What's new

How Gwadar is RISING to be a WORLD CLASS City

I agree. It is a very pretty small town in the UAE :D i love it.

Regarding your concern about international tourists numbers in the UAE. I agree that 2020 and covid-19 has really tested all nations of the world and not just the UAE, but i am extremely hopeful it will bounce back stronger than ever.

Dubai alone received 17 million tourists in 2019 , it surely dropped in 2020 , but i have a feeling it will gain numbers by Q2 2021 inshallah and full recovery 2022

What is the trick ? great leadership , deep pockets and a very active population that strives to be the best. Inshallah

Again , i agree that Pakistan has resources, and like i mentioned in my earlier post , it just needs good leadership to really cultivate it and Pakistan can finally start shining too.

Tourism and intl' tourism can take a country forward to some extent, can't be relied forever, Greece is one example..bankrupt with one of the highest per capita tourism.

UAE needs to diversify, like smaller nations of Singapore, Netherlands, S.Korea too,

Just shopping malls, tall buildings, condos and nice roads built with oil income now decreased drastically is not ideal. Universities, higher learning centers, Agri, semi industrial SME to LSM sector is more important.

Service sector(tourism specially) can be a mirage....

Last edited:
Gwadar, along with rail links to central asia would be a game changer. Dubai would literally bite the dust.

Nah Dubai will be fine there's plenty of degenerate activities on offer than will not be found in Gwadar.

Tourism and intl' tourism can take a country forward to some extent, can't be relied forever, Greece is one example..bankrupt with one of the highest per capita tourism.

UAE needs to diversify, like smaller nations of Singapore, Netherlands, S.Korea too,

Juts shopping malls, tall buildings, condos and nice roads built with oil income now decreased drastically is not ideal. Universities, higher learning centers, Agri, semi industrial SME to LSM sector is more important.

Service sector(tourism specially) can be a mirage....

I get what your saying, but everything you mentioned has already been underway in the UAE for a good 25+ years. Tourism and services related to it (when done correctly) is a HUGE boost to any economy, but the UAE economy is continuously diversifying every single month. We realize this is the way to go especially when crude oil is no more 50-80 years down the line
Nah Dubai will be fine there's plenty of degenerate activities on offer than will not be found in Gwadar.

are you referring to this ?

this is the price a country / city pays when their economy grows exponentially and the business environment is very attractive. This tends to attract both the good and the bad

Gwadar has the potentia to become a beacon for Pakistan, a modern planned city at the economic forfront of the next stage of economic growth and the people of that region can massively benefit, if they play their cards right and embrace the change that this coming their way.

Gwadar has immense potential but the building needs to be expedited. Why is it taking so long? Also, they need to build more futuristic architecture in order to put it on the world map. So far many of the buildings look plain or dated. If it wants to compete with Dubai, it has to capture the world's imagination.

But Pakistan is long due for this type of development. It is a big country with 250 million people, it is way underdeveloped. It should have 5 Dubais to be honest.

Hopefully we will see Gwadar rise to the world stage within the next 5 years.
I agree. It is a very pretty small town in the UAE :D i love it.

Regarding your concern about international tourists numbers in the UAE. I agree that 2020 and covid-19 has really tested all nations of the world and not just the UAE, but i am extremely hopeful it will bounce back stronger than ever.

Dubai alone received 17 million tourists in 2019 , it surely dropped in 2020 , but i have a feeling it will gain numbers by Q2 2021 inshallah and full recovery 2022

What is the trick ? great leadership , deep pockets and a very active population that strives to be the best. Inshallah

Again , i agree that Pakistan has resources, and like i mentioned in my earlier post , it just needs good leadership to really cultivate it and Pakistan can finally start shining too.

That's the thing. Dubai flourished because it had visionary leadership and a competent management class. Pakistan needs to make sure that it can reproduce this, severe reforms may be necessary.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom