides if WB join Bangladesh India will be completely cut off from Sikim & Seven sisters, we will gain access to Nepal & Bhutan.

height of wet dreams.:coffee:

The pure written form of Bengali Cholito Vasa is taken from the Kustia/Nodia region as the standard in 19th century.

When you will speak to a Kustia/Nodia region person, you will know how stupid you speak in Kolkata.

Such an ignorant "racist". I say racist in quotes because you are of Yemeni origin, so its ironic, cause I don't think Yemenis have ever invented anything, in any century:lol:

Couple of names,

Chandrasekhara Venkata Raman (Nobel Prize in Physics), Subrahmanyan Chandrasekhar (Nobel Prize in Physics), Venkatraman Ramakrishnan (Nobel Prize in Chemistry). All three are Tamils.

Yemen!!! What is this? Is it from the Mars???

Have you ever been to Kustia region? My mothers side of the family is from Kustia, so i can assure you that there is a Kustia dialect and people from Bangladesh use it as standard. It was cool in a way i never needed to learn chalit vasha for school.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom