What's new

HOW IAF, PAF AND PLAAF WOULD LOOK BY THE END OF 2017

Surprising how little facts are in this thread..
Indian posting incorrect crap about China and Pakistan..
their Chinese and Pakistani counterparts doing the same.

Just read news.....the Indian MRCA contract will have additional 63 Rafale Jets...making total count to 189 pieces.

very near but PAF will not retire 50 F-7PG at any cost as they are very new brought in 2002 and quitee capable.the J-10 number could be anywhere between 36-50

Why do you term the article biased.

F-16: PAF has 77 of these fighter of which 14 odd fighter are very close to blk52.

Jf-17: from where did you get 22 per year. They are operating 2 squadron and they have facility to assemble 11-14 aircraft with China also manufacturing Jf-17 for them.

Jaguar: I too know that Jaguar will remain in service after 2017 but read carefully the scope of the article.

Mig-21 bison:Dude plz, I don't want our pilots to fly these old design aircraft even after 2017.

J-10: China is developing WS-10 engine and it will mature soon. Every possibility of it to fly in PAF colors by 2016.

Su-35: I included this because there are talks, but I myself have doubt but there are many other aircraft waiting in line to get matured i.e. China always have PLAN B in place.

Mig 27 will start retiring from 2020 onwards.

BULLSHIT PURE RUBBISH FAN Boy note.....PAF has 3 Qns of F16 NONE MORE

Have u ever seen Mig21 Bison ----You Civilians know a Jack and make Baseless Comments!!

Jags with Darin 3 UPGRADES and Engine rplacement will be their till 2025. ,,

How PAF,PLAAF and IAF would look by the end of 2017. I choose the year 2017 because I consider by this time all the three forces would retire their respective third generation fighters and they will be left with 4th gen fighters and hence. And even if any air force keep using their 3rd gen fighters, they are not included in the discussions.

PAF:

1. F-16 - 77 (blk15 - 45, blk 40 & 52 32)

JF-17 - 125-150 (blk1- 50 blk2 - 75 to 100)

3. J-10 - 36

Fighters phased out:

1. F-7 - 180 (Copy of Mig 21 bought from China) (3rd gen aircraft)

2. Mirage III - 75 (Bought from France in 1968 and second hand from Australia in 1990 after Australia retired it from their air force) (3rd gen fighters)

3. Mirage 5 - 82 (Bought 48 from france in 1973 and 20 second hand of their air force in 1990 and 14 in 2000 with Rose upgrade, which basically was a upgrade of air frame and some weapon bay.) (An upgrade variant of Mirage III basically a 3.5 gen fighter)

So total number of fighters with PAF by the end of 2017 will be in between 238 - 263.

PLAAF:

1. J-10 - 260/300 (approax) (190 already built and 110 expected of getting completed within next five year.)

2. J-11 - 210 (140 already built and 70 more on order.)

3. Su 27 - 76

4. Su 30mkk - 76

5. Jh-7 - 70 (Though less than 4th gen fighter but it actually serve as a bomber in PLAAF. Expected to serve till 2022 0r 2025.)

6. Su-35 - 24

J-16 - 36

Fighters phased out:

1. J-8 - 360 (3rd gen interceptor. Built on J-7 model.Enlarge version of J-7)

2. J-7 - 350 (Copy of Mig 21)

3. Q-5 - 130 (Early 1960's fighter.)

4. H-6 - 120 (Introduced in late 1950's era bomber.)

So total number of fighters with PLAAF by the end of 2017 will be in between 742 - 782.

IAF:

1. Su 30mki - 270 (190 already built, 40 more expected by 2014 and 42 super sukhoi deal to be finalised.)

2. Mig 29 - 68 (63 to be upgraded to Mig 29 UPG standard.)

3. Mirage 2000 - 57 (All to be upgraded to Mirage 2000-5 mk2 standard)

4. Mig-27ML - 102

5. LCA mk1 - 40

Rafale - 40

Fighters phased out:

1. Mig 21 - 153

2. Jaguar - 151 (Though IAF don't have any plans to retire Jaguar by 2017 but since it is a 3rd gen fighter hence disregarded. I firmly believe it's nuclear firing capability is making IAF to not go ahead with any plans of phasing it out from service.)

So total number of fighters with IAF by the end of 2017 will be approximately 577.

Please keep your underhanded cynicism on the state of PAF aircraft to yourself.
Your biased attitude can be explained by the fact that you have incorrectly stated the condition of the PAF fleet.
Please read up on the DSCA sale of the MLU kits before insulting everybody's intelligence with pointless cynical "analysis" that seems to show that only the IAF will have capable aircraft.

If you cant be objective, dont post.. instead of coming off as a Zaid Hamid wannabe.

Those nos above look pretty fair

But i think PAF wil stil be using F7PG X 50 planes sp PAF will have 320 fighters minimum

IAF will not keep MIG27 X 102 but will keep 100+ JAGUAR so nos of 570 PLANES IS CORRECT

NA ji na, Bisons to itne secret & invisible hai ki hmne unhe aj tk dekha hi nhi.:cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

You will be surprised to know, that, the Bisons are extremely capable aircraft with BVR capability. Its got HMS, RWR too added on to it. From a point defence fighter perspective, this baby is loaded.

You will be surprised to know, that, the Bisons are extremely capable aircraft with BVR capability. Its got HMS, RWR too added on to it. From a point defence fighter perspective, this baby is loaded.

Again :smokin: you fail to surprise me, I already mentioned above that bison will serve beyond 2017.:tongue:

Again :smokin: you fail to surprise me, I already mentioned above that bison will serve beyond 2017.:tongue:

The response was to your quote " Mig-21 bisonude plz, I don't want our pilots to fly these old design aircraft even after 2017." Not to the time.

IAF will have most advanced fighters in Asia where as PLAFF have cheap Russian copies with home grown avionics, its not even a joke.

Shall I understand it as some sort of self - consolation or an attempt to troll ? :azn: ... Will a fighter pilot establish a connection with the hostile and ask " Hey ! Is it a copy of a Russian aircraft ? " in combat ? :D

Considering the domestic product as " unreliable " and " unworthy " is the cause of your decades of backwardness w.r.t China in Aerospace technology ... The Chinese have been developing avionics for decades now , therefore there is no reason to believe that they are either inferior or " haven't matured " ...

F16 - PAF will not recieve any more F16s . You have 1 Sqn Block 52 rest Block 15 Total number 63. Turisk upgrade at a Max will bring to Block 30 level. In order to move to Block 40 or above you need changes in Colings with Lokheed Martin needs to approve.

True , Pakistan wont be getting anymore F16's but all the current ones will be upgraded to the BlK 52 level at least in electronic warfar / avionics / radar , whatever term you prefer ... The Max 30 estimation maybe for the payload and engine ...

Please keep your underhanded cynicism on the state of PAF aircraft to yourself.
Your biased attitude can be explained by the fact that you have incorrectly stated the condition of the PAF fleet.
Please read up on the DSCA sale of the MLU kits before insulting everybody's intelligence with pointless cynical "analysis" that seems to show that only the IAF will have capable aircraft.

If you cant be objective, dont post.. instead of coming off as a Zaid Hamid wannabe.

In that case I request you to post the figures of PAF here. I don't see I need to do any major changes for those second handed products.

Back
Top Bottom